EB-5 stakeholders are now increasingly willing to challenge USCIS denials, delays, RFEs and interpretations of EB-5 regulations in the courts. And the courts are listening....
About Bernard P Wolfsdorf
Bernard P. Wolfsdorf is an immigration attorney and a managing partner at WR Immigration (Wolfsdorf Rosenthal LLP), an immigration law firm with offices in Los Angeles, New York, Oakland, Santa Monica, San Francisco and Shanghai. Wolfsdorf has been designated as a Certified Specialist in Immigration and Nationality Law by the State Bar of California for over 25 years.
WR Immigration is known worldwide for its excellence in providing value and top-quality global immigration representation.
Chambers USA – California rated only three firms as Tier 1, including WR Immigration. He has been consistently rated as “AV Preeminent” by Martindale-Hubbell and was selected as the “2018 Lawyer of the Year for Los Angeles” by U.S. News & World Report/Best Lawyers in America. Wolfsdorf serves on the American Immigration Lawyers Association's EB-5 committee and he is a past national president of AILA, where he was awarded its Service Excellence Award for his voluntary contributions. EB5 Investors Magazine has named him in its Top 25 immigration lawyers for the past 5 years.
He is a frequent speaker and author on EB-5 topics. The firm is known for providing innovative solutions to complex issues for its clients and handles a broad range of global mobility cases. WR Immigration has developed the most advanced Immigrant Management System available – WRapid - that has transformed the practice of immigration law. Chambers USA describes him as “[o]ne of the hardest-working immigration lawyers around.”
Answers to EB-5 2329 Questions Answered
- How can I move forward with my approved I-526 when the American embassy is closed in Russia?
- What happens with my EB-5 petition if a regional center fails?
- How long does it take USCIS to send me electronic notification of receipt of my I-829 form?
- How can I still file an I-829 even though my investment money is not at risk during the 2-year conditional green card period?
- How can I remain FICA exempt on OPT even if I receive EAD/AP from AOS (i-485)?
- As an EB-5 investor, how can I leave the U.S. without receiving my AP combo card and not jeopardize my EB-5 application?
- How can I change my attorney in the middle of my EB-5 process to file RFE documents?
- How can I file for an F-1 visa while having a pending I-526 for EB-5?
- How can I transfer to another EB-5 project after receiving my conditional green card?
- How can I file an I-485 now if I have an approved I-526 and a pending H-1b extension?
- How can I as an EB-5 dependent withdraw from an EB-5 petition?
- I got my EB-5 conditional green card, how can my wife also get it?
- How can an EB-5 investor apply for a re-entry permit if the conditional green card has expired?
- If a common law marriage is recognized in my home country, how can I add my partner as a dependent on my EB-5 application?
- How will a DUI misdemeanor impact my EB-5 visa application?
- How can I set up my own EB-5 regional center or rent one?
- How can I go the EB-5 direct investment route if I don''t want to run a company myself?
- How can I apply for EB-5 direct investment by forming a company with a group of Americans?
- How do I create an EB-5 project in a TEA?
- What will happen with my EB-5 application now when Mayorkas ratified the 2019 EB-5 modernization regulations?
- How can I use my real estate investment equity to apply for EB-5?
- What should I do as an EB-5 investor if my spouse did not receive an official I-829 notice of receipt?
- If an EB-5 investor need to travel overseas, is the six-month rule considered in the aggregate or in a row to not risk losing my visa?
- Can I create a sub company in a different industry to maintain my EB-5 workforce while waiting for my I-829 decision?
- What are eligible areas to invest in for the EB-5 direct investment route?
- As an EB-5 investor studying in the U.S., how can I get my combo card before I graduate?
- What would happen with my EB-5 application after June 30 if the regional center program is not extended?
- How long does it take to get the EB-5 status updated after a biometric appointment?
- How can I as an EB-5 green card holder enter the U.S. when I have been overseas for 4 years?
- What happens if I am a derivative on an approved I-526 petition but I am about to get married with a U.S. citizen?
- How do I as a real estate developer use the EB-5 direct investment route?
- What happens with my consular processing for my EB-5 application if my country of residence change after I apply?
- How can I as an EB-5 applicant renew my re-entry permit outside of the U.S.?
- How can I make the processing time for I-829 for my EB-5 direct investment faster?
- How can I as an online trader prove source of funds for my EB-5 investment?
- How can I apply for EB-5 after I lost my F-1 status?
- How can I expand an existing business as part of my EB-5 direct investment?
- How should EB-5 applicants from Hong Kong use the priority date, same as China?
- How will the changes to the public charge rule impact my EB-5 application?
- Why is there a delay in the transfer of my approved EB-5 petition to the NVC?
- When can Indian natives expect approval of I-526 petitions?
- What can I do if I lost my passport with my i-551 stamp and was denied a return resident visa?
- How can I make sure that my invested EB-5 capital is safe while I wait for visa approval?
- How can I meet the criteria to make an EB-5 investment through a franchise?
- What does one I-829 approval from an unfinished EB-5 project mean for other investors?
