The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has published a final rule that makes a number of significant changes to its EB-5 Immigrant Investor Program. The final rule will become effective on Nov. 21, 2019. ...
About Bernard P Wolfsdorf
Bernard P. Wolfsdorf is an immigration attorney and a managing partner at Wolfsdorf Rosenthal LLP (WR Global Immigration) an immigration law firm with offices in Los Angeles, New York, Oakland, Santa Monica, San Francisco and Shanghai. Wolfsdorf has been designated as a Certified Specialist in Immigration and Nationality Law by the State Bar of California for over 25 years.
WR Global Immigration is known worldwide for its excellence in providing value and top-quality global immigration representation.
Chambers USA – California rated only three firms as Tier 1, including WR Global Immigration. He has been consistently rated as “AV Preeminent” by Martindale-Hubbell and was selected as the “2018 Lawyer of the Year for Los Angeles” by U.S. News & World Report/Best Lawyers in America. Wolfsdorf serves on the American Immigration Lawyers Association's EB-5 committee and he is a past national president of AILA, where he was awarded its Service Excellence Award for his voluntary contributions. EB5 Investors Magazine has named him in its Top 25 immigration lawyers for the past 5 years.
He is a frequent speaker and author on EB-5 topics. The firm is known for providing innovative solutions to complex issues for its clients and handles a broad range of global mobility cases. WR Global has developed the most advanced Immigrant Management System available – WRapid - that has transformed the practice of immigration law. Chambers USA describes him as “[o]ne of the hardest-working immigration lawyers around.”
Answers to EB-5 1714 Questions Answered
- If my EB-5-based I-485 gets rejected, how long do I have before I must leave the U.S.?
- How can I apply for EB-5 with a criminal record that has been removed?
- How can EB-5 investors apply for Obamacare?
- When will I be eligible to apply for U.S. citizenship?
- How can I run an EB-5 business on behalf of my relative who is an EB-5 investor?
- What happens to an EB-5 project if the unemployment rate of its TEA falls below 150% of the national average?
- What requirements should a business meet to qualify for EB-5?
- How long does it take USCIS to issue a receipt for an I-526 application?
- How should EB-5 investors read the visa bulletin?
- When can investors request to get their EB-5 investment funds back?
- How can I apply for I-131 re-entry permit outside the U.S.?
- How can I start a direct EB-5 investment with an H-1b visa?
- How can EB-5 investors protect their rights to equal employment opportunities?
- How can I correct a mistake in the DS-260 form during the EB-5 visa interview?
- What documents do I need to prove that I am an accredited investor for the EB-5 program?
- How can I enter the country with a valid F-1 visa and a pending I-526 application?
- What should I do if my adjustment of status application is rejected due to incorrect payment information?
- How can an EB-5 projects recruit more EB-5 investors than what was originally intended in the project business plan?
- How should investors arrange the timing of investment in EB-5?
- How should investors choose between EB-5 and E-2?
- How could a pending I-526 case impact my ability to get an F-1 visa?
- How should an Indian investor weigh his options between EB-5 and EB-2?
- How can I file an EB-2 case if I already hold an EB-5-based conditional green card?
- How can I file a renewal of advance parole with a pending I-485 and travel with an expiring advance parole?
- Should I be worried that I have not got any case updates for my advance parole application three months after USCIS received it?
- How long can EB-5 visa holders stay in the U.S.?
- How can I apply for an H-1b visa with a pending EB-5 case?
- How can an EB-5 investor and his dependent proceed with the I-485/DS-260 process separately?
- How can I transfer my EB-2 priority date to my EB-5 application?
- How long can I stay outside the U.S. while waiting for the I-826 to be processed?
- How can I initiate an EB-5 application in the U.S. on a visitor visa?
- How can I get the time spent waiting for an I-485 to be approved count towards the 5-year citizenship requirement?
- Can I clarify a mistake made on my DS-260 form during the EB-5 visa interview?
- What costs are included in an EB-5 investment?
- When do I need to fulfill the tax liabilities in the U.S. as an EB-5 investor?
- Should I withdraw a risky I-829 application and pursue a green card with I-130?
- Would my initial entry in the U.S. as a conditional green card holder be considered illegal if our I-829 application gets denied?
- What is the progress of the H.R. 1044 bill?
- Is it possible to maintain residency requirements in both the U.S. and Canada at the same time?
- Can I enter the country with a visitor visa if I have a green card?
- Can I withdraw a pending I-829 application and re-apply for another type of green card while in the U.S.?
