While direct EB-5 investors have taken the brunt of the economic effects of the pandemic, many EB-5 regional centers have been impacted hard when it comes to new sales of projects. ...
About Fredrick W Voigtmann
Fredrick Voigtmann is an EB-5 immigration attorney who owns and operates the Law Office of Fred Voigtmann, P.C. in Woodland Hills, Calif. Concentrating on immigration law and naturalization, attorney Voigtmann strives to offer clients the individualized care that ensures successful results. Attorney Voigtmann’s practice offers legal services for immigrating clients and large companies. He strives to stay up-to-date on the challenging and constantly changing immigration laws.
Attorney Voigtmann has represented clients from around the world and seeks to work as a liaison between cultures. Fluent in both English and Mandarin Chinese, he has successfully represented clients throughout Asia. Attorney Voigtmann has lived in Taiwan, and tries to understand all the complex needs of immigrating clients in order to make the process as succinct as possible.
For nearly 20 years, attorney Voigtmann has dedicated his work to immigration law and has served on the investor committee of the American Immigration Lawyers Association. He has mentored and advised fellow immigration attorneys, providing them with the knowledge and tools that he utilizes to work effectively in immigration law. He has written articles on immigration for Beverly Hills Times Magazine and newsletters to his colleagues that deal with the common misconceptions of immigration law. He strives to apply his experience and knowledge of the most current immigration law in all employment-based immigration objectives.
Attorney Voigtmann has experience working in the EB-5 arena since 1997. He has worked for individual EB-5 investors, regional centers, and EB-5 investment pools. He offers clients full-service immigration attention in an effort to successfully provide solutions to even complex legal issues. He strives to be an active part of the EB-5 community and served as co-chair of the American Immigration Lawyers Association EB-5 Investor Committee from 1997-1998. Attorney Voigtmann provides clients with progressive approaches to attend to all their immigration needs.
Answers to EB-5 2017 Questions Answered
- How can same-sex married couples apply for EB-5 on the same application?
- At what point in the EB-5 process can I withdraw from my investment?
- What is my legal status while my I-485 for EB-5 is pending but the EB-5 RC program is on hold?
- What are the job requirements for direct EB-5 investments?
- What happens if the company filed bankruptcy after I filed I-485 for my EB-5 visa?
- Can I use my brothers address to open an account in the US for my EB-5 application?
- How can I apply for a green card under EB-5 via direct investment when I am currently on H1B?
- Is my conditional green card status illegal now that the EB-5 regional center program is on hold?
- Will my dependent child face student visa issues with an approved I-526 but before NVC contact?
- How will the EB-5 RC program lapse impact me if I filed an EB-5 Writ of Mandamus in March?
- Are all EB-5 visas processed through CSC and how can I speed up the process?
- What happens with my EB-5 application and investment now when the EB-5 program was not reauthorized?
- Since I have invested $900,000 in a TEA, what happens with my EB-5 application now since the investment amount has returned to $500,000?
- Do I file a DS-260 form or an I-485 form for my EB-5 application if my kids are already studying in the U.S.?
- How long do jobs need to be sustained for an EB-5 regional center project?
- How will it impact future visa applications if my visa was revoked due to EB-5 fraud?
- How can I apply for expedited processing for my EB-5 application?
- What do I need to prepare to file my I-829 petition for EB-5?
- How can I file an EB-3 based 10-year green card when I already have an EB-5 based conditional green card?
- How can we use our E-2 business to get an EB-5 visa?
- What happens if the EB-5 project has created 90% of the required jobs but then fails?
- Can I add my spouse to my EB-5 application later if I indicated "No" to "Applying for Visa Abroad" in I-526?
- Do I need to maintain in TN visa status when my I-485 for EB-5 is pending?
- What happens after I file my I-824 for EB-5 and how long is the process to get the EB-5 visa?
- How can I change my EB-5 consular processing from Pakistan to UAE without causing delays?
- How can I apply for EB-5 as an F-1 visa holder without leaving the United States?
- What happens if an EB-5 project has created sufficient jobs, but fails to be completed? How does it impact my EB-5 green card?
- Is there still time to get our interview before the EB-5 regional center reauthorization deadline of June 30?
- Is a completion delay of an EB-5 project considered as material change?
- What are the chances of I-829 approval if the EB-5 project is delayed and not finished?
- Could my EB-5 visa processing time change if I change my citizenship?
- Does having a virtual office in a TEA qualify as a physical presence for EB-5?
- How can I correct a mistake on my DS-260 form for my EB-5 visa?
- How long should I expect it to take to transfer an approved EB-5 I-526 from USCIS to NVC?
- How can I combine applications for F-1 and EB-5 visas?
- How can I check if an EB-5 project is approved as an "expedited" project?
- What does it mean when an EB-5 regional center has created 80% of the jobs for a project?
- How can I qualify for EB-5 if my passport is expired?
- What are the chances of a successful Writ of mandamus if there is reasonable delay in an EB-5 I-485 adjudication?
