What to expect from USCIS when it comes to minor EB-5 applicants, third party money exchangers, prior filing inconsistencies, bridge financing and material change. ...
About Bernard P Wolfsdorf
Bernard P. Wolfsdorf is an EB-5 immigration attorney and a managing partner at Wolfsdorf Immigration Law Group, an immigration law firm based in Santa Monica, Calif. with an office in New York City. Attorney Wolfsdorf has been designated as a certified Specialist in Immigration and Nationality Law for the State Bar of California for over 20 years.
Wolfsdorf Immigration Law Group employs 18 lawyers and almost 50 professionals, and is known worldwide for its excellence in providing value and top-quality global immigration representation.
Attorney Wolfsdorf is one of three California attorneys to be selected by Chambers USA as a “Star Individual,” and he was also rated in the top tier of Chambers Global World’s Leading Lawyers for Business. He has been consistently rated as “AV Preeminent” by Martindale-Hubbell and was selected as the “2012 Lawyer of the Year for Los Angeles” by U.S. News’ Best Lawyers in America. He has also been recognized as the best immigration attorney in the world by the International Bar Association, the American Bar Association research partner, and Who’s Who Legal from 2010 until 2012. Attorney Wolfsdorf earned these distinctions by receiving the most votes from more than 500 of the top immigration attorneys.
Attorney Wolfsdorf presently serves on the American Immigration Lawyers Association's EB-5 committee and is a past president of AILA.
Answers to EB-5 1553 Questions Answered
- How can I enter the U.S. with an expired green card and a pending naturalization case?
- How can a group of investors set up a branch in the U.S. and apply for EB-5?
- How can I apply for EB-5 if my country of birth is Somalia?
- How can Chinese investors maintain the "at risk" status of the funds without having to reinvest?
- When are EB-5 investors allowed to get the investment money returned?
- Is it important for an EB-5 investor to show that the direct investment is making money?
- What should my student status be if I have a pending EB-5 I-485 case?
- What is the process of receiving a green card for an EB-5 investor currently living outside the U.S.?
- Why am I receiving schedule K-1 but no actual payment?
- What are the minimum requirements for maintaining permanent residency for the investor, spouse and children?
- When am I eligible to apply for U.S. citizenship as an EB-5 investor?
- When will I get a notice from the national visa center after my I-526 gets approved?
- Could the approval of an EB-5 exemplar project be deemed a significant change?
- What should EB-5 investors do if their visa application cases are put under administrative processing?
- How can I change the EB-5 interview location?
- How can we get the investment money back if we decide not to proceed with EB-5?
- Who are eligible to adjust status in the U.S. for the EB-5 program?
- How can I apply for EB-2 and EB-5 concurrently?
- From where are police clearances required for EB-5?
- Will having a mistake on my DS-260 affect my interview?
- Could my child from India age out before our EB-5 application gets approved?
- How can asylum applicants apply for EB-5?
- Can a sports team get EB-5 investors?
- Can I file my I-829 together with my spouse if my spouse is still waiting on her own I-485 decision?
- How can regional center policymaking affect an EB-5 visa outcome?
- Can a DACA recipient apply for EB-5?
- How should I send the civil documents to the National Visa Center?
- Can one person stay on E-2 while another applies for EB-5?
- How do changes in an EB-5 project budget need to be reflected?
- How can I plan a direct EB-5 investment into a partnership to develop real estate business?
- What is the EB-5 eligibility of foreign nationals not living in their country of origin?
- How would a change of business location affect my EB-5 project?
- How do you verify the validity of an EB-5 project?
- How can we transfer from H-1B to EB-5?
- With pending EAD documentation, can it be used to extend my license?
- Is my I-730 application affecting my I-485 application with USCIS?
- Can a U.S. tourist visa holder apply for EB-5?
- What happens to the EB-5 investment amount after the I-526 approval and during the wait time for I-485?
- What should I do if I am charged an entry fee at the border as a conditional green card holder?
- Can I file an I-526 application while transferring the investment fund to the U.S.?
- How can I file an I-824 for my wife with a pending I-485?
- How can I use the ACS appointment system to schedule a biometrics appointment for a re-entry permit?
- How can I travel with an F-1 visa and a pending advance parole application?
- If I apply for a J-1 visa, will it affect my EB-5 application?
- What requirements should a start-up meet in order to use EB-5 funds?
- Why might the National Visa Center claim that it had not received my petition from USCIS?
