The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has published a final rule that makes a number of significant changes to its EB-5 Immigrant Investor Program. The final rule will become effective on Nov. 21, 2019. ...
About Bernard P Wolfsdorf
Bernard P. Wolfsdorf is an immigration attorney and a managing partner at Wolfsdorf Rosenthal LLP (WR Global Immigration) an immigration law firm with offices in Los Angeles, New York, Oakland, Santa Monica, San Francisco and Shanghai. Wolfsdorf has been designated as a Certified Specialist in Immigration and Nationality Law by the State Bar of California for over 25 years.
WR Global Immigration is known worldwide for its excellence in providing value and top-quality global immigration representation.
Chambers USA – California rated only three firms as Tier 1, including WR Global Immigration. He has been consistently rated as “AV Preeminent” by Martindale-Hubbell and was selected as the “2018 Lawyer of the Year for Los Angeles” by U.S. News & World Report/Best Lawyers in America. Wolfsdorf serves on the American Immigration Lawyers Association's EB-5 committee and he is a past national president of AILA, where he was awarded its Service Excellence Award for his voluntary contributions. EB5 Investors Magazine has named him in its Top 25 immigration lawyers for the past 5 years.
He is a frequent speaker and author on EB-5 topics. The firm is known for providing innovative solutions to complex issues for its clients and handles a broad range of global mobility cases. WR Global has developed the most advanced Immigrant Management System available – WRapid - that has transformed the practice of immigration law. Chambers USA describes him as “[o]ne of the hardest-working immigration lawyers around.”
Answers to EB-5 1800 Questions Answered
- What are the requirements of health insurance on EB-5 visa applicants?
- How can chart B in the visa bulletin prevent dependents from aging out for their EB-5 visas?
- What should we do if my dependent child ages out due to the backlog for Indian investors?
- How can I use money in my 401(K) account to apply for EB-5?
- How should I start my EB-5 application if I have a pending EB-2 case with a priority date in 2010?
- How long do we need to wait if we receive a 221(g) notice during our EB-5 visa interview?
- How can I transfer the EB-5 investment capital from the bank account in my home country to the U.S.?
- When can I submit an EB-5 application in the U.S. if I enter the border as a tourist?
- How can I use borrowed money from a friend for my EB-5 investment?
- How can I travel internationally if I just file my EB-5 I-485 application?
- How can I use foreign income and assets to support an I-864 application?
- How can I use my F-1 OPT EAD to work when I have a green card?
- How can I run an EB-5 business with a TD visa?
- How can I sell a business to a potential EB-5 investor?
- What is the timeline for setting up an EB-5 business and creating jobs?
- What legal recourses do I have to secure the return of my EB-5 investment?
- How can I file an EB-3-based I-485 when I am on an EB-5-based conditional green card?
- How can the approved I-829 of an EB-5 principal applicant accelerate the processing of the I-829s of dependents?
- How can we require to expedite the processing of EB-5 visas?
- How can I register a business in the U.S. with a pending EB-5 application?
- How does USCIS count job creation for an EB-5 application?
- When can I travel internationally after my I-131 biometrics appointment?
- How can I structure an EB-5 direct investment business at two different locations?
- What are the requirements on the business performance and maintenance of jobs for a direct EB-5 business during the I-829 stage?
- How can I travel outside the U.S. and return for my I-131 biometrics appointment?
- How can I make my investment accumulate and qualify for EB-5?
- Under what circumstances is an I-134 necessary for a visitor visa holder?
- How are permanent residents and citizens taxed in the U.S.?
- How can my wife travel with a pending I-485 and an I-551 from a pending I-829?
- What is the timeline for an EB-5 application?
- What kind of investment can I make with a tourist visa?
- How can I apply for an F-1 visa if I have filed an I-526 application?
- How can I change my levels of study as an international student with an EB-5 application?
- When do I need to start fulfilling tax obligations as an EB-5 investor?
- What is the estimated processing time for I-526 applications?
- What are the travel restrictions on conditional green card holders?
- How can I keep my EB-3 priority date if my I-829 gets denied?
- How can my daughter qualify for EB-5 if I filed our I-526 application one day before she turned 21?
- How can my son apply for EB-5 while studying in the U.S.?
- How can I apply to adjust status with an I-130 form if I have a conditional green card?
- What should an EB-5 investor do if the name on her I-526 form is different than that on her passport?
- How long can Canadian citizens stay in the U.S. after TN visas expire?
- How can I apply for a work visa if my EB-5 based I-485 gets denied?