- If I do EB-5 direct investment, how can I hire my friends and family members?
- My I-526 was approved in December but USCIS still has not sent my EB-5 case to the NVC. What can I do?
- When does the job creation time line start for direct EB-5 investment projects?
- How do I change my address on a pending EB-5 visa application?
- How can I change the location of my EB-5 interview?
- How long does an Indian EB-5 applicant need to wait for I-526 approval?
- At what point in the EB-5 process can we get our investment back?
- Am I required to prove lawful source of a loan from relatives if it was already paid back before initiating my EB-5 process?
- How can I travel overseas while waiting for my EB-5 biometrics appointment for my I-485?
- How can I add on a family member to my EB-5 application at the I-526 stage?
- How should I prepare for my consular interview when going from EB-5 to EB-3?
- How can I apply for an AOS for my EB-5 application on a B1/B2 visa?
- How can I apply for EB-5 direct investment but without an E2?
- How can I as a Chinese EB-5 investor do the consular interview in Japan, where I live?
- How can we as EB-5 investors use the address of a friend or relative for a re-entry permit application?
- What are the EB-5 job creation requirements for the direct investment route?
- Our approved EB-5 I-526 was sent to NVC by mistake, but is it possible to file the I-485 now or do we have to wait for a fee bill?
- How do I as an EB-5 investor fill out the re-entry permit application if I have no domicile in the U.S.?
- How can I re-enter the U.S. as an EB-5 investor if my conditional green card is expired?
- How do I best apply for my EB-5 AOS and why are they being transferred to the California Service Center?
- Why are the I-485 processing times for EB-5 so long?
- How can I make sure my child doesn''t age out on my EB-5 application?
- My I-526 visa was approved in February 2021, however how come there is no fee bill raised by NVS?
- How do I count residency as a conditional green card holder during my transition from EB-5 to EB-3?
- Why does USCIS require you to keep EB-5 funds invested until the I-829 filing when the I-485 is taking at least 44 months to approve?
- How can I change my EB-5 adjustment of status on an I-485 to consular processing before the I-526 decision?
- What happens with my EB-5 petition if a regional center fails?
- How long does it take USCIS to send me electronic notification of receipt of my I-829 form?
- How can I still file an I-829 even though my investment money is not at risk during the 2-year conditional green card period?
- As an EB-5 investor, how can I leave the U.S. without receiving my AP combo card and not jeopardize my EB-5 application?
- How can I change my attorney in the middle of my EB-5 process to file RFE documents?
- How can an EB-5 investor apply for a re-entry permit if the conditional green card has expired?
- How can I as an EB-5 dependent withdraw from an EB-5 petition?
- I got my EB-5 conditional green card, how can my wife also get it?
- How do I create an EB-5 project in a TEA?
- How will a DUI misdemeanor impact my EB-5 visa application?
- How can I apply for EB-5 direct investment by forming a company with a group of Americans?
- How can I set up my own EB-5 regional center or rent one?
- How can I use my real estate investment equity to apply for EB-5?
- How can I go the EB-5 direct investment route if I don''t want to run a company myself?
- What should I do as an EB-5 investor if my spouse did not receive an official I-829 notice of receipt?
- Can I create a sub company in a different industry to maintain my EB-5 workforce while waiting for my I-829 decision?
- If an EB-5 investor need to travel overseas, is the six-month rule considered in the aggregate or in a row to not risk losing my visa?
- What are eligible areas to invest in for the EB-5 direct investment route?
- As an EB-5 investor studying in the U.S., how can I get my combo card before I graduate?
- How long does it take to get the EB-5 status updated after a biometric appointment?
- How can I as an EB-5 applicant renew my re-entry permit outside of the U.S.?
- How can I make the processing time for I-829 for my EB-5 direct investment faster?
- How can I apply for EB-5 after I lost my F-1 status?
- How can I expand an existing business as part of my EB-5 direct investment?
- How will the changes to the public charge rule impact my EB-5 application?
- When can Indian natives expect approval of I-526 petitions?
- How can I make sure that my invested EB-5 capital is safe while I wait for visa approval?
- How can I meet the criteria to make an EB-5 investment through a franchise?
- What are the requirements for removing conditions when it comes to EB-5 job creation?
- How can I file a status change for EB-5 while on a B-1 visa?
- How can I switch from a PERM to I-829 without impacting my family?
- Can I start a new job with an expired conditional green card and a I-829 receipt?
- How would I switch from adjustment of status to consular processing on an I-526 petition?
- How can we file a I-485 petition while the I-526 is still pending?
- What happens if my I-829 is denied while I am traveling overseas?
Verified EB-5 Investors
EB5 Investors Magazine and EB5investors.com Articles
The importance of burden of proof, seeking relief from removal and who has final authority to terminate lawful permanent resident status....
How to prepare for a future EB-5 visa application when structuring the E-2 investment amount, business plan and source of funds requirements....
Make the most of your first EB-5 case. Learn how to choose and work with a co-counsel....