What to expect from USCIS when it comes to minor EB-5 applicants, third party money exchangers, prior filing inconsistencies, bridge financing and material change. ...
About Bernard P Wolfsdorf
Bernard P. Wolfsdorf is an EB-5 immigration attorney and a managing partner at Wolfsdorf Immigration Law Group, an immigration law firm based in Santa Monica, Calif. with an office in New York City. Attorney Wolfsdorf has been designated as a certified Specialist in Immigration and Nationality Law for the State Bar of California for over 20 years.
Wolfsdorf Immigration Law Group employs 18 lawyers and almost 50 professionals, and is known worldwide for its excellence in providing value and top-quality global immigration representation.
Attorney Wolfsdorf is one of three California attorneys to be selected by Chambers USA as a “Star Individual,” and he was also rated in the top tier of Chambers Global World’s Leading Lawyers for Business. He has been consistently rated as “AV Preeminent” by Martindale-Hubbell and was selected as the “2012 Lawyer of the Year for Los Angeles” by U.S. News’ Best Lawyers in America. He has also been recognized as the best immigration attorney in the world by the International Bar Association, the American Bar Association research partner, and Who’s Who Legal from 2010 until 2012. Attorney Wolfsdorf earned these distinctions by receiving the most votes from more than 500 of the top immigration attorneys.
Attorney Wolfsdorf presently serves on the American Immigration Lawyers Association's EB-5 committee and is a past president of AILA.
Answers to EB-5 1463 Questions Answered
- How can a divorce impact the conditional green card of a dependent?
- How does USCIS assign locations for I-131 biometrics appointments?
- Which investment route of EB-5 could let me enter the U.S. faster, a regional center project or a direct investment?
- If the government shutdown happens again, how would it affect the pending DS-260 applications?
- How can I travel back to the U.S. with an expired green card before receiving the I-829 receipt notice?
- What does “EB-5 regional center visas unauthorized” mean in the Visa Bulletin?
- How are jobs maintained if an EB-5 project is completed before the end of the two-year conditional permanent residency?
- How can I gift money to my daughter for her EB-5 application as a conditional green card holder?
- How can I apply for EB-5 if I am holding a F-1 student visa?
- Why is my I-526 receipt number invalid in the USCIS case status system?
- How are jobs calculated in an EB-5 project that is a film production?
- What is the current waiting time for EB-5 investors from Japan?
- What are my options if I cannot get a police clearance certificate from my home country?
- How can I file an I-131 without a specific travel plan?
- Who can qualify as an accredited EB-5 investor?
- How can I partner with a U.S. citizen in a direct investment and apply for EB-5?
- What is the adjudication timeframe for a regional center EB-5 application with expedited processing?
- Can foreign attorneys accept commissions from regional centers?
- How can a 20-year old Indian dependent child get green card through EB-5?
- How long does it take to process an I-131 travel document?
- How can my dependent daughter enter the U.S. after our I-526 gets approved?
- How do I deal with a situation involving EB-5, J1 and F1 visas?
- What should I be careful about after submitting an I-829 application?
- How should EB-5 dependents answer immigration petition-related questions on DS-160 forms?
- Is EB-5 retrogression for Indians limited to regional center investors or does it also impact direct investment?
- When can I apply to extend my I-797 receipt?
- How can I use jobs created at different locations of a direct investment for I-829?
- Should I apply for H1-B with an I-526 approval?
- What should I do if I did not complete the EB-5 interview on the scheduled date?
- How are EB-5 loans usually positioned in a capital stack?
- How can I apply for EB-5 after entering the U.S. with an E-2 visa as a new Grenadian citizen?
- How can I show that a direct EB-5 business is located in a TEA?
- Where can I find information about TEA designation for an EB-5 project?
- How can I apply for EB-5 with a pending EB-2 application?
- Can investors reinvest the EB-5 capital in a non-regional center project in a redeployment situation?
- How can I apply for a family-based immigrant visa with an approved I-526?
- How can I switch from H-1B to H-4 with a pending EB-5 application?
- Is NVC scheduling new appointments during the federal shutdown?
- Should I submit my EB-5 application during the government shutdown?
- How can I remove my green card condition without living in the U.S if I have a reentry permit?
- Why is my I-485 pending for over 3 years after the interview?
- What happens after USCIS approves an I-526 petition?
- Do I have to return my first re-entry permit if I need to apply for another one?
