What to expect from USCIS when it comes to minor EB-5 applicants, third party money exchangers, prior filing inconsistencies, bridge financing and material change. ...
About Bernard P Wolfsdorf
Bernard P. Wolfsdorf is an EB-5 immigration attorney and a managing partner at Wolfsdorf Immigration Law Group, an immigration law firm based in Santa Monica, Calif. with an office in New York City. Attorney Wolfsdorf has been designated as a certified Specialist in Immigration and Nationality Law for the State Bar of California for over 20 years.
Wolfsdorf Immigration Law Group employs 18 lawyers and almost 50 professionals, and is known worldwide for its excellence in providing value and top-quality global immigration representation.
Attorney Wolfsdorf is one of three California attorneys to be selected by Chambers USA as a “Star Individual,” and he was also rated in the top tier of Chambers Global World’s Leading Lawyers for Business. He has been consistently rated as “AV Preeminent” by Martindale-Hubbell and was selected as the “2012 Lawyer of the Year for Los Angeles” by U.S. News’ Best Lawyers in America. He has also been recognized as the best immigration attorney in the world by the International Bar Association, the American Bar Association research partner, and Who’s Who Legal from 2010 until 2012. Attorney Wolfsdorf earned these distinctions by receiving the most votes from more than 500 of the top immigration attorneys.
Attorney Wolfsdorf presently serves on the American Immigration Lawyers Association's EB-5 committee and is a past president of AILA.
Answers to EB-5 1385 Questions Answered
- How can I use EB-5 investment to expand my licensed cannabis business?
- How can an H-4 visa holder work with a pending I-485?
- How can I sell my business to an EB-5 investor?
- Should I transfer to I-485 EAD when I hold a valid H-1B visa?
- How can I use money generated from an E-2 business to apply for EB-5?
- What should a business owner be responsible for when using EB-5 funds?
- How can I apply for EB-5 if I am not eligible for the DACA program?
- How much travel flexibility does an EB-5 investor have with a I-551 stamp?
- How can EB-5 dependents enter the U.S. alone after the principal applicants?
- How can EB-5 dependents get visa interviews separately?
- How long is my I-526 approval valid?
- What questions might be asked during an EB-5 visa consular interview in Mumbai?
- How are the ages of dependent children calculated after the approval of I-526?
- How can an EB-5 dependent enter the U.S. with an EB-5 visa before the principal applicant?
- Can I request my EB-5 case to be adjudicated again if the travel ban is revoked under a new administration?
- How could the new rules of inadmissibility on public charge grounds impact our I-829 case?
- How can EB-5 investors invest in a not-for-profit business?
- How can EB-5 investors use jobs created before their investment toward their permanent residency?
- When could the EB-5 visa backlog start to impact Indian nationals?
- How long does it take to get my passport back after the EB-5 visa interview?
- What is a good strategy for a pooled EB-5 direct investment project to allocate jobs to investors?
- What is needed for an EB-5 enterprise to sponsor an employment-based green card?
- How can I use part of an E-2 business to apply for EB-5?
- What happens to my EB-5 case if the JCE is acquired by another company before I get my conditional green card?
- How long does it take the U.S. Department of State to issue a waiver for EB-5 investors from the countries that are subject to the travel ban?
- How can I invest the required EB-5 capital through installments?
- When should an EB-2 visa holder apply for EB-5?
- How long can I stay in the U.S. after an OPT extension rejection without impacting my EB-5 application?
- How could the EB-5 backlog lawsuit help China-born investors?
- How can I verify if an EB-5 project qualifies for expedited processing?
- Under the current administration, should I choose EB-5 consulate interview or adjustment of status?
- How can I apply to extend the deadline for job creation during the I-829 stage?
- How can I receive dividends and maintain compliance with EB-5?
- Should I avoid a regional center project with a waiver of jury trial in its subscription agreement?
- How can I return to non-immigrant status if my I-485 application gets rejected?
- What is the approximate I-485 processing times for India-born EB-5 applicants?
- How can I expedite the delivery of my green card?
- Why does my EB-5 case status not update online?
- How can I use a past investment to apply for an EB-5 visa?
- Is it still possible for a Vietnamese 17-year-old dependent to get a green card through EB-5 now?
- What requirements do I have to meet if I want to apply for an advance parole?
