What to expect from USCIS when it comes to minor EB-5 applicants, third party money exchangers, prior filing inconsistencies, bridge financing and material change. ...
About Bernard P Wolfsdorf
Bernard P. Wolfsdorf is an EB-5 immigration attorney and a managing partner at Wolfsdorf Immigration Law Group, an immigration law firm based in Santa Monica, Calif. with an office in New York City. Attorney Wolfsdorf has been designated as a certified Specialist in Immigration and Nationality Law for the State Bar of California for over 20 years.
Wolfsdorf Immigration Law Group employs 18 lawyers and almost 50 professionals, and is known worldwide for its excellence in providing value and top-quality global immigration representation.
Attorney Wolfsdorf is one of three California attorneys to be selected by Chambers USA as a “Star Individual,” and he was also rated in the top tier of Chambers Global World’s Leading Lawyers for Business. He has been consistently rated as “AV Preeminent” by Martindale-Hubbell and was selected as the “2012 Lawyer of the Year for Los Angeles” by U.S. News’ Best Lawyers in America. He has also been recognized as the best immigration attorney in the world by the International Bar Association, the American Bar Association research partner, and Who’s Who Legal from 2010 until 2012. Attorney Wolfsdorf earned these distinctions by receiving the most votes from more than 500 of the top immigration attorneys.
Attorney Wolfsdorf presently serves on the American Immigration Lawyers Association's EB-5 committee and is a past president of AILA.
Answers to EB-5 1319 Questions Answered
- How can I repurpose my Canadian investment toward an EB-5 investment?
- How many individuals can be in one petition for EB-5?
- How can I fix my supplemental petition to add my wife?
- What happens if my child ages out before my EB-5 application gets approved?
- How can I leave the country without an I-131?
- Is there a faster way to obtain a green card?
- Are pardons available to help EB-5 applicants who overstayed an earlier visa?
- Can U.S. tourist visas affect approval or processing of an I-526 petition?
- How can I avoid source of funds issues on a real estate transaction in India?
- What kind of limitations exist on direct investments for EB-5?
- Can certain adults be considered a dependent on EB-5 applications?
- How can I receive funding from investors to start EB-5 processing?
- Can we count existing jobs in a direct EB-5 investment?
- Can a student visa holder apply for EB-5 once in the U.S.?
- Can the gifter of EB-5 funds use a personal loan?
- Can a U.S. citizen help with an EB-5 investment?
- How can asylum applicants apply for EB-5 visas?
- Does USCIS place restrictions on the location of new job creation?
- Can you file for DS-260 if an I-526 was approved while on F-1 status?
- How can I manage my direct EB-5 business if I am on an H-1B visa?
- Can I provide source of funds documentation without any tax returns?
- How can we proceed with our direct EB-5 investment?
- Under what circumstances should I renew my passport for an EB-5 visa interview?
- How can my money be considered "at risk" during the I-829 process?
- How can an EB-5 enterprise sponsor H-1B visas?
- How can I add my spouse and son to the EB-5 application at the I-829 stage?
- How long does it take for USCIS to process the EB-5 I-485 application?
- How does a non-immigrant visa refusal affect my I-526 petition?
- What kind of questions are asked during an I-485 interview?
- What should I do if I want to select another consulate for the EB-5 visa interview?
- How can multiple EB-5 investors invest in one business and get EB-5 visas?
- How often can I travel on a pending I-485 and approved I-131?
- What sources of funds are acceptable for EB-5?
- How likely is it that I will be called for an interview during the EB-5 adjustment of status application?
- How can I use gifted money obtained as a mortgage loan to apply for EB-5?
- How can I invest directly in an EB-5 project without going through a regional center?
- What is the physical presence requirement for EB-5 investors with conditional permanent green cards?
- Who can be included in my EB-5 application as my dependent children?
- How would my EB-5 case be impacted if I overstay my F-1 visa?
- How can I use my previous business to qualify for EB-5?
- What should EB-5 investors do if they lose their conditional green card?
- What is the deadline for the current investment threshold?
