What does it mean when an EB-5 regional center has created 80% of the jobs for a project? - EB5Investors.com

What does it mean when an EB-5 regional center has created 80% of the jobs for a project?

My regional center told me that right now, 80% of the total job requirement were created for the project. But in this project, there are phase 1,2,3, and 4 of EB-5 investments. Does this mean that for all phases of investors, each created 8 out of 10 or the first 80% of investors (chronologically based on I-526) have created 10 out of 10 and the rest of 20% of investors have created 0 out of 10.

Answers

Bernard P Wolfsdorf

Bernard P Wolfsdorf

Immigration Attorneys
Answered on

It probably means the first 80% of investors (chronologically based on I-526) have created 10 out of 10 and the rest of 20% of investors have created 0 out of 10. However, you can check and ask them how the jobs are being allocated.

Lynne Feldman

Lynne Feldman

Immigration Attorneys
Answered on

That is a confusing statement. You should go back to the project and inquire what this means for your I-829 approval.

Robert V Cornish Jr

Robert V Cornish Jr

Securities Attorneys
Answered on

That representation is meaningless. It can be manipulated and distorted to suit whatever needs those making the statement may have. You should instead ask for a verified or audited statement from the RC about its past projects, how many jobs were anticipated, how many jobs were created, and more importantly how many people actually received immigration benefits. Always rely on the PPM and the materials provided to you.

Dale Schwartz

Dale Schwartz

Immigration Attorneys
Answered on

They are supposed to be allocating 10 employees to each investor by name of employee. Ask them if they did this for you.

Karen-Lee Pollak

Karen-Lee Pollak

Immigration Attorneys
Answered on

You will have to ask the regional center. In most cases, they allocated jobs chronologically, according to when your case was filed; so, assuming 10 investors for the first eight filed EB-5 applications or payment received jobs have been created and they are waiting for the jobs to be created for the last two.

Fredrick W Voigtmann

Fredrick W Voigtmann

Immigration Attorneys
Answered on

Job creation typically is allocated based upon the date of filing the I-829. Therefore, the first 80% of the investors in this project to have reached the final 90 days of the sustainment/conditional period likely have met the job creation requirement. If you are unsure, you should ask the regional center how the jobs are being allocated for I-829 purposes.

DISCLAIMER: the information found on this website is intended to be general information; it is not legal or financial advice. Specific legal or financial advice can only be given by a licensed professional with full knowledge of all the facts and circumstances of your particular situation. You should seek consultation with legal, immigration, and financial experts prior to participating in the EB-5 program. Posting a question on this website does not create an attorney-client relationship. All questions you post will be available to the public: do not include confidential information in your question.