- How can my uncle gift me EB-5 money from a loan secured by a property co-owned by him and his girlfriend?
- How could the shutdown of a school impact our EB-5 process?
- How can I work with an expired green card before receiving the I-829 receipt notice?
- How can I get my re-entry permit if I have to leave the country after biometrics are taken?
- Can an EB-5 investor help buy a business?
- What are my options if my I-526 case processing is severely delayed?
- How can we change the option from EB-5 consulate interview to adjustment of status?
- How can I run an EB-5 direct investment business under the parent-subsidiary company model?
- What kind of visa can I apply for to work for my relative who holds an EB-5 visa?
- How can I remove the condition on my EB-5 conditional green card through I-751 with a pending I-829?
- What should we do if our EB-5 I-485 RFE notice get lost in mail?
- How can minors submit an EB-5 application?
- How can I move my Brazilian company to the U.S. and qualify as a direct EB-5 investment?
- How should investors negotiate redeployment if no clauses regarding this is mentioned in the private placement memorandum?
- If I lose my conditional green card and have a child over the age of 18, would the child still he able to get an unconditional green card?
- What will the total waiting period be for Indian investors in case of a backlog?
- How can I achieve my EB-5 direct investment?
- Does filing an I-526 petition change the tax status of an F-1 student?
- How can EB-5 investor get his investment back at the I-829 stage?
- Will a tourist visa affect my pending EB-5 application?
- How can I change from an EB-5 to EB-3 visa?
- Can I use domestic money to fund EB-5?
- How can I make my EB-5 application costs benefit me at tax time?
- How does the U.S. change on public charge affect my EB-5 application?
- How can credit cards be used toward EB-5 as a legitimate source of funding?
- How can I repurpose my Canadian investment toward an EB-5 investment?
- How many individuals can be in one petition for EB-5?
- How can I fix my supplemental petition to add my wife?
- What happens if my child ages out before my EB-5 application gets approved?
- How can I leave the country without an I-131?
- Is there a faster way to obtain a green card?
- Are pardons available to help EB-5 applicants who overstayed an earlier visa?
- How can I avoid source of funds issues on a real estate transaction in India?
- Can U.S. tourist visas affect approval or processing of an I-526 petition?
- What kind of limitations exist on direct investments for EB-5?
- Can certain adults be considered a dependent on EB-5 applications?
- How can I receive funding from investors to start EB-5 processing?
- Can we count existing jobs in a direct EB-5 investment?
- Can a student visa holder apply for EB-5 once in the U.S.?
- Can the gifter of EB-5 funds use a personal loan?
- Can a U.S. citizen help with an EB-5 investment?
- How can asylum applicants apply for EB-5 visas?
- Does USCIS place restrictions on the location of new job creation?
- Can you file for DS-260 if an I-526 was approved while on F-1 status?
- How can I manage my direct EB-5 business if I am on an H-1B visa?
- Can I provide source of funds documentation without any tax returns?
- How can we proceed with our direct EB-5 investment?
- Under what circumstances should I renew my passport for an EB-5 visa interview?
- How can my money be considered "at risk" during the I-829 process?
- How can an EB-5 enterprise sponsor H-1B visas?
- How can I add my spouse and son to the EB-5 application at the I-829 stage?
- How long does it take for USCIS to process the EB-5 I-485 application?
- How does a non-immigrant visa refusal affect my I-526 petition?
- What kind of questions are asked during an I-485 interview?
- What should I do if I want to select another consulate for the EB-5 visa interview?
- How can multiple EB-5 investors invest in one business and get EB-5 visas?
- How often can I travel on a pending I-485 and approved I-131?
- What sources of funds are acceptable for EB-5?
- How likely is it that I will be called for an interview during the EB-5 adjustment of status application?
Verified EB-5 Investors
EB5 Investors Magazine and EB5investors.com Articles
When investors should and should not use a lawsuit to speed up a decision of a green card ...
With hundreds of EB-5 projects in the market to choose from and with permanent residency in the U.S. on the line, selecting the right regional center and EB-5 project to invest in can be an important, yet often intimidating, task....
For several months, the possibility of retrogression has weighed heavily on the minds of Chinese investors. Bernard Wolfsdorf explains the backlog, the likelihood of retrogression, and key considerations to keep in mind when working with clients with child derivatives. ...