The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has published a final rule that makes a number of significant changes to its EB-5 Immigrant Investor Program. The final rule will become effective on Nov. 21, 2019. ...
About Bernard P Wolfsdorf
Bernard P. Wolfsdorf is an immigration attorney and a managing partner at Wolfsdorf Rosenthal LLP (WR Global Immigration) an immigration law firm with offices in Los Angeles, New York, Oakland, Santa Monica, San Francisco and Shanghai. Wolfsdorf has been designated as a Certified Specialist in Immigration and Nationality Law by the State Bar of California for over 25 years.
WR Global Immigration is known worldwide for its excellence in providing value and top-quality global immigration representation.
Chambers USA – California rated only three firms as Tier 1, including WR Global Immigration. He has been consistently rated as “AV Preeminent” by Martindale-Hubbell and was selected as the “2018 Lawyer of the Year for Los Angeles” by U.S. News & World Report/Best Lawyers in America. Wolfsdorf serves on the American Immigration Lawyers Association's EB-5 committee and he is a past national president of AILA, where he was awarded its Service Excellence Award for his voluntary contributions. EB5 Investors Magazine has named him in its Top 25 immigration lawyers for the past 5 years.
He is a frequent speaker and author on EB-5 topics. The firm is known for providing innovative solutions to complex issues for its clients and handles a broad range of global mobility cases. WR Global has developed the most advanced Immigrant Management System available – WRapid - that has transformed the practice of immigration law. Chambers USA describes him as “[o]ne of the hardest-working immigration lawyers around.”
Answers to EB-5 1957 Questions Answered
- Do I have to change information on DS-260 and police clearance certificate if I renew my passport?
- What happens if my priority date becomes current but my I-526 is still pending?
- How can I correct information in my DS-260 form?
- What are the physical presence requirements for EB-5 investors who want to apply for naturalization?
- How can the new processing policy of I-526 accelerate the adjudication of my case?
- Does a divorce at the I-829 stage impact the green card of an EB-5 dependent?
- Will I be able to get the administration fee back if the regional center project fails?
- Does a dependent child lose his green card when he turns 21?
- How can I refile an I-485 application?
- How can I travel overseas with an EAD/AP card?
- Will I lose my eligibility as an EB-5 dependent if I get married?
- Will my wife get a green card if I file an EB-5 application before we get married?
- How can I participate in the EB-5 program with an existing business?
- Should I file an I-485 if my status in the U.S. will expire soon?
- What should I do if USCIS denies my re-entry permit application?
- Is India out of the EB-5 retrogression?
- What is the minimum development size for an acceptable EB-5 real estate project?
- How can I travel with an H-1b visa and a pending advance parole application?
- Is it advisable to apply for EB-5 if my children are U.S. citizens who are 15?
- Why is my I-526 case taking much longer to be processed than cases with the same project?
- Do I need to file U.S. taxes if I obtain a Schedule K-1 form from my regional center?
- How can I enter the U.S. after an extended stay outside the country due to medical conditions?
- How can I apply for EB-5 with a pending F-1 status reinstatement request?
- How can I file a marriage-based I-485 petition with a pending I-829 petition?
- With the new policy of I-526 processing, will USCIS prioritize cases of petitioners from backlogged countries if their priority dates are current?
- How can a pending EB-5 application impact my current F-1 status?
- With the new I-526 processing policy, will I get my petition approved faster?
- How can a previous stay in the U.S. help me get a waiver for the travel ban?
- How can I use cross-chargeability to save my EB-5 case with a bankrupt project?
- How should EB-5 investors submit I-829 applications if the principal applicant and the dependent have different expiration dates on their green cards
- With the new travel restriction, what happens to EB-5 investors from Nigeria?
- How can I request to change the receipt date of my I-526?
- How long does it take a Vietnamese EB-5 investor to get a green card?
- With the new changes to I-526 processing, how can investors who could use cross-chargeability get green cards?
- Why does a newborn of an EB-5 visa holder get a 10-year green card while the parents get conditional green cards?
- Do I-829 applicants need to report a change of address to USCIS?
- How could the changes in I-526 adjudication process impact investors from backlogged countries?
- How can a former deportee apply for EB-5?
- How can the public charge immigration rules impact EB-5 investors?
- Does USCIS require interviews with EB-5 investors who adjust the status in the U.S.?
- Is the filing of I-829 based on the date of I-485 submission or the date when the conditional green card is issued?
- Is EB-5 something still worth considering for Chinese investors?
- How can small businesses attract EB-5 investors?
