What to expect from USCIS when it comes to minor EB-5 applicants, third party money exchangers, prior filing inconsistencies, bridge financing and material change. ...
About Bernard P Wolfsdorf
Bernard P. Wolfsdorf is an EB-5 immigration attorney and a managing partner at Wolfsdorf Immigration Law Group, an immigration law firm based in Santa Monica, Calif. with an office in New York City. Attorney Wolfsdorf has been designated as a certified Specialist in Immigration and Nationality Law for the State Bar of California for over 20 years.
Wolfsdorf Immigration Law Group employs 18 lawyers and almost 50 professionals, and is known worldwide for its excellence in providing value and top-quality global immigration representation.
Attorney Wolfsdorf is one of three California attorneys to be selected by Chambers USA as a “Star Individual,” and he was also rated in the top tier of Chambers Global World’s Leading Lawyers for Business. He has been consistently rated as “AV Preeminent” by Martindale-Hubbell and was selected as the “2012 Lawyer of the Year for Los Angeles” by U.S. News’ Best Lawyers in America. He has also been recognized as the best immigration attorney in the world by the International Bar Association, the American Bar Association research partner, and Who’s Who Legal from 2010 until 2012. Attorney Wolfsdorf earned these distinctions by receiving the most votes from more than 500 of the top immigration attorneys.
Attorney Wolfsdorf presently serves on the American Immigration Lawyers Association's EB-5 committee and is a past president of AILA.
Answers to EB-5 1629 Questions Answered
- What options do we have for our 20-year-old daughter when retrogression hits India investors in July?
- Can my girlfriend have two pending petitions for permanent residency?
- Will pregnant women be considered a public charge?
- Can I apply for U.S. citizenship if my I-829 is pending?
- Can an OPT student travel outside U.S. with a pending I-130 application?
- How long can I keep my status as a green card holder after the I-829 application is denied?
- How can I invest in an ongoing motel development project?
- Can I use E-2 investment toward an EB-5 visa?
- What should I do if I spot issues with my EB-5 project at the I-495 stage?
- When is the eligibility of dependent children determined in EB-5 cases?
- Can I make an EB-5 investment through a holding company?
- Should I apply for an L-1 visa if I have a pending I-829?
- Does an investment fund qualify as an EB-5 direct investment business?
- Can a principal applicant add a dependent to his I-829 even though the I-485 of his dependent has not been approved yet?
- How can I prove the source of funds for money earned through an offshore company?
- Would an e-commerce business be eligible as an EB-5 direct investment?
- How can we change the principal petitioner of our EB-5 case?
- Why is there a big increase in the processing time of I-526?
- How can I get my investment back when my I-526 is still pending?
- How can I change information on my DS-260 form for my EB-5 visa?
- Could the application for re-entry permits impact our ability to remove conditions on our green cards?
- Should I apply for an H-1B visa or an F-1 visa while waiting for my EB-5 case to be approved?
- How long can green card holders stay outside the U.S.?
- How long does it take the NVC to process a change of location request?
- Can I get my student status back if the I-485 gets rejected?
- What is the requirement of the financial wellness of an EB-5 investor?
- What should we expect if we have EB-5 and EB-2 cases pending at the same time?
- How can YouTubers prove the source of funds for EB-5?
- Can I create a single-member LLC for EB-5 through third-party service providers?
- Can I switch from an EB-5 green card to an EB-3 green card?
- How can I get biometrics done for my re-entry permit application with a walk-in appointment?
- What’s the tax implication on the gifted EB-5 funds?
- Is it possible to transfer the EB-2 priority date to my EB-5 application?
- How long is a re-entry permit valid for?
- Should EB-5 dependents file I-829s concurrently with the principal applicant if their green cards are issued at different times?
- How should I start the application for U.S. citizenship?
- Does the new commercial enterprise have to create jobs before its investors receive the conditional green card or after?
- Can I travel outside the U.S. with my student visa while my I-485 is pending?
- How could a previous criminal record impact my eligibility for EB-5?
- How can I add my new wife to my EB-5 application if I already have a visa interview scheduled?
- Is it a good idea to add children who are almost 21 years old to an EB-5 application?
- How do EB-5 investors get their social security numbers?
- Which type of visa should I apply for to enter the U.S. to conduct due diligence on the regional center projects that I am interested in?
- Should I file an EB-5 I-485 when I have an EB-1 I-485 case pending?
