What factors to consider for a mutually beneficial partnership, how to communicate successfully and ways for each business to grow as a result....
About Phuong Le
Phuong Le is an immigration attorney at David Hirson & Partners LLP. His practice focuses on advising EB-5 regional centers, developers, and businesses with matters related to the structure, deployment and management of EB-5 financing. Attorney Le has advised individual investors, agents, developers, business owners, and other parties involved in EB-5 transactions.
Before he joined the David Hirson & Partners team, Attorney Le provided counsel in-house for a regional center and real estate developer. He has advised a wide spectrum of businesses on EB-5 matters, such as restaurant franchises, commercial real estate developments, hotels, multi-family apartment buildings, and more.
Attorney Le assists businesses on the various steps of the EB-5 financing timeline, including structuring EB-5 offerings as a piece of the capital stack, and quarterbacking complex structuring and review with economists, securities attorneys, business plan writers, and escrow banks. He also helps businesses on the formation and management of their own EB-5 regional centers, including review of different attorneys’ EB-5 filings.
His representative experience in EB-5 financing issues includes: I-526 exemplar approval for a $50 million EB-5 offering for a 300+ unit apartment complex; $180 million in equity/debt EB-5 financing for a 400,000 sq. ft. mixed-use commercial real estate development; and direct EB-5 financing raises for fast-casual restaurant franchises.
Attorney Le is actively admitted to the California State Bar. He is a member of the Asian Pacific American Bar Association, the Southern California Chinese Lawyers Association, the Orange County Asian American Bar Association, and the National Asian Pacific Bar Association, among other organizations.
He earned his Juris Doctor from the U.C. Hastings, College of Law, and bachelor’s degrees in philosophy and criminology, law, and society from U.C. Irvine. In his spare time, Attorney Le volunteers with Southern California community and professional organizations, and provides pro bono immigration advice at legal clinics in the community. He is fluent in English and Vietnamese.
Answers to EB-5 179 Questions Answered
- What is the process of receiving a green card for an EB-5 investor currently living outside the U.S.?
- What are the minimum requirements for maintaining permanent residency for the investor, spouse and children?
- Why am I receiving schedule K-1 but no actual payment?
- Could the approval of an EB-5 exemplar project be deemed a significant change?
- How can we get the investment money back if we decide not to proceed with EB-5?
- Who are eligible to adjust status in the U.S. for the EB-5 program?
- How can asylum applicants apply for EB-5?
- How can regional center policymaking affect an EB-5 visa outcome?
- Could my child from India age out before our EB-5 application gets approved?
- How do changes in an EB-5 project budget need to be reflected?
- What are the biggest challenges of using an existing business for EB-5?
- How can I plan a direct EB-5 investment into a partnership to develop real estate business?
- Why might the National Visa Center claim that it had not received my petition from USCIS?
- How can I make a direct investment in a census tract that is not a TEA but still enjoy the low investment threshold?
- Could a pending EB-5 case impact the application of an F-1 visa?
- How can I apply for a family-based immigrant visa with an approved I-526?
- How can I apply for EB-5 with a pending EB-2 application?
- How can I transfer my money to a new project without losing my priority date?
- Should I submit my EB-5 application during the government shutdown?
- When should I designate a local representative for my direct EB-5 business?
- How can I adjust my status as an EB-5 dependent?
- How can I sell my business to an EB-5 investor?
- What is the EB-5 eligibility of foreign nationals not living in their country of origin?
- How would a change of business location affect my EB-5 project?
- How do you verify the validity of an EB-5 project?
- Can a U.S. tourist visa holder apply for EB-5?
- What happens to the EB-5 investment amount after the I-526 approval and during the wait time for I-485?
- Can I file an I-526 application while transferring the investment fund to the U.S.?
- Since the government is open again, when can I get notification from the National Visa Center for an EB-5 visa appointment?
- What requirements should a start-up meet in order to use EB-5 funds?
- Can I borrow $250,000 from a relative for my EB-5 application?
- How can I convert part-time jobs to full-time positions to qualify for EB-5?
- How can I switch attorneys at the I-829 stage?
- Can regional centers redeploy EB-5 money without the consent of investors?
- When can an EB-5 investor sell his share in a direct investment without impacting his green card?
- How can I use money from U.S. sources to invest in EB-5?
- How can I get my investment back if I get a NOID for my I-526?
