The COVID-19 pandemic has directly impacted the issuance of immigrant visas and the waiting line, including the movement of final action dates. These dates are green card applicants’ place in the waiting line....
About Bernard P Wolfsdorf
Bernard P. Wolfsdorf is an immigration attorney and a managing partner at Wolfsdorf Rosenthal LLP (WR Global Immigration) an immigration law firm with offices in Los Angeles, New York, Oakland, Santa Monica, San Francisco and Shanghai. Wolfsdorf has been designated as a Certified Specialist in Immigration and Nationality Law by the State Bar of California for over 25 years.
WR Global Immigration is known worldwide for its excellence in providing value and top-quality global immigration representation.
Chambers USA – California rated only three firms as Tier 1, including WR Global Immigration. He has been consistently rated as “AV Preeminent” by Martindale-Hubbell and was selected as the “2018 Lawyer of the Year for Los Angeles” by U.S. News & World Report/Best Lawyers in America. Wolfsdorf serves on the American Immigration Lawyers Association's EB-5 committee and he is a past national president of AILA, where he was awarded its Service Excellence Award for his voluntary contributions. EB5 Investors Magazine has named him in its Top 25 immigration lawyers for the past 5 years.
He is a frequent speaker and author on EB-5 topics. The firm is known for providing innovative solutions to complex issues for its clients and handles a broad range of global mobility cases. WR Global has developed the most advanced Immigrant Management System available – WRapid - that has transformed the practice of immigration law. Chambers USA describes him as “[o]ne of the hardest-working immigration lawyers around.”
Answers to EB-5 2233 Questions Answered
- How can I change the location of my EB-5 business in a TEA after applying for I-526?
- How do I change from consular processing to filing an I-485 after I-526 approval?
- How can I use both funds from friends and a bank loan to pay for my EB-5 investment?
- How can an EB-5 due diligence analyst help me and what is the average cost?
- What are my rights when regional center asks me to release or withdraw funds before I-526 approval?
- How can I change jobs while on H-1B with a pending I-765 and I-485?
- How can I get an EB-5 visa by investing in corporate bonds?
- What happens if a Regional Center LLC wants to change its manager?
- What options do I have if my CPR is expiring and I have not received my I-829 receipt?
- What will happen to my I-526 petition if I withdraw my funds from the regional center after job creation is met?
- How can I re-enter the U.S. with new green card if I have been away for more than one year?
- What options do we have after our EB-5 project filed for bankruptcy?
- What are the options for EB-5 fraud victims?
- Why is my I-485 adjudication still pending if India is current on the visa bulletin?
- How can I start a business in the U.S. as soon as possible?
- How should I move forward with an approved I-526 while my H1-b extension is pending?
- How do I apply for adjustment of status with an approved I-130?
- When is the best time to apply for a green card if my husband is waiting for his citizenship application to be approved?
- What are the criteria and fee for preparing documents for I-924 to recertify a regional center?
- What will happen to my EB-5 application since my country is on the travel ban list?
- How can I use a business I created while on an E-2 to apply for EB-5?
- How is expedited processing for physicians working during Covid-19 times?
- How is the I-526 processing time for Indian nationals?
- How will the unavailable final action dates in the January visa bulletin impact my EB-5 application?
- How can I update my working experience on my I-130A?
- How can I make an investment while on a tourist visa?
- How can we get a stamp in our expired passport since our I-797 expires in 2 weeks?
- How can my family members help me with my EB-5 investment?
- Can I renew my Indian passport with a pending I-765?
- How long does it take to get a biometric appointment after I have filed I-797C?
- Can I submit an I-485 when the priority date is passed but the I-130 is still pending?
- How will my Yemen nationality impact my EB-5 application if I am a dependent of my Vietnamese wife?
- What will happen if I have not received my I-829 receipt when my conditional green card expires?
- How can I avoid RFEs when I file multiple I-485 forms?
- How long does it take after USCIS approval to NVC case creation?
- How can I transfer a pending I-485 application from EB-5 to EB-2?
- How can I travel outside the U.S. as a green card holder?
- Can I open my own business without impacting my H-1b status?
- How can I rent a regional center and launch my own construction project?
- How will "H.R.1044 - Fairness for High-Skilled Immigrants Act of 2020" affect EB-5?
- How long can I delay the move to the U.S. after my I-526 is approved?
- How can I surrender my green card without impacting my dependents?
