About Dennis Tristani
Dennis Tristani is an EB-5 immigration attorney. He is the owner of Tristani Law, LLC, based in Rockville, Maryland.
Previously, Tristani was a Partner at Donoso & Partners, LLC, based in Bethesda, Maryland.
Tristani’s main focus involves filing EB-5 petitions for clients, including investors, professionals and entrepreneurs. He advises on business plan preparation, redeployment and at-risk rules, corporate structure strategy and TEA designation.
Tristani earned his Bachelor’s of Arts degree from Yale University, and his Juris Doctor degree from the American University Washington College of Law.
Tristani is a member of the American Bar Association and American Immigration Lawyers Association.
Tristani speaks English and Spanish.
Answers to EB-5 173 Questions Answered
- How can an F-1 student travel abroad about four months after filing their EB-5 application?
- How can I qualify for an EB-5 visa by partially using an unsecured loan?
- How can our EB-5 application and the F-1 renewal of my son be processed at the same time?
- How can a conditional EB-5 green card holder briefly travel to the U.S. before applying for an L-1 visa?
- How can I bring my EB-5 dependents to the U.S. as soon as possible?
- How can an EB-5 investor get an I-55 stamp well ahead of expiry date?
- What happens if an EB-5 investor misspells their name in the DS-260 form?
- What complications might an EB-5 dependent face if they have overstayed their U.S. visa?
- What is the status of my EB-5 I-485 if I have approved EAD and AP but my priority date and date of filing are not current?
- What is the risk of renewing my F-1 visa in person while my EB-5 priority date is very close?
- How does the 90-day requirement for change of status work for EB-5 investors?
- How can we apply for my future spouse to legally stay in the U.S. before my EB-5 I-485 is approved?
- What can I do to take my EB-5 money back if the developer exercises two one-year extensions?
- How can I finance my direct EB-5 investment?
- How can I use a loan from a friend as my EB-5 funds?
- How can an EB-5 investor with an EAD and AP reenter the United States without any issues?
- How long does it usually take for USCIS to send an EB-5 case to NVC after RFE approval?
- How would my EB-5 process be affected by my frequent travels outside the U.S.?
- How should I start the process of filing a writ of mandamus for unreasonable EB-5 processing times?
- How much return can I expect on my EB-5 investment?
- How can a Chinese EB-5 applicant renew their F-1 visa?
- How can I use my existing property investment for a direct EB-5 filing?
- How can I file for my EB-5 adjustment of status by myself?
- How long does it usually take for an approved EB-5 applicant to receive their travel document and work permit?
- How can an EB-5 investor prove that they were present in the U.S. at the time of application?
- How would my history of investment, business and taxes in the U.S. affect my B-2 visa status and touristic entry?
- How can I transition from my E-2 visa to direct EB-5?
- What does it mean when my I-485 case has been moved to California Service Center?
- How will an EB-5 project lawsuit impact my L-1 and I-485 approval?
- How can I get my F-1 visa renewed while my EB-5 visa is pending?
- How can I prove source of funds for my home purchase from a long time ago to use the home equity loan for EB-5?
- How can EB-5 funds be raised from a U.S. bank?
- How can I maintain my conditional green card as an EB-5 dependent while studying abroad?
- What should I do if my expired EB-5 conditional green card is stolen?
- How can I combine my EB-5 I-485 filing with EB-2?
- How can I make sure the change of address form I submitted affects my address only?
- How can I file a follow-to-join application for my spouse as an EB-5 investor whose I-526 is approved and I-485 pending?
- What happens to my EB-5 funds if I do not submit an RFE response for I-526?
- How can EB-5 investors avoid green card loss with some back and forth travels before moving to the USA?
- When should I expect to get my EB-5 funds back?
- Which EB-5 regional center payment option is more advisable?
- How can I get an EAD with a pending EB-5 application?
- Are there any legal obligations to disclose my EB-5 application to my employer?
- How can I apply for a TN visa while my EB-5 I-526 is pending?
- How do changes in the visa bulletin affect the adjudication of pending EB-5 I-485s?
- How can I use my Caribbean citizenship to apply for the EB-5 visa after renouncing my original nationality?
