The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has published a final rule that makes a number of significant changes to its EB-5 Immigrant Investor Program. The final rule will become effective on Nov. 21, 2019. ...
About Bernard P Wolfsdorf
Bernard P. Wolfsdorf is an immigration attorney and a managing partner at Wolfsdorf Rosenthal LLP (WR Global Immigration) an immigration law firm with offices in Los Angeles, New York, Oakland, Santa Monica, San Francisco and Shanghai. Wolfsdorf has been designated as a Certified Specialist in Immigration and Nationality Law by the State Bar of California for over 25 years.
WR Global Immigration is known worldwide for its excellence in providing value and top-quality global immigration representation.
Chambers USA – California rated only three firms as Tier 1, including WR Global Immigration. He has been consistently rated as “AV Preeminent” by Martindale-Hubbell and was selected as the “2018 Lawyer of the Year for Los Angeles” by U.S. News & World Report/Best Lawyers in America. Wolfsdorf serves on the American Immigration Lawyers Association's EB-5 committee and he is a past national president of AILA, where he was awarded its Service Excellence Award for his voluntary contributions. EB5 Investors Magazine has named him in its Top 25 immigration lawyers for the past 5 years.
He is a frequent speaker and author on EB-5 topics. The firm is known for providing innovative solutions to complex issues for its clients and handles a broad range of global mobility cases. WR Global has developed the most advanced Immigrant Management System available – WRapid - that has transformed the practice of immigration law. Chambers USA describes him as “[o]ne of the hardest-working immigration lawyers around.”
Answers to EB-5 1865 Questions Answered
- How can I use an established business for EB-5?
- Where can I find a list of qualified regional centers with projects located in a TEA under the new rules?
- How could applying for Medicaid impact my pending I-829 application?
- In a redeployment scenario, do investors have to meet the new investment requirements of EB-5?
- How can I take investment from potential EB-5 investors?
- When could an EB-5 investor receive an advance parole card after submitting an I-485 application?
- Should an Italian investor apply for an E-2 visa first while his EB-5 application is pending?
- Under what circumstances is it necessary for a dependent applicant of I-526 to file an I-824 application?
- How can my son who becomes 21 during the administrative processing of our EB-5 visas enter the U.S.?
- What happens if I do not move to the U.S. after receiving an EB-5 visa?
- How can EB-5 dependents attend a visa interview if the principal applicant already gets a green card?
- How can I reinvest in an EB-5 project and retain my previous priority date?
- Why are visas for the EB-5 regional center program still unauthorized for December even though the program has been extended?
- How can I manage my EB-5 business with a visitor visa while waiting for my case to be approved?
- What are the tax liabilities on the foreign assets of the EB-5 investors?
- How could the new EB-5 rules impact the processing time of I-526 applications?
- What are my options if the EB-5 project I invested in fails at the conditional green card stage?
- Do I need to own at least 50% of a company to be eligible for the EB-5 direct investment program?
- How does the government’s budget extension impact the modernization changes of the EB-5 program, which were set to start Thursday?
- How could my EB-5 case be impacted if I apply for health insurance using federal subsidy?
- How can we switch the principal applicant of an EB-5 case?
- How can I correct a mistake on my DS-260 form?
- How can I travel back to the U.S. without a re-entry permit after being outside the country for over six months?
- What legal recourse does an investor have if the regional center does not provide the supporting documents for I-829 promptly?
- How can DACA beneficiaries participate in the EB-5 program?
- How can I still successfully file an EB-5 application before Nov. 21?
- What happens to my application if one of the other proposed EB-5 reform acts gets passed after Nov. 21?
- Is the age of EB-5 dependent children still frozen after the approval of I-526 and before a visa interview?
- What is the approximate cost and timeline of starting a regional center?
- How does USCIS allocate the unused visas among EB-5 investors from backlogged countries?
- How can I use capital earned from stocks for my EB-5 application?
- How can an EB-5 regional center provide different offers to EB-5 investors in the same NCE?
- What is the timeline of obtaining a reentry permit?
- How can EB-5 investors use their shares in an EB-5 project for loans?
- What is the standard range of return for EB-5 investors in a project where the EB-5 capital is structured as preferred equity?
- Could EB-5 investors from South Korea face the visa backlog anytime soon?
- How should I respond to the questions regarding immigrant petition history on the DS-160 form if I have pending EB-5 and EB-2 petitions?
- How can my 20-year-old daughter get a green card through the EB-5 program?
- How can I invest in a real estate development project and qualify for EB-5 without working with a regional center?
- What are my options at the stage of redeployment if I do not want to invest in another project?
- How long can green card holders stay outside the U.S.?
- What should an EB-5 investor do if the regional center is terminated by USCIS at the conditional green card stage?