- Are jobs created before the adjudication of an I-526 application qualifies for EB-5?
- How long does it take to adjudicate an I-526 after it is assigned to an officer?
- How should an EB-5 dependent who needs a J-1 waiver file for permanent residency?
- When can I receive I-526 receipt?
- What are considered significant changes in an EB-5 project?
- What are the tax consequences of opening a U.S. bank account for a prospective EB-5 investor?
- When will the EB-5 dependents receive the invoices for their visa processing fees?
- What happens to an EB-5 dependent who turns 21 years old during consulate processing?
- Why are two I-526 cases adjudicated differently for applications filed at the same time?
- What happens to the EB-5 investors if the new commercial enterprise is sold to another company?
- Can I invest in the company that sponsors me for an H-1b visa and apply for EB-5?
- How many times can I use my EB-5 visa to enter the U.S.?
- What type of attorneys should we look for if things go wrong with my EB-5 case?
- Can I change status from B1/B2 to E2 with a pending EB-5 case?
- What should I do if the adjudication of my I-526 is outside the normal time frame?
- Will my children who were born in mainland China be subject to the EB-5 retrogression?
- How could a pending EB-5 application impact my TN status?
- Do I need to make significant changes to an existing business to qualify for EB-5?
- How are EB-5 investors notified when their I-526 applications are approved?
- How should I-829 applications be filed if the conditional permanent residency of the principal applicant and the dependent are approved at different?
- Why is my I-526 still pending after 37 months?
- Can I apply for EB-5 if I have a pending asylum application?
- What requirements should an existing business meet as an EB-5 qualified business?
- What will happen to an EB-5 dependent if she has already aged out when submitting the I-485?
- What should investors at the I-829 stage do if fraud is found in the EB-5 project?
- Can we use money earned in the U.S. as our EB-5 funds?
- Do I have to stay in the U.S. if I participate in EB-5 for my son?
- Can I get my student status back if my EB-5 I-485 is rejected?
- How can I invest in an existing business and do EB-5?
- Can one have two I-130 applications filed at the same time?
- Should my daughter apply for an F-1 visa if she has a pending DS-260?
- Should I inform USCIS if the EB-5 project I invest in receives an exemplar approval after I file I-526?
- How can I apply for EB-5 if my country of birth is Somalia?
- How can I enter the U.S. with an expired green card and a pending naturalization case?
- How can a group of investors set up a branch in the U.S. and apply for EB-5?
- How can Chinese investors maintain the "at risk" status of the funds without having to reinvest?
- When are EB-5 investors allowed to get the investment money returned?
- Is it important for an EB-5 investor to show that the direct investment is making money?
- What should my student status be if I have a pending EB-5 I-485 case?
- What is the process of receiving a green card for an EB-5 investor currently living outside the U.S.?
- Why am I receiving schedule K-1 but no actual payment?
- What are the minimum requirements for maintaining permanent residency for the investor, spouse and children?
- When am I eligible to apply for U.S. citizenship as an EB-5 investor?
- Could the approval of an EB-5 exemplar project be deemed a significant change?
- When will I get a notice from the national visa center after my I-526 gets approved?
- What should EB-5 investors do if their visa application cases are put under administrative processing?
- How can I change the EB-5 interview location?
- How can we get the investment money back if we decide not to proceed with EB-5?
- How can I apply for EB-2 and EB-5 concurrently?
- Who are eligible to adjust status in the U.S. for the EB-5 program?
- Will having a mistake on my DS-260 affect my interview?
- From where are police clearances required for EB-5?
- Can a sports team get EB-5 investors?
- Can I file my I-829 together with my spouse if my spouse is still waiting on her own I-485 decision?
- How can asylum applicants apply for EB-5?
- Could my child from India age out before our EB-5 application gets approved?
Verified EB-5 Investors
EB5 Investors Magazine and EB5investors.com Articles
When investors should and should not use a lawsuit to speed up a decision of a green card ...
With hundreds of EB-5 projects in the market to choose from and with permanent residency in the U.S. on the line, selecting the right regional center and EB-5 project to invest in can be an important, yet often intimidating, task....
For several months, the possibility of retrogression has weighed heavily on the minds of Chinese investors. Bernard Wolfsdorf explains the backlog, the likelihood of retrogression, and key considerations to keep in mind when working with clients with child derivatives. ...