- Do I have to find a local immigration attorney for my EB-5 case?
- Should I apply for EB-5 since USCIS is not going to extend E-2 visas for Iranians?
- Are there any differences in the physical presence requirements for the principal applicants and for dependents in an EB-5 case?
- When do I get a conditional green card if my EB-5 priority date becomes current in Chart B but not in Chart A in the visa bulletin?
- How long does it take an Indian investor to get an EAD card through the EB-5 program?
- When can I get an EB-5 visa interview after my priority date becomes current?
- Is there a way to check the processing progress of I-526 applications?
- How can investors use interchargeability at the I-526 stage?
- What does TRO mean in the EB-5 space?
- Should I apply for OPT if I already have an I-485-based EAD card?
- What is the approximate EB-5 processing time for investors from India?
- What is the common scope of services for an EB-5 immigration attorney?
- How can I apply for I-485 before my parents get EB-5 visas?
- What are the restrictions on medical conditions for potential immigrants?
- How long in advance can an EB-5 investor apply to extend his status with a pending I-829?
- What is the progress of the S.386 bill?
- How does USCIS calculate the extended stay outside the U.S. for green card holders?
- What happens to the investors at the I-829 stage after their project goes bankrupt?
- How can I use an EB-5 visa to travel abroad and reenter the U.S.?
- What could happen to my conditional green card if the EB-5 project fails?
- How can I study in the U.S. with a pending I-485 case?
- How many reentry permits can a green card holder get?
- How can an international student use a lottery prize for EB-5?
- How can I apply for an F-1 visa with an approved I-526?
- How can I apply for citizenship while my I-829 has been pending for over five years?
- Why is my I-485 case not assigned for processing after submission for several months?
- Do EB-5 dependents have to take the visa interview together with the principal applicants?
- How long does I-526 approval take for a direct investment?
- What is the processing time for an I-290b Motion to Reopen a denied I-829?
- How can I establish a special investment vehicle to attract EB-5 investors?
- How can I return to the U.S. with an advance parole card while I have an H-1b visa application under administrative processing?
- What are my options when the priority date is overdue?
- How long does it take now to process an expedited EB-5 case?
- What documents do we need to provide if my parents gift me money for my EB-5 application?
- Can I renew my passport if I already have my EB-5 visa interview scheduled?
- What is a common ROI for an EB-5 investment?
- How can EB-5 investors allocate their capital in a direct investment?
- How can I accompany my minor child in the U.S. who has an F-1 visa if I have an approved I-526 application?
- How can I transfer assets of a foreign company to the U.S. for my EB-5 application?
- Under what circumstance would a criminal record impact an EB-5 case?
- What should I do about the inaccuracy of information in my DS-260 form?
- What should I do if my regional center gets terminated when my I-829 is pending?
- Do I have to go through consular processing if I am abroad when my EB-5 case gets approved?
- How can my company participate in the EB-5 program?
- How should I report the return of investment capital for tax purposes if I withdraw my EB-5 application?
- Do I still need an H-1b visa to stay in the U.S. if I have an approved I-526?
- How can I get information about the progress of my EB-5 case?
- How could a divorce impact the EB-5 investors who used cross chargeability to avoid the backlog?
- How can I travel abroad before a green card is issued?
- How can I use an established business for EB-5?
- Where can I find a list of qualified regional centers with projects located in a TEA under the new rules?
- How could applying for Medicaid impact my pending I-829 application?
- In a redeployment scenario, do investors have to meet the new investment requirements of EB-5?
- How can I take investment from potential EB-5 investors?
- When could an EB-5 investor receive an advance parole card after submitting an I-485 application?
- Should an Italian investor apply for an E-2 visa first while his EB-5 application is pending?
- Under what circumstances is it necessary for a dependent applicant of I-526 to file an I-824 application?
Verified EB-5 Investors
EB5 Investors Magazine and EB5investors.com Articles
What to expect from USCIS when it comes to minor EB-5 applicants, third party money exchangers, prior filing inconsistencies, bridge financing and material change. ...
When investors should and should not use a lawsuit to speed up a decision of a green card ...
With hundreds of EB-5 projects in the market to choose from and with permanent residency in the U.S. on the line, selecting the right regional center and EB-5 project to invest in can be an important, yet often intimidating, task....
For several months, the possibility of retrogression has weighed heavily on the minds of Chinese investors. Bernard Wolfsdorf explains the backlog, the likelihood of retrogression, and key considerations to keep in mind when working with clients with child derivatives. ...