- What are the requirements of switching my immigration attorney in EB-5?
- How can I use a loan secured by the property of my father to invest in EB-5?
- What is a reasonable time interval between receiving gifted capitals and making an investment for EB-5?
- What are the health insurance requirements for EB-5 investors?
- How can we request biometric appointments for EB-5 dependents?
- Under what circumstances should the EB-5 capital be reinvested at the I-829 stage?
- How can I prove source of funds for EB-5 from dividends I have cashed out?
- What kinds of investment activities qualify for EB-5?
- How can an EB-5 business have employees at multiple locations?
- What is the impact on my E-2 visa renewal if my I-526 is not approved?
- How can I use loans secured by a U.S. property to fund EB-5?
- How could expedited processing benefit my EB-5 application?
- How can I return to the U.S. with a B-2 visa if I do not receive my advance parole?
- What should be expected during in-person interviews for EB-5 adjustment of status applications?
- What does a conditional green card mean for FIRPTA?
- How could building a holding company qualify for EB-5?
- What kind of documentation is needed for a statement of assets for the EB-5 visa?
- How can I run my own EB-5 business on an H-1B visa?
- How can I stay in the U.S. if my current status expires but I have yet to submit an I-485?
- How can I apply for an E-2 visa and stay in the U.S. with a pending EB-5 case?
- How could overstaying my visa impact my eligibility of applying for EB-5?
- How can I use a previous investment to apply for EB-5?
- How can I apply for EB-5 with a pending asylum case?
- What is the timeline for starting a medical practice to qualify for EB-5?
- How can I re-enter the country if my I-551 stamp expires?
- How can I prove the source of funds for EB-5?
- How can the father of my children join us for an EB-5 application?
- What should I do if I cannot make an Infopass appointment with USCIS for a visa stamp?
- How can I apply for EB-5 if I overstayed my visa in another country?
- What documents do I need to provide for EB-5 source of funds?
- How long does it take to receive a biometrics appointment notice after filing I-131?
- How can I use income from the U.S. to apply for EB-5?
- What stage of development should a startup be at to take in EB-5 investment?
- What should I do if the regional center does not refund my investment after an I-526 denial?
- How can the 10 required jobs be created at different locations and qualify for EB-5?
- How can I apply for EB-5 with a pending adjustment of status application?
- What options do I have if my EB-5 case gets denied due to the travel ban?
- How can I apply for EB-5 while on a J-1 waiver?
- How are jobs allocated to investors in an EB-5 project?
- How can I apply for an I-131 re-entry permit outside the U.S.?
- How can I work legally with an I-485 EAD and a pending OPT EAD?
- Should I chose an adjustment of status or immigration visa?
- How can I abandon my F-1 status if I have a pending I-485?
- What is the process for the spouse of an EB-5 investor to get a green card?
- If my regional center closes, how could I still get a conditional green card?
- What is the processing timeline for expedited I-526?
- What does “case currently not assigned to process" mean?
- How do EB-5 dependents answer questions about immigration petition filing on the DS-160 form?
- When do EB-5 investors need to file Form I-864?
- How can EB-5 investors receive their investment return earlier?
- How can I work for the EB-5 business I invested in?
- How can we change the name of a regional center?
- How long does it take to transfer from E-2 to EB-5?
- What is the current processing time for I-526?
- What should I do if my EB-5 project gets investigated by the SEC?
- What impact could HR-392 have on EB-5?
- How do I travel overseas during the DS-260 processing?
- What are the implications for my business if I take EB-5 investment money?
Verified EB-5 Investors
EB5 Investors Magazine and EB5investors.com Articles
When investors should and should not use a lawsuit to speed up a decision of a green card ...
With hundreds of EB-5 projects in the market to choose from and with permanent residency in the U.S. on the line, selecting the right regional center and EB-5 project to invest in can be an important, yet often intimidating, task....
For several months, the possibility of retrogression has weighed heavily on the minds of Chinese investors. Bernard Wolfsdorf explains the backlog, the likelihood of retrogression, and key considerations to keep in mind when working with clients with child derivatives. ...