What to expect from USCIS when it comes to minor EB-5 applicants, third party money exchangers, prior filing inconsistencies, bridge financing and material change. ...
About Bernard P Wolfsdorf
Bernard P. Wolfsdorf is an EB-5 immigration attorney and a managing partner at Wolfsdorf Immigration Law Group, an immigration law firm based in Santa Monica, Calif. with an office in New York City. Attorney Wolfsdorf has been designated as a certified Specialist in Immigration and Nationality Law for the State Bar of California for over 20 years.
Wolfsdorf Immigration Law Group employs 18 lawyers and almost 50 professionals, and is known worldwide for its excellence in providing value and top-quality global immigration representation.
Attorney Wolfsdorf is one of three California attorneys to be selected by Chambers USA as a “Star Individual,” and he was also rated in the top tier of Chambers Global World’s Leading Lawyers for Business. He has been consistently rated as “AV Preeminent” by Martindale-Hubbell and was selected as the “2012 Lawyer of the Year for Los Angeles” by U.S. News’ Best Lawyers in America. He has also been recognized as the best immigration attorney in the world by the International Bar Association, the American Bar Association research partner, and Who’s Who Legal from 2010 until 2012. Attorney Wolfsdorf earned these distinctions by receiving the most votes from more than 500 of the top immigration attorneys.
Attorney Wolfsdorf presently serves on the American Immigration Lawyers Association's EB-5 committee and is a past president of AILA.
Answers to EB-5 1242 Questions Answered
- How can I apply for EB-5 with a pending adjustment of status application?
- What options do I have if my EB-5 case gets denied due to the travel ban?
- How can I apply for EB-5 while on a J-1 waiver?
- How are jobs allocated to investors in an EB-5 project?
- How can I apply for an I-131 re-entry permit outside the U.S.?
- How can I work legally with an I-485 EAD and a pending OPT EAD?
- Should I chose an adjustment of status or immigration visa?
- How can I abandon my F-1 status if I have a pending I-485?
- What is the process for the spouse of an EB-5 investor to get a green card?
- If my regional center closes, how could I still get a conditional green card?
- What is the processing timeline for expedited I-526?
- What does “case currently not assigned to process" mean?
- How do EB-5 dependents answer questions about immigration petition filing on the DS-160 form?
- When do EB-5 investors need to file Form I-864?
- How can EB-5 investors receive their investment return earlier?
- How can I work for the EB-5 business I invested in?
- How can we change the name of a regional center?
- How long does it take to transfer from E-2 to EB-5?
- What is the current processing time for I-526?
- What should I do if my EB-5 project gets investigated by the SEC?
- What impact could HR-392 have on EB-5?
- How do I travel overseas during the DS-260 processing?
- What are the implications for my business if I take EB-5 investment money?
- How could EB-5 investments be done by a group of three to four investors?
- How do health conditions impact my eligibility of applying for EB-5?
- How long does it take for Vietnamese investors to obtain green cards through EB-5?
- What happens if the investment loan matures before the I-829 adjudication?
- How can we invest $1 million in portions and qualify for EB-5?
- What should investors expect after submitting I-829?
- Can the I-829 of a dependent get approved if the I-829 of the principal applicant gets denied?
- How can I use cryptocurrency to invest in EB-5?
- How can I apply for citizenship while my I-829 is pending?
- Do I need to pay U.S. taxes while on a conditional green card?
- How can I apply for EB-1 after my EB-5-based conditional green card is approved?
- How can EB-5 investors apply for U.S. residency for their parents?
- What happens to my application if my regional center gets terminated?
- How long does it take to receive an interview notice?
- What are the requirements for a J-1 visa holder to apply for EB-5?
- What is the timeline for filing for citizenship for a minor who is an EB-5 dependent?
- How can “visiting the EB-5 project” be an approved reason for applying for a visitor visa?
- When should I inform IPO that the project I invested in has received I-924 approval?
- How can I add a non-mainland China born spouse to my approved I-526?
- How can I file EB-5 on a visitor visa?
- How do I travel right after the EB-5 consular interview?
- How does USCIS count job creation for different EB-5 investors involved in the same project?