- How can a Canadian citizen travel internationally without jeopardizing their I-485 adjustment of status?
- Which bank account should I transfer money to while gifting EB-5 funds?
- How can my spouse be added to my EB-5 case if we got married after my I-526 approval?
- How can an EB-5 investor sponsor new dependents that were not included in the original application?
- How can I complete the EB-5 I-485 process with an expired passport?
- How can I start a business on an EB-5 EAD?
- What should an EB-5 investor do if their child might lose CSPA protection but USCIS has not sent the case to NVC?
- How can I apply for citizenship before the removal of conditions on my EB-5 green card?
- When should I file for my spouse, whom I married recently, if I have a pending EB-5 I-485?
- With a pending EB-5 I-485, a valid F-1 visa and AP, which one should I use while reentering the U.S.?
- What are the risks of entering the US from another country after getting EB-5 approval through consular processing in India?
- How does concurrent filing for EB-5 impact the EAD timeframe for Indian nationals?
- How can an EB-5 investor apply through another country that is not their place of birth?
- When does an EB-5 investor obtain the right to apply for naturalization?
- How long after filing an EB-5 application should I expect to receive updates?
- What is the first step to successfully getting EB-5 money back?
- What should I do if my I-485 is pending but my I-94 will soon expire?
- How can I switch to adjustment of status after receiving the EB-5 DS-260 letter from USCIS?
- What should I be aware of as the receiver of EB-5 funds in the form of a gift?
- What is the capital spending timeline for an EB-5 direct investment?
- How can an EB-5 conditional green card holder sponsor their spouse after getting married?
- What should an EB-5 investor do if their I-829 application has been delayed for almost three years?
- What happens to children of principal EB-5 applicants who turn 21 while the case is pending?
- What should an EB-5 applicant do if they cannot make it to the consular interview?
- How can I combine EB-5 and H-1B?
- What is the tax situation on gifted EB-5 money?
- How can I change my consulate selection for EB-5 consular processing?
- What should be the gap between EB-5 I-526 approval and the DS-260 process?
- What are my chances of getting a U.S. visa approved if my L-1 I-485 got denied twice?
- As an EB-5 investor with a pending I-526, what are my chances of successfully obtaining an E-2 visa?
- How long would an I-765 be valid for if I apply for one while my EB-5 application is pending?
- How does traveling on an H visa affect the pending travel permit of an EB-5 applicant?
- How can an EB-5 investor expedite their advance parole/travel permit after concurrent filing?
- When is it wise for an EB-5 investor to file a writ of mandamus?
- How would a past DUI misdemeanor impact my EB-5 application?
- How can an EB-5 conditional green card holder re-enter the U.S. with an expired extension?
- How can my son pursue an education in the United States if his EB-5 I-526 is not approved on time?
- How can I qualify as an EB-5 investor on a business loan in addition to the minimum investment as liquid asset?
- How can I apply for citizenship while my EB-5 I-829 is pending?
- What are the rules and requirements regarding my employment in the U.S. after filing an EB-5 visa application?
- How can I remove conditions from my conditional EB-5 green card after getting a divorce?
- How can I apply for an E-2 visa while in the U.S. on a B2 tourist visa?
- How will the denial of my EB-5 I-526 impact my I-485 application that I concurrently filed?
- How is an EB-5 conditional green card different from a permanent green card?
- How and when can I file my I-485 if I am currently in the U.S. with a pending EB-5 I-526?
- When is the best time to file my I-485 on an O-1 visa in order not to be affected by the 90-day rule?
- How would a marriage-based I-485 affect my pending EB-5 I-485?
- How can I start my EB-5 visa process as a college student abroad?
- How should I file my EB-5 application to protect my Chinese spouse from long wait times?
- How will marrying a U.S. citizen affect my conditional EB-5 status?
- How can we successfully reschedule our EB-5 consulate interview?
- How can I further extend my I-797 after my EB-5 green card has expired?
- After I-526 approval, can EB-5 dependents file their I-485s without the principal applicant?
- What happens if the Dates for Filing chart retrogresses after I submit my EB-5 I-485?