The COVID-19 pandemic has directly impacted the issuance of immigrant visas and the waiting line, including the movement of final action dates. These dates are green card applicants’ place in the waiting line....
About Bernard P Wolfsdorf
Bernard P. Wolfsdorf is an immigration attorney and a managing partner at Wolfsdorf Rosenthal LLP (WR Global Immigration) an immigration law firm with offices in Los Angeles, New York, Oakland, Santa Monica, San Francisco and Shanghai. Wolfsdorf has been designated as a Certified Specialist in Immigration and Nationality Law by the State Bar of California for over 25 years.
WR Global Immigration is known worldwide for its excellence in providing value and top-quality global immigration representation.
Chambers USA – California rated only three firms as Tier 1, including WR Global Immigration. He has been consistently rated as “AV Preeminent” by Martindale-Hubbell and was selected as the “2018 Lawyer of the Year for Los Angeles” by U.S. News & World Report/Best Lawyers in America. Wolfsdorf serves on the American Immigration Lawyers Association's EB-5 committee and he is a past national president of AILA, where he was awarded its Service Excellence Award for his voluntary contributions. EB5 Investors Magazine has named him in its Top 25 immigration lawyers for the past 5 years.
He is a frequent speaker and author on EB-5 topics. The firm is known for providing innovative solutions to complex issues for its clients and handles a broad range of global mobility cases. WR Global has developed the most advanced Immigrant Management System available – WRapid - that has transformed the practice of immigration law. Chambers USA describes him as “[o]ne of the hardest-working immigration lawyers around.”
Answers to EB-5 2040 Questions Answered
- How should I handle two green card applications?
- Is contacting the congressman of my state advisable for accelerating my EB-5 case?
- How can I work under an E-2 visa while I-485 is pending?
- How can I file an adjustment of status application when my priority date is not current?
- How can I help my current spouse get a green card while I-829s for me and my ex-wife are pending?
- How can I withdraw my investment with a conditional green card?
- Am I still a legal resident after my I-551 stamp expires?
- How long is the waiting period for biometrics after submitting an I-829?
- Why is the processing time on USCIS website much shorter than it is for my case?
- How can I transfer fund for EB-5 from Bangladesh?
- When should I file a mandamus?
- Can I get back to H-1b status if my I-829 is denied?
- What is the best way to contact USCIS on I-526 inquiries?
- Does the new I-526 processing policy apply to cases filed in December 2018?
- What could cause the differences in I-526 adjudication timeline?
- What is the impact of public charge on my I-829 application?
- Will more visas be allocated to the EB-5 category?
- How can I apply for naturalization with continuous residency breaks?
- Could I experience any delays in my EB-5 visa process as a result of the Trump Immigration Ban and COVID-19?
- Will Indian EB-5 I-526 applications be processed faster?
- Can green card holders enter the U.S. if forced to stay abroad for an extended period of time due to COVID-19?
- Can I still enter the U.S. with my EB-5 visa in face of the Trump immigration ban？
- How does the Trump Immigration Ban affect my EB-5 process?
- Can I apply for EB-5 if I have applied for a U visa?
- How would the Trump immigration ban impact a pending I-829 application?
- How can I include my daughter in my EB-5 petition?
- How should we attract EB-5 investors?
- How can I protect my status if my EB-5 business goes bankruptcy?
- Do I need sponsorship for work permit if my I-526 has been approved?
- How can I work with a valid EAD and expiring I-94?
- How can we to remove a beneficiary after I-526 approval?
- What should we do if both the subscription agreement and the Memorandum are silent on the timing of repaying investment to investors after their I-829 are approved?
- Can EB-5 or E-2 business apply for the COVID-19 relief program?
- Can EB-5 investors file marriage-based green card application for spouses?
- How can we sell a business to an EB-5 investor?
- Will I-829 removal of conditions be impacted because of covid-19?
- How can I extend my I-551 stamp?
- What should we do if NVC did not issue invoices for dependents?
- Will laying off employees in an EB-5 project impact I-526 processing?
- Can I work with a pending I-485 after my OPT expires?
- What is the waiting time for Korean investors for I-526 approval?
- How many jobs we would need to create as an EB-5 developer?
- Is it considered a material change if the ownership of the EB-5 project changes?
- Am I legal to stay in the U.S. if my I-94 expires while I-485 pending?
- Do I need to file an extension on nonimmigrant status with a pending I-485?