- What happens to rgw EB-5-based green card of my son when he turns 21 years old?
- What should I do if there is information missing on my DS-260 form?
- What are some additional costs for an EB-5 application?
- How are EB-5 investors taxed on inherited property?
- What is considered a public charge that could risk the status of a green card holder?
- How can EB-5 investors travel with expired green cards and I-797 receipts?
- Which option is faster for an Indian EB-5 investor to enter the U.S.: adjustment of status or consular processing?
- How could my credit score impact the approval rate of my I-526 application?
- After the I-526 approval, how can I change from consular processing to adjustment of status to get my conditional green card?
- How can I submit my EB-5-based I-485 application during the grace period after the expiration of my current H-1B visa?
- How can I file an I-829 application outside the U.S.?
- How long does it usually take to launch an EB-5-compliant business?
- What are some potential issues for an F-1 student with an approved I-526 to apply for OPT?
- Which option is faster for my wife to enter the U.S., with a CR-1 visa or an EB-5 visa?
- How can franchise businesses use EB-5 capital?
- What is the current waiting time for Indians to get an EB-5 visa?
- How long does it take from getting an I-526 approval to getting an EB-5 visa?
- How can EB-5 investors invest in a real estate development project that is not connected with a regional center?
- How can an H-1b visa holder open a company then apply for an EB-5 visa?
- How long does it take to prepare an EB-5 case?
- How can I use crowdfunded capital in my EB-5 application?
- How can I use income from Google AdSense for my EB-5 application?
- How can we as a real estate management company use EB-5 funds for our project?
- How can I apply for EB-5 if my mother and sister have applied for asylum?
- How can I use an existing business to apply for EB-5?
- How can I become a partner of an LLC as a tourist visa holder and later use it for EB-5?
- How is EB-5 investment capital taxed when investors get it back?
- What will happen to the investors if their regional centers get terminated by USCIS?
- How can a direct EB-5 business support the application of several foreign investors?
- How can I file an E-2 application and an EB-5 at the same time?
- How could a change of investment projects impact the status of a dependent in an EB-5 case?
- How can I apply for U.S. citizenship with a conditional green card?
- How can a reentry permit impact my ability to apply for U.S. citizenship?
- How can I transfer my permanent residency application to the EB-3 category with a pending I-829?
- How should investors interpret the job creation numbers on the form I-829?
- How can conditional green card holders apply for naturalization?
- How can I stay in the U.S. with an approved I-526 and an expired F-1 visa?
- How can I strategically plan the timing of my EB-5 filing to meet the Nov. 21 deadline?
- How can I return to the U.S. as a green card holder who has stayed outside the country for an extended period of time?
- What does it mean to be physically present in the U.S. while filing for I-131?
- What is the I-526 processing time for an Africa-born investor?
- How can a foreigner who has overstayed his tourist visa apply for EB-5?
- What is the process of getting the EB-5 capital back after I-829 approval?
- If my EB-5-based I-485 gets rejected, how long do I have before I must leave the U.S.?
- How can I apply for EB-5 with a criminal record that has been removed?
- How can EB-5 investors apply for Obamacare?
- When will I be eligible to apply for U.S. citizenship?
- How can I run an EB-5 business on behalf of my relative who is an EB-5 investor?
- What happens to an EB-5 project if the unemployment rate of its TEA falls below 150% of the national average?
- What requirements should a business meet to qualify for EB-5?
- How long does it take USCIS to issue a receipt for an I-526 application?
- How should EB-5 investors read the visa bulletin?
- When can investors request to get their EB-5 investment funds back?
- How can I apply for I-131 re-entry permit outside the U.S.?
- How can I start a direct EB-5 investment with an H-1b visa?
- How can EB-5 investors protect their rights to equal employment opportunities?
- How can I correct a mistake in the DS-260 form during the EB-5 visa interview?
Verified EB-5 Investors
EB5 Investors Magazine and EB5investors.com Articles
What to expect from USCIS when it comes to minor EB-5 applicants, third party money exchangers, prior filing inconsistencies, bridge financing and material change. ...
When investors should and should not use a lawsuit to speed up a decision of a green card ...
With hundreds of EB-5 projects in the market to choose from and with permanent residency in the U.S. on the line, selecting the right regional center and EB-5 project to invest in can be an important, yet often intimidating, task....
For several months, the possibility of retrogression has weighed heavily on the minds of Chinese investors. Bernard Wolfsdorf explains the backlog, the likelihood of retrogression, and key considerations to keep in mind when working with clients with child derivatives. ...