About Salvatore Picataggio
Salvatore Picataggio is an EB-5 immigration lawyer at Colombo & Hurd, PL. The firm is based in Orlando, Florida.
Picataggio is knowledgeable both in family and business immigration. He has helped families reunite in the United States, as well as help companies and traders legally trade and do business in the United States. He assists professionals, skilled workers and individuals with special skills legally work and stay in the United States. In addition, Picataggio assists businesses in making financial and legal infrastructures to raise money from international investors in accordance with the EB-5 immigrant investor program.
He is a Top Contributor at EB5Investors.com, having provided more than 2,000 answers to questions posted online.
Picataggio last worked as a junior partner of the Beshara Professional Association, an immigration law firm based in Florida, from 2011 to 2018. He provided legal services in the areas of family and business immigration.
Picataggio is admitted to practice law in the state of Florida. He completed his Juris Doctor degree at the University of Florida Levin College of Law in 2011. In law school, he was active in various organizations and societies, including Introduction to Law School and the Profession, and the John Marshall Bar Association. He also participated in the Music Law Conference.
He graduated summa cum laude in 2008 with his Bachelor of Science degree in public relations, with a minor in business administration, from the University of Florida.
Before Picataggio entered law school, he worked as a vendor relations and webmaster for Riverstone Builders and as a marketing and relations intern in Gainesville, Florida.
Picataggio is a member of Invest in USA, the American Immigration Lawyers Association (Central Florida chapter), Orange County Bar Association and the Florida Bar. He is also a member of Orlando Regional Realtor Association’s Global Council, the Central Florida Brazilian American Chamber of Commerce, British-American Chamber of Commerce and Central Florida Brazilian American Chamber of Commerce.
Answers to EB-5 2589 Questions Answered
- When should I file a writ of mandamus in my EB-5 case?
- When will consulates in India be able to issue visas for EB-5 again?
- Who is eligible to file for adjustment of status of i-485 based on a pending I-526?
- What is the status of EB-5 consular interviews?
- What is the difference between AOS vs NVC filing for EB-5?
- How can I expedite my I-829 for EB-5?
- What are the current I-829 processing times and can I apply for N-400 without a decision on my I-829?
- How can we withdraw a direct EB-5 I-526 petition?
- Can I apply for an EB-5 visa while having a pending asylum to the United States?
- How long will an I-526 approval take after RFE for my EB-5 petition?
- Why do the I-525 applications through regional centers need to wait for reauthorization?
- With an EB-5 I-526 pending, is it possible to apply for an E-2 visa?
- How long does the EB-5 capital need to be at risk and when can I withdraw funds without jeopardizing the immigration process??
- How can my direct EB-5 visa investment amount be paid at the time of filing my petition?
- Since the EB-5 regional center program has lapsed, is it reasonable for us to redeploy to keep the money as "at-risk" investment?
- What happens with the EB-5 regional centers and the interest for the investments during the reauthorization lapse?
- When can I expect a response to my RFE for my EB-5 I-526 petition?
- What happens if the EB-5 job creating enterprise changes, will it count as a material change?
- How can I do direct EB-5 with a VC type investment as a gift if its in a TEA?
- What is the criteria for direct EB-5 full time job creation?
- How can my investment of capital into a company in the US be used for a direct EB-5 application?
- How can I get a refund of my EB-5 investment since my child is going to age out because of the reauthorization lapse?
- What do I do if USCIS indicates my case was updated to show fingerprints were taken but I have not received a biometrics appointment yet?
- How should I proceed if my I-526 petition was approved for EB-5 after I failed to file my I-829?
- As an EB-5 direct investor, how should I deal with my expiring E-2 visa while my I-485 is pending?
- What impact does the Behring appeal dismissal have on EB-5 investors?
- What will happen to EB-5 investors already in the U.S. if USCIS denies pending I-485 petitions (AOS) during the lapse?
- How long does it take for USCIS to process a RFE for my direct EB-5 petition?
- What is the process for USCIS to evaluate the hold on pending I-485 AOS for the EB-5 regional center program?
- How can I convert my H1b to an EB-5 visa?
- How can we fix a mistake on our I-829, 24 month receipts for EB-5?
- How can I apply for a new EB-5 after I failed to file my I-829?
- What is the travel risk for an EB-5 investor with approved combo card: I-131 and I-765?
- How can I as an EB-5 investor travel during the lapse of the regional center program?
- What is the process for starting my own business for direct EB-5 if I have no visa yet?
- What happens if I have not filed all my tax returns when I apply for citizenship?
