EB-5 stakeholders are now increasingly willing to challenge USCIS denials, delays, RFEs and interpretations of EB-5 regulations in the courts. And the courts are listening....
About Bernard P Wolfsdorf
Bernard P. Wolfsdorf is an immigration attorney and a managing partner at WR Immigration (Wolfsdorf Rosenthal LLP), an immigration law firm with offices in Los Angeles, New York, Oakland, Santa Monica, San Francisco and Shanghai. Wolfsdorf has been designated as a Certified Specialist in Immigration and Nationality Law by the State Bar of California for over 25 years.
WR Immigration is known worldwide for its excellence in providing value and top-quality global immigration representation.
Chambers USA – California rated only three firms as Tier 1, including WR Immigration. He has been consistently rated as “AV Preeminent” by Martindale-Hubbell and was selected as the “2018 Lawyer of the Year for Los Angeles” by U.S. News & World Report/Best Lawyers in America. Wolfsdorf serves on the American Immigration Lawyers Association's EB-5 committee and he is a past national president of AILA, where he was awarded its Service Excellence Award for his voluntary contributions. EB5 Investors Magazine has named him in its Top 25 immigration lawyers for the past 5 years.
He is a frequent speaker and author on EB-5 topics. The firm is known for providing innovative solutions to complex issues for its clients and handles a broad range of global mobility cases. WR Immigration has developed the most advanced Immigrant Management System available – WRapid - that has transformed the practice of immigration law. Chambers USA describes him as “[o]ne of the hardest-working immigration lawyers around.”
Answers to EB-5 2546 Questions Answered
- What are my visa options for United States while waiting for EB-5 to be reauthorized?
- How can I use EB-5 in connection with an MBE Certification?
- How can I as an Indian national solve this issue that I can only transfer $250,000 a year from India for my EB-5 application?
- What happens now since I and my wife did not file the I-829 together for EB-5?
- What is the I-526 RFE response time for EB-5?
- What will happen to my EB-5 I-829 acceptance if the EB-5 regional center program dies?
- What happens with the job creation criteria for a direct EB-5 project if the company has locations both in a TEA and outside?
- Can I move the headquarter of my business to the US and make it count as my direct EB-5 investment?
- How do I get started with direct EB-5 investing?
- How can I keep working as an EB-5 investor if my I-829 is rejected before I can get an EAD?
- How can I redeploy or get the rest of my EB-5 investment back if the project fails?
- What can I do if I sent my EB-5 application to the wrong lockbox location?
- Is it risky to travel overseas for an EB-5 investor before our NTA date?
- How will Biden''s waived immigration application fees for Afghans impact my EB-5 application?
- How can I as an EB-5 investor get my F-1 status extended while my I-485 is pending?
- How can I renew my immigration visa when the EB-5 regional center program is not reauthorized?
- What are my EB-5 options after my I-829 was denied after pending for years?
- Is EB-5 provisions present in Biden''s proposed Build Back Better Act?
- Is USCIS actually processing any combo cards for EB-5 investors?
- Since my EB-5 project failed, how can my husband come back to the US?
- When can we expect the EB-5 regional center stream to be reauthorized?
- Will my I-485 approval for EB-5 be impacted if my spouse leaves the US without a visa?
- How can I stay in the US and continue to receive I-551 stamps when my I-829 was denied because of fraud?
- How can I change my H1b visa to a direct investment EB-5?
- How do I demonstrate that my EB-5 funds are from a lawful source?
- My I-829 18-month-extension is expiring while I am outside of the US for over 6 months. Can I still re-enter the country to get an extension?
- What does it mean for me as an EB-5 investor that the DOJ has removed the case quota for immigration judges?
- How can I make my EB-5 investment in an existing company?
- How can I prove that the area where I plan on investing falls in a TEA if I cannot get a TEA letter?
- How should I get my name change to USCIS during a pending I-829 EB-5 petition?
- With a pending I-829, can I receive part of my capital back without redeploying or will I get an RFE?
- How can we prevent our children aging out while waiting for our EB-5 visa interview?
- How can we submit an additional 290b if my I-829 was denied for EB-5?
- When should I apply for EB-5 if I am currently in the US on an E-2?
- Can I borrow funds from my dad for my direct EB-5 investment?
- Is there any way to expedite I-829 petitions for EB-5?
- Do investments made before my EB-5 application count?
- Why is my approved I-526 petition taking more than 10 months to transfer from USCIS to NVC?
- Can USCIS deny all regional center I-485 if there is no new legislation on RC EB-5 by the end of 2021?
- How can I do EB-5 direct investment by setting up my own business?
- How can I expedite my consular processing for my EB-5 petition?
- How can we seek to acquire for EB-5 without any invoice or case number generated by NVC?
- How many EB-5 direct cases are you seeing and is that a viable option right now?
- How should I file my I-765, through STEM OPT extension or through AOS that is pending?
- How can I travel outside the country on advance parole with an expired passport?
- What are the current investment thresholds for EB-5 direct investment?
- Will the age of our dependent child be protected due to delays from USCIS and NVC?
- With an approved I-526 in January 2021, what can I do to get my EB-5 approved when the program is not reauthorized?