- How can a divorce impact the conditional green card of a dependent?
- How can I travel back to the U.S. with an expired green card before receiving the I-829 receipt notice?
- If the government shutdown happens again, how would it affect the pending DS-260 applications?
- Which investment route of EB-5 could let me enter the U.S. faster, a regional center project or a direct investment?
- What does “EB-5 regional center visas unauthorized” mean in the Visa Bulletin?
- How are jobs calculated in an EB-5 project that is a film production?
- What is the current waiting time for EB-5 investors from Japan?
- How can I partner with a U.S. citizen in a direct investment and apply for EB-5?
- Who can qualify as an accredited EB-5 investor?
- What is the adjudication timeframe for a regional center EB-5 application with expedited processing?
- Can foreign attorneys accept commissions from regional centers?
- What should I be careful about after submitting an I-829 application?
- Is EB-5 retrogression for Indians limited to regional center investors or does it also impact direct investment?
- How can I show that a direct EB-5 business is located in a TEA?
- How can I apply for EB-5 after entering the U.S. with an E-2 visa as a new Grenadian citizen?
- Should I apply for H1-B with an I-526 approval?
- Where can I find information about TEA designation for an EB-5 project?
- Can I get my investment money back if I withdraw my EB-5 application?
- How can I start a direct EB-5 investment before applying for EB-5?
- Should I file an I-829 application if the EB-5 business I invested in has failed?
- Is it a good idea to file an I-526 if I cannot invest in full at the time of filing?
- What will happen to my pending EB-5 case if I change my name?
- How can marrying a non-Chinese accelerate my EB-5?
- Is it still advisable for Indian investors with a pending EB-2 application to go for EB-5?
- Are 20-year-old children too old to be included in an EB-5 application?
- What are the disclosure liabilities for EB-5 projects?
- What is the process to change the filing name from my dad to me?
- How can I secure my investment in an EB-5 regional center after the I-829 stage?
- How can the processing time differ for investors in the same project?
- What are the requirements on the health conditions of EB-5 investors?
- How likely is it that USCIS will issue a project-related RFE at the I-526 stage in an exemplar project?
- What are the qualifications for a business receiving an EB-5 investment?
- What should we take into consideration if we want to buy a regional center?
- How can I gift my U.S.-sourced money to my nephew in India for EB-5?
- What documents does USCIS request from banks where EB-5 investors take loans for investment purposes?
- What should EB-5 investors be wary about when it comes to a redemption agreement?
- What is the scope of required evidence on EB-5 sources of funds?
- What should a business owner be responsible for when using EB-5 funds?
- How can EB-5 investors invest in a not-for-profit business?
- When could the EB-5 visa backlog start to impact Indian nationals?
- How can EB-5 investors use jobs created before their investment toward their permanent residency?
- What happens to my EB-5 case if the JCE is acquired by another company before I get my conditional green card?
- What is a good strategy for a pooled EB-5 direct investment project to allocate jobs to investors?
- How can I use part of an E-2 business to apply for EB-5?
- How can I invest the required EB-5 capital through installments?
- When should an EB-2 visa holder apply for EB-5?
- Should I avoid a regional center project with a waiver of jury trial in its subscription agreement?
- Why does my EB-5 case status not update online?
- How can I receive dividends and maintain compliance with EB-5?
- What is the approximate I-485 processing times for India-born EB-5 applicants?
- How can my uncle gift me EB-5 money from a loan secured by a property co-owned by him and his girlfriend?
- How can I use a past investment to apply for an EB-5 visa?
- Is it still possible for a Vietnamese 17-year-old dependent to get a green card through EB-5 now?
- What are my options if my I-526 case processing is severely delayed?
- How can I fix my supplemental petition to add my wife?
- Can I use domestic money to fund EB-5?
- How can I verify if an EB-5 project qualifies for expedited processing?
- How could the EB-5 backlog lawsuit help China-born investors?
- How can I apply to extend the deadline for job creation during the I-829 stage?
- Under the current administration, should I choose EB-5 consulate interview or adjustment of status?
- How can minors submit an EB-5 application?
- How can credit cards be used toward EB-5 as a legitimate source of funding?
- How many individuals can be in one petition for EB-5?
Verified EB-5 Investors
EB5 Investors Magazine and EB5investors.com Articles
What considerations should potential investors take into account when it comes to selecting the route for their EB-5 investments. ...