- What will be the impact of COVID-19 on I-526 availability approach starting 3/31?
- Will I-829 removal of conditions can be impacted because of covid-19?
- How can I apply for EB-5 as an F-1 student?
- What are the updates of from the I-526 processing approach meeting on March 13?
- Can I keep my investment in an escrow account for a direct EB-5 investment project?
- Can our I-829 get approved if the main applicant is incarcerated?
- What is the impact of the new I-526 processing protocol of USCIS on Chinese EB-5 investors who are already in the visa backlog?
- What are my options for redeployment if my regional center doesn’t have a project in a TEA under the new regulation?
- Can I gift funds to my parents to apply for EB-5?
- When can I get my EB-5 money back?
- Will USCIS return my I-485 application package if I file before my priority date becomes current in Chart B of the visa bulletin?
- What are the requirements on health insurance coverage for EB-5 investors?
- What is the current EB-5-based I-485 processing time?
- How can I enter the U.S. as an EB-5 visa holder amid the coronavirus-related travel ban that affects Europe?
- What should I do if my EB-5 visa is denied at the U.S. consulate?
- When would a decision be given after the I-485 interview?
- Do I have to maintain the jobs created when I-829 is pending?
- Can I file a DS-260 while fulfilling the J1 waiver requirements?
- What is the best way to apply for an E-2 visa renewal?
- Does USCIS pay on-site visit to EB-5 direct investment businesses?
- Can I withdrawal my investment when I-829 is pending?
- How can I get an extension for my EB-5 visa?
- Can I get green card as an EB-5 dependent if the petition is filed one day before I turn 21?
- How can I apply for EB-3 as a conditional permanent resident?
- How long does it take an India-born EB-5 investor to get a green card?
- How could the public charge rules impact our citizenship application?
- How long does it take for the EB-5-based I-485 to get approved?
- How can I change a scheduled EB-5 visa interview and get a green card in the U.S.?
- How will the travel ban affect my EB-5 visa application?
- Am I still subject to the OPT rules if I have filed an EB-5-based I-485?
- How can I extend my driver’s license with a pending I-829?
- Can I work for the project I invest in during the 2-year conditional permanent residency?
- Can I use the money earned from my gambling company for my EB-5 application?
- Could I get I-485 approval if my EB-5 project fails?
- Can I extend H-1B visa beyond six years with a pending I-526?
- What could have caused a delay in the processing of an EB-5-based green card?
- Are multiple separate trips of less than six months outside the U.S. deemed abandonment of permanent residency?
- How could the travel ban impact EB-5 investors from impacted countries?
- Do I have to change information on DS-260 and police clearance certificate if I renew my passport?
- What happens if my priority date becomes current but my I-526 is still pending?
- What are the physical presence requirements for EB-5 investors who want to apply for naturalization?
- How can I correct information in my DS-260 form?
- How can the new processing policy of I-526 accelerate the adjudication of my case?
- Does a divorce at the I-829 stage impact the green card of an EB-5 dependent?
- Does a dependent child lose his green card when he turns 21?
- Will I be able to get the administration fee back if the regional center project fails?
- How can I refile an I-485 application?
- Will I lose my eligibility as an EB-5 dependent if I get married?
- How can I travel overseas with an EAD/AP card?
- Will my wife get a green card if I file an EB-5 application before we get married?
- How can I participate in the EB-5 program with an existing business?
- Should I file an I-485 if my status in the U.S. will expire soon?
- What should I do if USCIS denies my re-entry permit application?
- Is India out of the EB-5 retrogression?
- What is the minimum development size for an acceptable EB-5 real estate project?
Verified EB-5 Investors
EB5 Investors Magazine and EB5investors.com Articles
The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has published a final rule that makes a number of significant changes to its EB-5 Immigrant Investor Program. The final rule will become effective on Nov. 21, 2019. ...
What to expect from USCIS when it comes to minor EB-5 applicants, third party money exchangers, prior filing inconsistencies, bridge financing and material change. ...
When investors should and should not use a lawsuit to speed up a decision of a green card ...
With hundreds of EB-5 projects in the market to choose from and with permanent residency in the U.S. on the line, selecting the right regional center and EB-5 project to invest in can be an important, yet often intimidating, task....
For several months, the possibility of retrogression has weighed heavily on the minds of Chinese investors. Bernard Wolfsdorf explains the backlog, the likelihood of retrogression, and key considerations to keep in mind when working with clients with child derivatives. ...