- What are the requirements for removing conditions when it comes to EB-5 job creation?
- What can I do if NVC have not received my approved I-824 petition after 4 months？
- How can I speed up the EB-5 adjustment of status time line?
- How would I switch from adjustment of status to consular processing on an I-526 petition?
- What can I do if USCIS has not transferred my case to NVC even though my I-824 was approved last year?
- How can I switch from a PERM to I-829 without impacting my family?
- Can I start a new job with an expired conditional green card and a I-829 receipt?
- How can I transfer from an approved I-526 to an I-I30?
- How can I file a status change for EB-5 while on a B-1 visa?
- How can we file a I-485 petition while the I-526 is still pending?
- What are the alternative processes of I-290bs when the I-829 is denied?
- What is the tax status for F-1 students after filing for EB-5?
- What happens with pending EB-5 applications if the EB-5 program is not reauthorized in June?
- What should I do if my CPR extension status has expired but I am not planning to travel?
- What happens if my I-829 is denied while I am traveling overseas?
- How will it impact an EB-5 applicant if the business they invested in fails due to Covid?
- How can I apply for naturalization after my I-829 was denied?
- What happens if I submit a family-based AOS after submitting an EB-5 based AOS?
- How does biometrics work for children younger than 14 years of age?
- How will it impact our EB-5 process if the main applicant is overseas large part of the year?
- How will an EB-5 application impact my current L-1 visa?
- How can my venture capital fund benefit from the EB-5 program?
- What happens with our I-829 petition if the main applicant have been outside of the U.S. for a long time because of Covid-19?
- What is the validity of the CPR of a dependent who is immigrating 2 years after the main applicant?
- How will an error on my G-28 form impact my EB-5 I-829 petition?
- When can I start using my Eb-5 direct investment funds in my escrow account?
- How can I submit my Eb-5 investment after my application is approved so I don''t sell my assets in vain?
- How long after an RFE response does it take for USCIS to adjudicate I-526?
- What should I do if my student visa is expiring soon and our EB-5 visa is still pending?
- What are my options if my I-829 18-month-extension is expiring soon?
- How can my U.S. employer help me apply for an EB-5 visa?
- What should I do if I have not received my biometrics appointment after 15 weeks?
- How can I return to my home country to see my family while on an F-1 visa with a pending I-526 for EB-5?
- What are my options if my Eb-5 project fails and my I-829 is denied?
- How can EB-5 dependents file I-829 separately from the main applicant?
- What should I do if I have submitted my I-485 for EB-5 but just had the I-130 approved?
- How can I invest in an LLC on a tourist visa or EB-5 visa?
- When can I as an Indian native expect an approval of my I-526 petition?
- What happens if our son can not make the I-526 interview?
- What is the timeline for loosing my status if my I-829 is denied?
- How do I perform due diligence when selecting an EB-5 project?
- How can I expedite the I-829 filing receipt since my CPR is expiring soon?
- How can I postpone my biometric appointment and return to my country without jeopardizing my EB-5 process?
- How can I expedite the I-526 process when the NVC has not received my case file a year after approval?
- How can I apply for a re-entry permit virtually due to Covid-19?
- Can I start a new EB-5 case with my new wife when my case for withdrawal is still pending?
- What should I do if I have not received my biometrics appointment after 10 weeks?
- What happens with a dependent of a pending I-829 if the principal applicant cannot keep his CPR status current?
- How can I make my startup a direct EB-5 investment?
- How can we apply for I-485 through EB-2 and EB-5 simultaneously?
- What should I do if I have no interview time and my status is expiring soon?
- How can I change the location of my EB-5 business in a TEA after applying for I-526?
- How do I change from consular processing to filing an I-485 after I-526 approval?
- How can I use both funds from friends and a bank loan to pay for my EB-5 investment?
- How can an EB-5 due diligence analyst help me and what is the average cost?
Verified EB-5 Investors
EB5 Investors Magazine and EB5investors.com Articles
Recent statistics from USCIS shows a more positive reality for those stuck in the EB-5 backlog and offers help for EB-5 investors with long visa wait times. ...
The COVID-19 pandemic has directly impacted the issuance of immigrant visas and the waiting line, including the movement of final action dates. These dates are green card applicants’ place in the waiting line....
The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has published a final rule that makes a number of significant changes to its EB-5 Immigrant Investor Program. The final rule will become effective on Nov. 21, 2019. ...
What to expect from USCIS when it comes to minor EB-5 applicants, third party money exchangers, prior filing inconsistencies, bridge financing and material change. ...
When investors should and should not use a lawsuit to speed up a decision of a green card ...
With hundreds of EB-5 projects in the market to choose from and with permanent residency in the U.S. on the line, selecting the right regional center and EB-5 project to invest in can be an important, yet often intimidating, task....
For several months, the possibility of retrogression has weighed heavily on the minds of Chinese investors. Bernard Wolfsdorf explains the backlog, the likelihood of retrogression, and key considerations to keep in mind when working with clients with child derivatives. ...