- Since my EB-5 project has financial issues, how can I change my conditional green card to a B visa?
- How can I renew my combo card while the EB-5 regional center program is on hold?
- What is my tax obligation as a non resident alien while waiting for EB-5 approval?
- How can we make our business an EB-5 investment?
- Since I divorced before my I-829 approval, can I get married and sponsor my new partner for EB-5 instead?
- With an RFE on my I-526 petition, what is the best process for EB-5 approval?
- How should I respond to the questions regarding my immigrant petition history on the DS-160 form if I have pending EB-5 petition?
- How can I get EB-5 and L-1A with the same enterprise?
- How can I withdraw my EB-5 investment and get money back?
- How can I change the EB-5 interview location to my home country after I submitted DS-260?
- Are permanent residents from EB-5 protected by US law and government in a foreign country?
- How can I determine a TEA location for my EB-5 direct investment?
- Could USCIS make a good faith EB-5 investor decision even if fraud occurred in the regional center?
- How can we stay in the country while we appeal our EB-5 case to a federal immigration court?
- How do I get the extension from 18 months to 24 months for my I-797 for EB-5?
- Is it worth filing a mandamus in our EB-5 case to prevent our child from aging out?
- How are direct EB-5 I-526 petitions from India being processed?
- How do I as a hospitality company find EB-5 direct investors?
- What is the timeframe for a UK retiree to get the EB-5 visa these days?
- How long is the RFE processing times for EB-5?
- What is the direct EB-5 job creation timeline?
- How can I as a developer secure an EB-5 investor?
- How should EB-5 applicants answer questions about immigration petition filing on the DS-160 form for their H1b visa stamping?
- How can I remain in the US while my change of status is pending during the EB-5 RC program lapse?
- When will we know if the EB-5 investment amounts will increase again?
- How can I use an unsecured loan for my EB-5 visa investment?
- How can I travel outside of the US with a passport stamp for EB-5 but without an actual green card?
- With a pending I-829, what happens if the EB-5 project I redeployed my funds into is failing?
- How exactly is the EB-5 aging out process calculated according to CSPA?
- How can I apply for an EB-5 visa while my F2B application is pending?
- What will happen with the EB-5 investment amounts now after USCIS appealed the Behring Regional Center lawsuit ruling?
- When do I need to show proof of Covid vaccination when applying for an EB-5 visa?
- How can I add my spouse and change to consular processing for my direct EB-5 application?
- When will the U.S. open their consulates in China again for EB-5 processing?
- What happens with my status since my I-829 receipt expires soon and I am unable to schedule an info pass appointment?
- How can I use cryptocurrency for my EB-5 visa investment?
- How can I obtain an EB-5 green card funded with a loan?
- If I start a business as a sole proprietor for my direct Eb-5 investment, can I bring my family and relatives with me?
- How can we escrow the EB-5 investment after the I-526 approval?
- How likely is it that the EB-5 regional center program will be reauthorized by the end of 2021?
- Can I as an Afghan investor get priority for EB-5 due to the circumstances in my country?
- My E2 status expires in one month and my I-485 application and combo card has been pending for 14 months. Are they still processing combo cards?
- How can I apply for a student visa and an EB-5 visa at the same time?
- How can I start a business while I am on a conditional green card for EB-5?
- What is happening with my pending I-526 form through an EB-5 Regional Center?
- What happens if I file my EB-5 petition with the $500K amount and then the amount increases before my I-526 petition is adjudicated?
- How can I apply to be naturalized based on my marriage while having a pending I-829 for EB-5?
- What happens with my I-829 petition if the EB-5 regional center program dies?
- How does tax on EB-5 investments work prior to the investor getting a conditional green card?
- What happens if my I-485 for my EB-5 visa is rejected while I am on an F-1 visa?
- How can I travel on an F-1 visa while my I-5 visa is temporarily refused?
- How can I file my I-526 petition before I invest the total $1 million direct EB-5 investment?
Verified EB-5 Investors
EB5 Investors Magazine and EB5investors.com Articles
Recent statistics from USCIS shows a more positive reality for those stuck in the EB-5 backlog and offers help for EB-5 investors with long visa wait times. ...
The COVID-19 pandemic has directly impacted the issuance of immigrant visas and the waiting line, including the movement of final action dates. These dates are green card applicants’ place in the waiting line....
The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has published a final rule that makes a number of significant changes to its EB-5 Immigrant Investor Program. The final rule will become effective on Nov. 21, 2019. ...
What to expect from USCIS when it comes to minor EB-5 applicants, third party money exchangers, prior filing inconsistencies, bridge financing and material change. ...
When investors should and should not use a lawsuit to speed up a decision of a green card ...
With hundreds of EB-5 projects in the market to choose from and with permanent residency in the U.S. on the line, selecting the right regional center and EB-5 project to invest in can be an important, yet often intimidating, task....
For several months, the possibility of retrogression has weighed heavily on the minds of Chinese investors. Bernard Wolfsdorf explains the backlog, the likelihood of retrogression, and key considerations to keep in mind when working with clients with child derivatives. ...