What factors to consider for a mutually beneficial partnership, how to communicate successfully and ways for each business to grow as a result....
About Phuong Le
Phuong Le is an immigration attorney at David Hirson & Partners LLP. His practice focuses on advising EB-5 regional centers, developers, and businesses with matters related to the structure, deployment and management of EB-5 financing. Attorney Le has advised individual investors, agents, developers, business owners, and other parties involved in EB-5 transactions.
Before he joined the David Hirson & Partners team, Attorney Le provided counsel in-house for a regional center and real estate developer. He has advised a wide spectrum of businesses on EB-5 matters, such as restaurant franchises, commercial real estate developments, hotels, multi-family apartment buildings, and more.
Attorney Le assists businesses on the various steps of the EB-5 financing timeline, including structuring EB-5 offerings as a piece of the capital stack, and quarterbacking complex structuring and review with economists, securities attorneys, business plan writers, and escrow banks. He also helps businesses on the formation and management of their own EB-5 regional centers, including review of different attorneys’ EB-5 filings.
His representative experience in EB-5 financing issues includes: I-526 exemplar approval for a $50 million EB-5 offering for a 300+ unit apartment complex; $180 million in equity/debt EB-5 financing for a 400,000 sq. ft. mixed-use commercial real estate development; and direct EB-5 financing raises for fast-casual restaurant franchises.
Attorney Le is actively admitted to the California State Bar. He is a member of the Asian Pacific American Bar Association, the Southern California Chinese Lawyers Association, the Orange County Asian American Bar Association, and the National Asian Pacific Bar Association, among other organizations.
He earned his Juris Doctor from the U.C. Hastings, College of Law, and bachelor’s degrees in philosophy and criminology, law, and society from U.C. Irvine. In his spare time, Attorney Le volunteers with Southern California community and professional organizations, and provides pro bono immigration advice at legal clinics in the community. He is fluent in English and Vietnamese.
Answers to EB-5 116 Questions Answered
- What is the process to change the filing name from my dad to me?
- How can I secure my investment in an EB-5 regional center after the I-829 stage?
- How can the processing time differ for investors in the same project?
- What are the requirements on the health conditions of EB-5 investors?
- How likely is it that USCIS will issue a project-related RFE at the I-526 stage in an exemplar project?
- What are the qualifications for a business receiving an EB-5 investment?
- What should we take into consideration if we want to buy a regional center?
- How can I gift my U.S.-sourced money to my nephew in India for EB-5?
- What documents does USCIS request from banks where EB-5 investors take loans for investment purposes?
- What should EB-5 investors be wary about when it comes to a redemption agreement?
- What is the scope of required evidence on EB-5 sources of funds?
- What should a business owner be responsible for when using EB-5 funds?
- How can EB-5 investors invest in a not-for-profit business?
- When could the EB-5 visa backlog start to impact Indian nationals?
- How can EB-5 investors use jobs created before their investment toward their permanent residency?
- What happens to my EB-5 case if the JCE is acquired by another company before I get my conditional green card?
- What is a good strategy for a pooled EB-5 direct investment project to allocate jobs to investors?
- How can I use part of an E-2 business to apply for EB-5?
- How can I invest the required EB-5 capital through installments?
- When should an EB-2 visa holder apply for EB-5?
- Should I avoid a regional center project with a waiver of jury trial in its subscription agreement?
- Why does my EB-5 case status not update online?
- How can I receive dividends and maintain compliance with EB-5?
- What is the approximate I-485 processing times for India-born EB-5 applicants?
- How can my uncle gift me EB-5 money from a loan secured by a property co-owned by him and his girlfriend?
- How can I use a past investment to apply for an EB-5 visa?
- Is it still possible for a Vietnamese 17-year-old dependent to get a green card through EB-5 now?
- What are my options if my I-526 case processing is severely delayed?
- How can I fix my supplemental petition to add my wife?
- Can I use domestic money to fund EB-5?
- How can I verify if an EB-5 project qualifies for expedited processing?
- How could the EB-5 backlog lawsuit help China-born investors?
- How can I apply to extend the deadline for job creation during the I-829 stage?
- Under the current administration, should I choose EB-5 consulate interview or adjustment of status?
- How can minors submit an EB-5 application?
- How can credit cards be used toward EB-5 as a legitimate source of funding?