- How can I convert an existing business to an EB-5 investment?
- How could an EB-5 application impact my ability to get a visitor visa?
- Why did the visa backlog happen and what are the solutions?
- Why did our EB-5 visa application get denied?
- How possible is it that a 10-year-old dependent will age out if an Indian investor participates in EB-5 now?
- When can I get a biometrics appointment?
- How can I get my green card back if it has been deemed abandoned?
- How can I prove the source of funds for inherited money?
- What are the restrictions on a G4 visa holder to apply for EB-5?
- Can I apply for an E-2 visa with a pending I-526?
- How could the new price tag of EB-5 impact previous investors?
- Will I have any issues applying for an H-4 visa with an approved I-526?
- How should EB-5 investors choose regional centers to work with?
- What should I do to request a refund for my EB-5 investment?
- What are the tax liabilities of EB-5 investors?
- How could the H.R. 1044 bill impact EB-5 investors?
- Can I travel on an H-1B visa with an approved I-526 petition?
- What are the minimum investment requirements for using a troubled business for EB-5?
- Can I adjust my status based on marriage if my I-829 gets denied?
- As an EB-5 investor with a pending I-829 petition, do I have to apply for renewal of my I-551 stamp immediately after it expires?
- What happens if the primary EB-5 applicant passes away before the EB-5 process is completed?
- What is the receipt date of my I-485 if the first application got denied?
- What happens if my EB-5 case gets into the visa retrogression?
- Where should we start to raise capital from EB-5 investors?
- Can I change the country of chargeability of my EB-5 case while the I-526 is pending?
- Is it possible to apply for the EB-5 program with a criminal record?
- What are the solutions for Indian investors whose dependents might age out due to the retrogression?
- If F-1 students use EB-5-based I-485 EAD, will they lose their student status?
- Will I be denied entry if I have received treatment for syphilis?
- What are the negative impacts on an investor who withdraws an approved I-526 petition?
- Should I choose to change status or apply for an EB-5 visa on my I-526 form?
- Should I apply to renew my F-1 visa or should my parents submit an I-130 petition for me?
- Where can I find companies to purchase within TEA areas?
- What is the minimum age to apply for EB-5?
- Do I have to work with a regional center to raise EB-5 funds for my business?
- Is escrow for the investment a USCIS requirement for EB-5?
- How long do I have to remain in the U.S. after receiving a green card through EB-5?
- Does the petitioner count toward the job-creation requirement?
- How can we invest in an EB-5 restaurant franchise project with diners at different locations?
- What is the current waiting time for new EB-5 investors from India?
- What should investors do if they find issues with their EB-5 investments at the I-829 stage?
- How can we apply for EB-5 if we have stakes in a foreign company that will acquire a U.S. company?
- If the regional center I worked with gets terminated, will my I-485 application be approved?
- What are the current wait times for Australians?
- What options do we have for our 20-year-old daughter when retrogression hits India investors in July?
- Can my girlfriend have two pending petitions for permanent residency?
- Will pregnant women be considered a public charge?
- Can I apply for U.S. citizenship if my I-829 is pending?
- Can an OPT student travel outside U.S. with a pending I-130 application?
- How long can I keep my status as a green card holder after the I-829 application is denied?
- Can I use E-2 investment toward an EB-5 visa?
- How can I invest in an ongoing motel development project?
- What should I do if I spot issues with my EB-5 project at the I-495 stage?
- When is the eligibility of dependent children determined in EB-5 cases?
- Can I make an EB-5 investment through a holding company?
- Should I apply for an L-1 visa if I have a pending I-829?
- Does an investment fund qualify as an EB-5 direct investment business?
- Can a principal applicant add a dependent to his I-829 even though the I-485 of his dependent has not been approved yet?
- How can I prove the source of funds for money earned through an offshore company?
Verified EB-5 Investors
EB5 Investors Magazine and EB5investors.com Articles
What to expect from USCIS when it comes to minor EB-5 applicants, third party money exchangers, prior filing inconsistencies, bridge financing and material change. ...
When investors should and should not use a lawsuit to speed up a decision of a green card ...
With hundreds of EB-5 projects in the market to choose from and with permanent residency in the U.S. on the line, selecting the right regional center and EB-5 project to invest in can be an important, yet often intimidating, task....
For several months, the possibility of retrogression has weighed heavily on the minds of Chinese investors. Bernard Wolfsdorf explains the backlog, the likelihood of retrogression, and key considerations to keep in mind when working with clients with child derivatives. ...