- How can I work with a valid EAD and an expiring I-94 with a pending I-485?
- How long does it take for an investor from India to get an EB-5 green card?
- Can I borrow $250,000 from a relative for my EB-5 application?
- How can I make a direct investment in a census tract that is not a TEA but still enjoy the low investment threshold?
- Could a pending EB-5 case impact the application of an F-1 visa?
- What could happen to the I-485 petition of my husband while my I-829 is still pending?
- What should I do if I find mistakes in my EB-5 filing?
- What are the biggest challenges of using an existing business for EB-5?
- What is the priority date of an EB-5 I-485 application?
- Are Hong Kong applicants subject to an EB-5 backlog?
- What factors determine the adjudication time of I-526 cases?
- How can I convert part-time jobs to full-time positions to qualify for EB-5?
- How can I apply for a re-entry permit with an immigrant visa?
- When can I, as a conditional green card holder, leave the country with a pending I-131?
- How can I make my development plan EB-5 eligible?
- When will a naturalization ceremony be scheduled after the interview?
- Can I travel in and out of the U.S. with a valid tourist visa and a pending E-2 application?
- Since the government is open again, when can I get notification from the National Visa Center for an EB-5 visa appointment?
- Has the EB-5 regional center program been reauthorized or not?
- What should EB-5 investors pay attention to while selling a property in the U.S.?
- Do I need to inform USCIS or my EB-5 attorney that I changed my address and will get a new I-20?
- How can I switch attorneys at the I-829 stage?
- Can an EB-5 dependent be enrolled in a public school with B-1/B-2 visa?
- Do I need to start creating jobs in a direct EB-5 investment before filing my I-526 petition?
- What happens to the investors who are in the process of filing their I-829s if their regional center is terminated?
- How long does it take to process an I-485 case?
- What should we do if another EB-5 regional center is using the same abbreviation as ours?
- How can I apply for an H-1B transfer with a pending EB-5 I-485?
- Can regional centers redeploy EB-5 money without the consent of investors?
- How can I use money from U.S. sources to invest in EB-5?
- When can an EB-5 investor sell his share in a direct investment without impacting his green card?
- Do I need to get an I-551 stamp with a pending I-829 if I do not plan to travel?
- How can I change my name without impacting my pending I-829 case?
- Why does the U.S. consulate in Islamabad still claim that the EB-5 regional center program has expired?
- Will aged-out EB-5 dependents be moved to a family-based immigration category automatically?
- How can I expand my online business to a brick-and-mortar store and qualify for EB-5?
- How can I switch investment project within the same regional center without losing my priority date?
- What impact could an I-526 petition have on my valid ESTA with Global Entry?
- Why is the EB-5 regional center category still marked as "U" in the newly release March visa bulletin?
- How can I get my investment back if I get a NOID for my I-526?
- What kind of investors are exempt from interviews for EB-5 I-485 adjudication?
- Can I file an I-485 application based on my husband''s approved EB2 I-140 while my EB-5 I-829 is pending?
- How can I downsize the direct EB-5 business after filing the I-829 petition?
- How can I change my petition from a family-based green card to an EB-5 direct investment?
- How can a divorce impact the conditional green card of a dependent?
- How does USCIS assign locations for I-131 biometrics appointments?
- If the government shutdown happens again, how would it affect the pending DS-260 applications?
- How can I travel back to the U.S. with an expired green card before receiving the I-829 receipt notice?
- Which investment route of EB-5 could let me enter the U.S. faster, a regional center project or a direct investment?
- What does “EB-5 regional center visas unauthorized” mean in the Visa Bulletin?
- How are jobs maintained if an EB-5 project is completed before the end of the two-year conditional permanent residency?
- How can I gift money to my daughter for her EB-5 application as a conditional green card holder?
- How can I apply for EB-5 if I am holding a F-1 student visa?
- Why is my I-526 receipt number invalid in the USCIS case status system?
Verified EB-5 Investors
EB5 Investors Magazine and EB5investors.com Articles
When investors should and should not use a lawsuit to speed up a decision of a green card ...
With hundreds of EB-5 projects in the market to choose from and with permanent residency in the U.S. on the line, selecting the right regional center and EB-5 project to invest in can be an important, yet often intimidating, task....
For several months, the possibility of retrogression has weighed heavily on the minds of Chinese investors. Bernard Wolfsdorf explains the backlog, the likelihood of retrogression, and key considerations to keep in mind when working with clients with child derivatives. ...