- What are the rules for direct EB-5 investment in existing companies?
- What happens if the government does not reauthorize the EB-5 reginal center program?
- How can I as an Indian national solve this issue that I can only transfer $250,000 a year from India for my EB-5 application?
- What is the I-526 RFE response time for EB-5?
- How do I get started with direct EB-5 investing?
- What can I do if I sent my EB-5 application to the wrong lockbox location?
- How can I redeploy or get the rest of my EB-5 investment back if the project fails?
- What advantages are there for a direct EB-5 investor to apply before the end of the year?
- How can I as an EB-5 investor get my F-1 status extended while my I-485 is pending?
- Is USCIS actually processing any combo cards for EB-5 investors?
- How can I change my H1b visa to a direct investment EB-5?
- Will my I-485 approval for EB-5 be impacted if my spouse leaves the US without a visa?
- What happens if the direct EB-5 program changes the minimum investment amount after I file a petition?
- How do I demonstrate that my EB-5 funds are from a lawful source?
- How can I make my EB-5 investment in an existing company?
- How can I prove that the area where I plan on investing falls in a TEA if I cannot get a TEA letter?
- How can we submit an additional 290b if my I-829 was denied for EB-5?
- With a pending I-829, can I receive part of my capital back without redeploying or will I get an RFE?
- How can we prevent our children aging out while waiting for our EB-5 visa interview?
- Why is my approved I-526 petition taking more than 10 months to transfer from USCIS to NVC?
- When should I apply for EB-5 if I am currently in the US on an E-2?
- Do investments made before my EB-5 application count?
- Is there any way to expedite I-829 petitions for EB-5?
- How can I do EB-5 direct investment by setting up my own business?
- How can I expedite my consular processing for my EB-5 petition?
- How should I file my I-765, through STEM OPT extension or through AOS that is pending?
- How many EB-5 direct cases are you seeing and is that a viable option right now?
- How can we seek to acquire for EB-5 without any invoice or case number generated by NVC?
- How can I travel outside the country on advance parole with an expired passport?
- What are the current investment thresholds for EB-5 direct investment?
- Will the age of our dependent child be protected due to delays from USCIS and NVC?
- Could USCIS make a good faith EB-5 investor decision even if fraud occurred in the regional center?
- How can we stay in the country while we appeal our EB-5 case to a federal immigration court?
- When will we know if the EB-5 investment amounts will increase again?
- How can I use an unsecured loan for my EB-5 visa investment?
- How can I travel outside of the US with a passport stamp for EB-5 but without an actual green card?
- With a pending I-829, what happens if the EB-5 project I redeployed my funds into is failing?
- How can I apply for an EB-5 visa while my F2B application is pending?
- If I start a business as a sole proprietor for my direct Eb-5 investment, can I bring my family and relatives with me?
- What is my tax obligation as a non resident alien while waiting for EB-5 approval?
- With an approved I-526 in January 2021, what can I do to get my EB-5 approved when the program is not reauthorized?
- Since my EB-5 project has financial issues, how can I change my conditional green card to a B visa?
- How can I renew my combo card while the EB-5 regional center program is on hold?
- How can we make our business an EB-5 investment?
- With an RFE on my I-526 petition, what is the best process for EB-5 approval?
- How should I respond to the questions regarding my immigrant petition history on the DS-160 form if I have pending EB-5 petition?
- How can I withdraw my EB-5 investment and get money back?
- How can I get EB-5 and L-1A with the same enterprise?
- How can I change the EB-5 interview location to my home country after I submitted DS-260?
- How can I determine a TEA location for my EB-5 direct investment?
- How are direct EB-5 I-526 petitions from India being processed?
- How do I as a hospitality company find EB-5 direct investors?
- What is the direct EB-5 job creation timeline?
- How long is the RFE processing times for EB-5?
- What is the timeframe for a UK retiree to get the EB-5 visa these days?
- How can I as a developer secure an EB-5 investor?
- How should EB-5 applicants answer questions about immigration petition filing on the DS-160 form for their H1b visa stamping?
- How can I add my spouse and change to consular processing for my direct EB-5 application?
- What will happen with the EB-5 investment amounts now after USCIS appealed the Behring Regional Center lawsuit ruling?
- When will the U.S. open their consulates in China again for EB-5 processing?
- How can I use cryptocurrency for my EB-5 visa investment?
- How can I obtain an EB-5 green card funded with a loan?
- Can I as an Afghan investor get priority for EB-5 due to the circumstances in my country?
- My E2 status expires in one month and my I-485 application and combo card has been pending for 14 months. Are they still processing combo cards?