- How can EB-5 investors with hepatitis B enter the U.S.?
- What is the average time needed to process an I-526 petition?
- How can I enter the U.S. border with an expired conditional green card?
- What are the requirements on health insurance for EB-5 investors?
- How can an EB-5 investor study or work in the U.S. with a pending adjustment of status application?
- How should a mainland China-born EB-5 investor estimate how long they need to wait before a visa number is available?
- How can I use my F-1 OPT to work for my own EB-5 company?
- How can an India-born investor get permanent residency if his priority date is current in Chart B but not in Chart A of the visa bulletin?
- What happens to my EB-5 case if I file before Nov. 21 but don’t get a receipt by then?
- How can an EB-5 investor whose EB-5 investment has failed stay in the U.S. with a valid conditional green card?
- How can my wife travel outside the U.S. with a pending I-539 application and a pending EB-5-based I-485 application?
- What is the minimum age for a minor to file an EB-5 petition?
- How can an EB-5 investor attract other investors with his direct EB-5 business?
- What happens to the ages of dependent children during EB-5 visa administrative processing?
- What should an EB-5 investor do if his passport expires before a DS-260 application is submitted?
- Why does the visa bulletin say unauthorized for EB-5 regional center programs?
- What happens if I cannot file my I-485 application in time as indicated in the visa bulletin?
- How can I enter the U.S. with an H-4 visa when I have a pending EB-5 case?
- How can I work in the U.S. if I withdraw my EB-5 investment?
- Other than EB-5, what options do mainland China-born investors have to get green cards?
- How can I use intangible assets for my EB-5 investment?
- How could working under CPT affect my I-526 application?
- How can I add my spouse as a joint petitioner in our EB-5 application?
- What are the requirements of health insurance on EB-5 visa applicants?
- How can chart B in the visa bulletin prevent dependents from aging out for their EB-5 visas?
- What should we do if my dependent child ages out due to the backlog for Indian investors?
- How can I use money in my 401(K) account to apply for EB-5?
- How should I start my EB-5 application if I have a pending EB-2 case with a priority date in 2010?
- How long do we need to wait if we receive a 221(g) notice during our EB-5 visa interview?
- How can I transfer the EB-5 investment capital from the bank account in my home country to the U.S.?
- When can I submit an EB-5 application in the U.S. if I enter the border as a tourist?
- How can I use borrowed money from a friend for my EB-5 investment?
- How can I travel internationally if I just file my EB-5 I-485 application?
- How can I use foreign income and assets to support an I-864 application?
- How can I use my F-1 OPT EAD to work when I have a green card?
- How can I run an EB-5 business with a TD visa?
- How can I sell a business to a potential EB-5 investor?
- What is the timeline for setting up an EB-5 business and creating jobs?
- What legal recourses do I have to secure the return of my EB-5 investment?
- How can I file an EB-3-based I-485 when I am on an EB-5-based conditional green card?
- How can the approved I-829 of an EB-5 principal applicant accelerate the processing of the I-829s of dependents?
- How can we require to expedite the processing of EB-5 visas?
- How can I register a business in the U.S. with a pending EB-5 application?
- How does USCIS count job creation for an EB-5 application?
- When can I travel internationally after my I-131 biometrics appointment?
- How can I structure an EB-5 direct investment business at two different locations?
- What are the requirements on the business performance and maintenance of jobs for a direct EB-5 business during the I-829 stage?
- How can I travel outside the U.S. and return for my I-131 biometrics appointment?
- How can I make my investment accumulate and qualify for EB-5?
- Under what circumstances is an I-134 necessary for a visitor visa holder?
- How are permanent residents and citizens taxed in the U.S.?
- How can my wife travel with a pending I-485 and an I-551 from a pending I-829?
- What is the timeline for an EB-5 application?
- What kind of investment can I make with a tourist visa?
- How can I apply for an F-1 visa if I have filed an I-526 application?
- How can I change my levels of study as an international student with an EB-5 application?
- When do I need to start fulfilling tax obligations as an EB-5 investor?
- What is the estimated processing time for I-526 applications?
Verified EB-5 Investors
EB5 Investors Magazine and EB5investors.com Articles
What to expect from USCIS when it comes to minor EB-5 applicants, third party money exchangers, prior filing inconsistencies, bridge financing and material change. ...
When investors should and should not use a lawsuit to speed up a decision of a green card ...
With hundreds of EB-5 projects in the market to choose from and with permanent residency in the U.S. on the line, selecting the right regional center and EB-5 project to invest in can be an important, yet often intimidating, task....
For several months, the possibility of retrogression has weighed heavily on the minds of Chinese investors. Bernard Wolfsdorf explains the backlog, the likelihood of retrogression, and key considerations to keep in mind when working with clients with child derivatives. ...