- How many individuals can be in one petition for EB-5?
- Can the gifter of EB-5 funds use a personal loan?
- Does USCIS place restrictions on the location of new job creation?
- How can asylum applicants apply for EB-5 visas?
- How can multiple EB-5 investors invest in one business and get EB-5 visas?
- How likely is it that I will be called for an interview during the EB-5 adjustment of status application?
- What sources of funds are acceptable for EB-5?
- How can I use gifted money obtained as a mortgage loan to apply for EB-5?
- What is the physical presence requirement for EB-5 investors with conditional permanent green cards?
- How can I invest directly in an EB-5 project without going through a regional center?
- How could overstaying my visa impact my eligibility of applying for EB-5?
- What is the timeline for starting a medical practice to qualify for EB-5?
- How long does it take a South Korean citizen to acquire a green card through the EB-5 program?
- What should I do if I cannot make an Infopass appointment with USCIS for a visa stamp?
- How can I apply for EB-5 if I overstayed my visa in another country?
- How can the 10 required jobs be created at different locations and qualify for EB-5?
- How long does it take for Vietnamese investors to obtain green cards through EB-5?
- When should I inform IPO that the project I invested in has received I-924 approval?
- How can my wife and I invest individually but qualify for EB-5 as a family?
- How can I use a SBA loan for my cousin''s EB-5?
- What is the advantage of "direct investment" for Vietnamese EB-5 investors?
- How can I apply for EB-5 based investment in a venture capital or angel fund?
- What trouble could I get into by taking a job offer from an EB-5 entity?
- How quickly do EB-5 funds have to be redeployed after the loan is repaid to maintain investors'' "at risk" status?
- How can I legally work for the EB-5 project I invested in?
- What is USCIS''s view towards legal medical/recreational marijuana-related EB-5 projects?
- How do different categories of projects influence regional center designation?
- How do I maintain my immigrant status after my I-526 is approved?
- How can I use a $50K loan from my 401(k) as part of my EB-5 investment?
- How does the EB-5 Program view 401k as a source of funds?
- Who writes the business plan for an EB-5 direct investment?
- Why do investors involved in the same EB-5 project get their green cards at different times?
- How do regional centers calculate interest rates for individual investors?
- How do I withdraw my I-526 petition and investment funds so I can pursue EB1A?
- How would I show source of EB-5 funds for lottery winnings?
- What is the difference between an EB-5 project with exemplar approval and one without it?
- How will two part-time jobs created by my EB-5 investment be counted?
- When does the “5-year path to citizenship” in the EB-5 Program start?
- How can I invest in two separate urgent care centers as part of one EB-5 project?
- How should a spouse derivative prepare for their partner’s EB-5 visa application?
- How and when do you get a physical conditional green card in the EB-5 process?
- What should I do if my lawyer submits my I-526 filled with errors?
- How can one EB-5 investor loan funds to another EB-5 applicant?
- How important is a resume for the EB-5 investment process?
- What are the “accredited investor” requirements for the EB-5 Immigrant Investor Program?
- How can two family members invest in the same project and both receive an EB-5 visa?
- What is a mixed use project?
- How do regional centers find EB-5 projects?
- How many investors can an exemplar EB-5 project have? Is there a cap?
- What is the best economic model to use when developing an EB-5 project?
- How late can an investor invest in an EB-5 project—for example, a project nearing completion?
- How will investing in a project alongside Chinese EB-5 investors affect my application timeline?
- What options are there for Chinese nationals to speed along the immigration process?
- What are the requirements for employees of an EB-5 investor?
- How do we add a baby to our filed I-526?
- How can I use VC funds for my EB-5 investment?
- Who is responsible for checking the standing of a regional center with the SEC?
- What happens if only one member of a couple applies for EB-5?
- How can both my friend and I obtain U.S. green cards?
- What happens to my investment if an EB-5 direct business area becomes a TEA?
- How can I qualify for EB-5 via a new or existing VC fund?
- How will a difference in EB-5 jobs created affect my removal of conditions?
- What kind of documents should we compile to show our source of funds?
- What are the risks of investing in a regional center project with no escrow agreement?
Verified EB-5 Investors
EB5 Investors Magazine and EB5investors.com Articles
What considerations should potential investors take into account when it comes to selecting the route for their EB-5 investments. ...