- How can I use my H-1B under cap-exempt after more than 6 years from initial approval?
- How flexible is USCIS on the income requirements for I-864?
- How can I pay my EB-5 investment in installments?
- How can I make an EB-5 investment on behalf of my sibling?
- Should I include my son in my application for citizenship?
- How long do I need to wait after my expedited EB-5 request was approved?
- Can we change a pending I-485 application from EB-2 to EB-5?
- How does it impact my immigration process when the JCE gets acquired?
- How can I apply for an SB-1 visa after being outside of the U.S. for more than a year?
- How can I find investors for my projects under Ireland Immigrant Investors Program?
- How is it possible to get a new sponsor to submit the Affidavit of Support?
- What are the tax implications for me if I have businesses both in India and the U.S.?
- How can we raise EB-5 capital as a telecommunications company?
- What should I do to fix the mistakes on the DS-260 form regarding my criminal background?
- What is the average EB-5 processing time?
- How can an EB-5 dependent apply for I-485 while the principal petitioner goes through consular processing?
- What does it mean when USCIS website says "fingerprints/biometrics is not assigned"?
- How can the new policy of I-526 processing expedite my case?
- When can I receive my I-485 receipt?
- How should I answer questions about previous immigration petitions on the DS-160 form?
- How can I adjust status based on EB-1C with an EB-5 conditional green card?
- How long does it take USCIS send the green card after I-485 biometrics?
- How can I check if the I-526 of an EB-5 project is approved?
- How can my client get her EB-5 investment back before an application is made?
- How can I file for I-485 when my I-539 is pending?
- When can I get my EB-5 investment back after redeploying it?
- How can green card holders apply for re-entry permits outside the U.S.？
- How long does it take USCIS to process an I-526 RFE response?
- What are the disclosure obligations of an EB-5 investor if he sells his business with a pending I-829?
- When will a decision be give after an I-485 interview?
- How can my divorce attorney subpoena the EB-5 investment firm my husband used for his petition?
- When does an EB-5 project usually begin making interest payments its investors?
- How can an H-1b visa holder establish a startup and file for EB-5?
- How can I apply for marriage-based green card with a pending immigration petition?
- Does it have to be the same type of project for redeployment?
- Do all applicants in an EB-5 case need separate biometrics appointment letters?
- If an EB-5 investor sells his business with a pending I-829, does he need to amend anything with USCIS?
- What happens if I cannot maintain my EB-5 business during COVID-19 while waiting for I-829 approval?
- What should I do if my I-526 is pending for three years?
- Does the validity period of an re-entry permit count towards the requirement for naturalization?
- What should I do if the visa fee payment link from NVC email does not work?
- Can we apply for visitor visas with a pending I-526 petition?
- Can we travel internationally with a pending naturalization application?
- What should we do if we put wrong information on our DS-260 form?
- What is the process of getting an I-551 stamp?
- Should I withdraw my pending I-829 if I have an approved I-130?
- How long does it take to get an biometrics appointment after filing I-131?
- Can investors who were deported apply for EB-5?
- Will my son lose his status if my green card is considered abandoned?
- What is the processing time of I-526?
- What happens to my EB-5 petition if the JCE declares bankruptcy?
- Can EB-5 investors make investment in batches?
- What happens to the conditional green card of my wife if we get married?
- Am I eligible for EB-5 if I have a criminal record?
- How long does it take to process an I-131?
- What evidence of jobs creation do I need for an I-829 filing?
- Am I eligible for EB-5 if I get the I-797 notice after I turn 21?
- Should I work on H1-B or I-485 EAD?
Verified EB-5 Investors
EB5 Investors Magazine and EB5investors.com Articles
The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has published a final rule that makes a number of significant changes to its EB-5 Immigrant Investor Program. The final rule will become effective on Nov. 21, 2019. ...
What to expect from USCIS when it comes to minor EB-5 applicants, third party money exchangers, prior filing inconsistencies, bridge financing and material change. ...
When investors should and should not use a lawsuit to speed up a decision of a green card ...
With hundreds of EB-5 projects in the market to choose from and with permanent residency in the U.S. on the line, selecting the right regional center and EB-5 project to invest in can be an important, yet often intimidating, task....
For several months, the possibility of retrogression has weighed heavily on the minds of Chinese investors. Bernard Wolfsdorf explains the backlog, the likelihood of retrogression, and key considerations to keep in mind when working with clients with child derivatives. ...