The COVID-19 pandemic has directly impacted the issuance of immigrant visas and the waiting line, including the movement of final action dates. These dates are green card applicants’ place in the waiting line....
About Bernard P Wolfsdorf
Bernard P. Wolfsdorf is an immigration attorney and a managing partner at Wolfsdorf Rosenthal LLP (WR Global Immigration) an immigration law firm with offices in Los Angeles, New York, Oakland, Santa Monica, San Francisco and Shanghai. Wolfsdorf has been designated as a Certified Specialist in Immigration and Nationality Law by the State Bar of California for over 25 years.
WR Global Immigration is known worldwide for its excellence in providing value and top-quality global immigration representation.
Chambers USA – California rated only three firms as Tier 1, including WR Global Immigration. He has been consistently rated as “AV Preeminent” by Martindale-Hubbell and was selected as the “2018 Lawyer of the Year for Los Angeles” by U.S. News & World Report/Best Lawyers in America. Wolfsdorf serves on the American Immigration Lawyers Association's EB-5 committee and he is a past national president of AILA, where he was awarded its Service Excellence Award for his voluntary contributions. EB5 Investors Magazine has named him in its Top 25 immigration lawyers for the past 5 years.
He is a frequent speaker and author on EB-5 topics. The firm is known for providing innovative solutions to complex issues for its clients and handles a broad range of global mobility cases. WR Global has developed the most advanced Immigrant Management System available – WRapid - that has transformed the practice of immigration law. Chambers USA describes him as “[o]ne of the hardest-working immigration lawyers around.”
Answers to EB-5 2154 Questions Answered
- What happens if I cannot maintain my EB-5 business during COVID-19 while waiting for I-829 approval?
- What should I do if my I-526 is pending for three years?
- Does the validity period of an re-entry permit count towards the requirement for naturalization?
- What should I do if the visa fee payment link from NVC email does not work?
- Can we apply for visitor visas with a pending I-526 petition?
- Can we travel internationally with a pending naturalization application?
- What should we do if we put wrong information on our DS-260 form?
- What is the process of getting an I-551 stamp?
- Should I withdraw my pending I-829 if I have an approved I-130?
- How long does it take to get an biometrics appointment after filing I-131?
- Can investors who were deported apply for EB-5?
- Will my son lose his status if my green card is considered abandoned?
- What is the processing time of I-526?
- What happens to my EB-5 petition if the JCE declares bankruptcy?
- Can EB-5 investors make investment in batches?
- What happens to the conditional green card of my wife if we get married?
- Am I eligible for EB-5 if I have a criminal record?
- How long does it take to process an I-131?
- What evidence of jobs creation do I need for an I-829 filing?
- Am I eligible for EB-5 if I get the I-797 notice after I turn 21?
- Should I work on H1-B or I-485 EAD?
- Has USCIS issued guidelines regarding the executive order on Hong Kong?
- How long does it take currently to process an I-131 application?
- Should I file for Writ of Mandamus alone or as part of a group?
- Will the conditional green card be extended automatically while I-829 is pending?
- Can I renew my passport after submitting I-485?
- How could the dependent spouse proceed with the EB-5 process in case of a divorce?
- Should I file for Writ of Mandamus if my I-526 is pending for two years?
- Will my I-829 be approved if the EB-5 project was suspended?
- What is the processing time for an EB-5 case converted from an E-2 business?
- How can I register a business as a visitor visa holder?
- Will my EB-2 PERM and I-140 become invalid after getting an EB-5-based green card?
- How is job creation structured in restaurant projects for EB-5?
- What are physical presence requirements for EB-5 investors?
- Can USCIS send out an incorrect RFE by mistake?
- How can I enter the U.S. with an expired green card and two I-797 notices?
- How can we get our EB-5 investment back?
- Does I-829 processing time count towards citizenship?
- What is the impact of the Executive Order by Trump on Hong Kong nationals?
- How could an error on the DS-260 form impact my case?
- How would a hold of distribution of funds for my project impact my application?
- How can I apply for OPT EAD with a pending I-485?
- How can I use I-797 with expired I-551 stamp as travel documents and work authorization?
- How can I apply for EB-5 based on the assets of my friend?