- What is the possibility of getting an F-1 visa approved while I have applied for an EB-5 visa?
- My child aged out due to a wrong I-526 form filed by my immigration attorney. What options do I have?
- How is job creation by multi-level marketing considered for EB-5 purposes?
- When can EB-5 applicants enjoy in-state tuition?
- How can my minor daughter and son apply for EB-5?
- How long does it generally take to receive green cards in the mail after entering the U.S.?
- How can EB-5 applicants best prepare for their dependents to not age out of the process?
- Could my EB-5 application be positively impacted if I pay the investment in full?
- When do I receive biometrics after I file the I-131 travel document?
- How can I transit my EB-5 priority date to my EB-2 date?
- How does the payment of the NVC immigration fee work for EB-5 dependents?
- How could marrying a non-China-born spouse benefit my EB-5 application?
- What happens if the TEA designation of my EB-5 project becomes invalid?
- When could the new EB-5 reform be announced?
- How can I withdraw my EB-5 regional center petition and get the investment back?
- What are the residency requirements for EB-5 principal applicants and dependents after the I-526 approval?
- How can I provide proof that the direct EB-5 enterprise is established in a targeted employment area?
- How can my daughter keep her student status if her I-829 gets denied?
- How does a denied EB-5 case impact my future applications?
- How can I use online money transfer service statements as proof for source of funds for EB-5?
- How can I avoid conflicts between two immigration petitions?
- How can I have two different kind of businesses under one master company for EB-5?
- What solutions do I have if the EB-5 project I invested in fails?
- How could a divorce during the I-485 pending stage impact my EB-5 application?
- What is the timeline for creating jobs in a direct EB-5 project?
- How can an agricultural project qualify as a direct EB-5 investment?
- What if I am unable to prove source of funds for a small part of my investment amount?
- How can I stay and travel with an expired student visa and a pending EB-5 I-485?
- How will dual citizenship impact my EB-5 application?
- Can I work still work in the states after I485 application?
- How long does it take to process biometrics and the I-131 travel document?
- How can an H4-EAD holder invest in a direct EB-5 project?
- How can my 21-month-old baby stay outside the U.S. for more than six months as a conditional permanent resident?
- What are the requirements for an affidavit of support during the consular processing of an EB-5 application?
- How can an EB-5 direct investment be done as two projects in different industries?
- How can I appeal outside of the U.S. if my I-829 gets denied?
- Is an adjustment of status or consulate interview recommended? Why?
- How could a self-prepared income statement provide evidence for EB-5 source of funds?
- How can I re-enter the U.S. as an F-1 visa holder after filing my DS-260?
- How will the travel ban impact my EB-5 application?
- What options does my father have after his I-526 is denied?
- How can I apply for EB-5 with an inadmissible spouse?
- How can I convert my E-2 business to an EB-5 project?
- How could investing in franchises qualify for EB-5?
- How can China-born EB-5 applicants work legally in the U.S. after their H-1B expires?
- What license does one need to provide EB-5 brokerage services in the U.S.?
- How is USCIS’ changing policy on accrued unlawful presence impacting EB-5 investors?
- How do China-born EB-5 investors estimate the wait time?
- How can a H-1B visa holder apply for direct EB-5 investment?
- How do EB-5 investors protect themselves against fraud?
- How can I add my new spouse when filing my I-829?
- How can marrying a U.S. citizen accelerate my green card application compared with EB-5?
- What should I expect after my I-526 gets approved?
- Under what conditions could the I-829 petition of an EB-5 investor be turned down?
- How can an EB-5 new commercial enterprise include E-2 investors?
Verified EB-5 Investors
EB5 Investors Magazine and EB5investors.com Articles
When investors should and should not use a lawsuit to speed up a decision of a green card ...
With hundreds of EB-5 projects in the market to choose from and with permanent residency in the U.S. on the line, selecting the right regional center and EB-5 project to invest in can be an important, yet often intimidating, task....
For several months, the possibility of retrogression has weighed heavily on the minds of Chinese investors. Bernard Wolfsdorf explains the backlog, the likelihood of retrogression, and key considerations to keep in mind when working with clients with child derivatives. ...