- When can I get my cancelled visa interview rescheduled?
- Can I get my investment money back if I withdraw my EB-5 application?
- How can I start a direct EB-5 investment before applying for EB-5?
- How can I transfer my money to a new project without losing my priority date?
- Is it a good idea to file an I-526 if I cannot invest in full at the time of filing?
- Should I file an I-829 application if the EB-5 business I invested in has failed?
- What issues might there be for an H-4 visa holder to purchase an EB-5 franchise business?
- How could a pending EB-5 application impact my J1 and F1 visa applications?
- Is my scheduled interview with USCIS still valid during the government shutdown?
- How can I file a green card application for my wife with a pending I-829?
- Could an I-829 application be denied if the residency requirement is not fulfilled?
- When are children included in an EB-5 application as dependents?
- How can marrying a non-Chinese accelerate my EB-5?
- Is it still advisable for Indian investors with a pending EB-2 application to go for EB-5?
- How could a shutdown of a business during the I-829 stage impact my EB-5 application?
- Are 20-year-old children too old to be included in an EB-5 application?
- What kind of criminal record could impact my eligibility for EB-5?
- What will happen to my pending EB-5 case if I change my name?
- How long does it take USCIS to review an I-829 RFE response?
- Will my visa denial history impact my ability of getting an EB-5 visa?
- As an EB-5 dependent, could applying for another immigration visa cause problems?
- What will happen to my EB-5 application if I overstayed my H-4 visa?
- How can I apply for EB-5 if I was deported in the past?
- How can I stay in the U.S. with an expired I-20 and an approved I-526?
- When should I file an I-485 form for my EB-2 case if I have a pending I-485 for my EB-5 case?
- How long does it take for a case to receive a decision when assigned to an officer after multiple service requests?
- When should I designate a local representative for my direct EB-5 business?
- How many years do I have to keep continuous residency in the U.S. to apply for citizenship?
- How can I enter the U.S. with an expiring passport and a valid advance parole?
- What are the disclosure liabilities for EB-5 projects?
- How can an EB-5 case be transferred?
- How can I file an E-2 petition while I have a pending I-526?
- How long should I wait to file an E-2 after I obtain Grenada citizenship?
- How can I take advantage of both EB-5 and Opportunity Zone policies?
- How can I adjust my status as an EB-5 dependent?
- How can I use EB-5 investment to expand my licensed cannabis business?
- How can an H-4 visa holder work with a pending I-485?
- How can I sell my business to an EB-5 investor?
- Should I transfer to I-485 EAD when I hold a valid H-1B visa?
- How can I use money generated from an E-2 business to apply for EB-5?
- What should a business owner be responsible for when using EB-5 funds?
- How can I apply for EB-5 if I am not eligible for the DACA program?
- How much travel flexibility does an EB-5 investor have with a I-551 stamp?
- How can EB-5 dependents enter the U.S. alone after the principal applicants?
- How can EB-5 dependents get visa interviews separately?
- How long is my I-526 approval valid?
- What questions might be asked during an EB-5 visa consular interview in Mumbai?
- How are the ages of dependent children calculated after the approval of I-526?
- How can an EB-5 dependent enter the U.S. with an EB-5 visa before the principal applicant?
- Can I request my EB-5 case to be adjudicated again if the travel ban is revoked under a new administration?
- How can EB-5 investors invest in a not-for-profit business?
- How could the new rules of inadmissibility on public charge grounds impact our I-829 case?
- How can EB-5 investors use jobs created before their investment toward their permanent residency?
- When could the EB-5 visa backlog start to impact Indian nationals?
- How long does it take to get my passport back after the EB-5 visa interview?
- What is a good strategy for a pooled EB-5 direct investment project to allocate jobs to investors?
- What is needed for an EB-5 enterprise to sponsor an employment-based green card?
Verified EB-5 Investors
EB5 Investors Magazine and EB5investors.com Articles
When investors should and should not use a lawsuit to speed up a decision of a green card ...
With hundreds of EB-5 projects in the market to choose from and with permanent residency in the U.S. on the line, selecting the right regional center and EB-5 project to invest in can be an important, yet often intimidating, task....
For several months, the possibility of retrogression has weighed heavily on the minds of Chinese investors. Bernard Wolfsdorf explains the backlog, the likelihood of retrogression, and key considerations to keep in mind when working with clients with child derivatives. ...