- How can we remove a family member from a pending I-526 petition?
- What happens to our I-829 if the regional center goes bankruptcy?
- What is the minimum percentage of equities an EB-5 investor should buy?
- Does an I-829 RFE have a negative impact on my case?
- How can the derivative applicant get I-829 approval if the principal applicant may be considered abandoned her status?
- Can my husband deliberately not include me as his dependent after the I-526 approval ?
- What is the cost to file a Writ of Mandamus?
- Does USCIS require a source of funds details from non-EB-5 investors in an EB-5 project?
- How can we prove the source for funds from bitcoin investment for our EB-5 application?
- Is my I-131 still valid after the green card interview?
- How could the new I-526 processing time affect the adjudications of Writ of Mandamus?
- Can I apply for EB-2 after I receive the conditional green card from EB-5?
- Should I file for writ of mandamus for my I-526 pending for two years?
- How can I renew my advance parole document outside the U.S.?
- Is taking unemployment insurance money counted as public charge?
- How can I use loans against fixed deposits of a business for EB-5?
- How can I apply for EB-5 with an E-2 visa?
- How long does it take to process I-829 petitions?
- How could the Executive Order on Hong Kong Normalization impact my EB-5 case?
- How long does it take to process an EB-5-based I-485?
- Can I sell equity of an EB-5 enterprise and re-invest to qualify for EB-5?
- How can we get back our EB-5 investment?
- What is the success rate of Writ of Mandamus for I-526 adjudication delays?
- Can I file an I-485 with an expired I-94?
- Do I need to be physically in the US to process I-829?
- How long does it take to process I-526 with expedition?
- How can I withdraw my I-526 application?
- What can I do if the EB-5 project owner decides to sell the land?
- Can I apply for EB-5 with a pending asylum application?
- What is the current wait time for Chinese EB-5 investors?
- Do F-1 students with pending I-485s have to leave the U.S. due to the new SEVP regulations?
- How can I apply for an extension on my re-entry permit outside the U.S.?
- How could the executive order improve I-526 processing?
- When can I get work authorization as an EB-5 investor?
- Can I include dependents in my I-829?
- How could executive order on immigration affect I-551 renewal?
- Do I need to apply for an SB-1 visa with a pending I-829?
- Does the time spent in Puerto Rico counted for naturalization?
- Can my I-829 be denied if I use government welfare programs?
- How should I fix mistakes in my DS-260 form?
- Can I travel out of the U.S. with a pending I-526?
- Does USCIS require I-485 interviews for EB-5 investors currently?
- Do I lose my EB-5 green card if my mother cannot meet residency requirements?
- How could the furlough of USCIS workers impact I-526 adjudication?
- How can I use my EB-5 business for an E-2 application?
- What happens if our EB-5 business cannot meet the projected revenue?
- Is USCIS processing I-526 petitions now?
- How will the new executive order affect EB-5?
- Do I have to apply for an EB-5 visa out of my home country?
- Can one have two pending I-485s?
- How can an EB-5 investor acquire a U.S. company?
- How can EB-5 investors apply for naturalization?
- How could a pending I-526 impact J-1 visa?
- Can a DACA beneficiary apply for EB-5?
- Why do I receive a "Your Name was Updated" notice from USCIS?
- How many pages does an I-526 petition contain?
Verified EB-5 Investors
EB5 Investors Magazine and EB5investors.com Articles
The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has published a final rule that makes a number of significant changes to its EB-5 Immigrant Investor Program. The final rule will become effective on Nov. 21, 2019. ...
What to expect from USCIS when it comes to minor EB-5 applicants, third party money exchangers, prior filing inconsistencies, bridge financing and material change. ...
When investors should and should not use a lawsuit to speed up a decision of a green card ...
With hundreds of EB-5 projects in the market to choose from and with permanent residency in the U.S. on the line, selecting the right regional center and EB-5 project to invest in can be an important, yet often intimidating, task....
For several months, the possibility of retrogression has weighed heavily on the minds of Chinese investors. Bernard Wolfsdorf explains the backlog, the likelihood of retrogression, and key considerations to keep in mind when working with clients with child derivatives. ...