Visa options of L1, E-1, E-2 among others for Chinese EB-5 investors while waiting for permanent residency....
About Ed Beshara
EB-5 immigration attorney Edward Beshara has focused exclusively on immigration law since 1983 and is currently the managing partner of Beshara, PA, located in Orlando, Fla. Attorney Beshara has helped individual and corporate clients from all over the world meet their U.S. immigration needs. He has assisted corporate clients and foreign national investors undergoing the EB-5 process since 1991 and has primarily concentrated on EB-5 Regional Center matters over the past few years.
Attorney Beshara is an active member of the Association to Invest in the USA (IIUSA), which is a trade organization of EB-5 Regional Centers, immigration attorneys, marketing brokers, business planners, and economists—where he currently serves on the Best Practices Committee. He also currently teaches business immigration law and practice as a professor at the University of Florida, Levin College of Law. Attorney Beshara also belongs to the Academy of International Business, which is a leading association of international business and legal professors whose members include prominent professors from Chinese universities.
Attorney Beshara remains extremely involved with all stages of the EB-5 process, including the filing and preparation of I-526 petitions (particularly source of funds), conditional permanent residency applications, I-829 petitions, regional center applications, project pre-approvals, and regional center amendments. To help with these EB-5 matters, attorney Beshara leads a team of exceptionally qualified corporate attorneys, business planners, economists, certified public accountants, and securities attorneys.
Edward Beshara has been the associated, preferred, or exclusive immigration attorney for more than 25 EB-5 projects and/or regional centers throughout the United States. While representing such clients, attorney Beshara personally attends meetings with the USCIS EB-5 unit year-round and attends hearings related to EB-5 legislation before the U.S. Congress. He is also an invaluable resource on the EB-5 program and has conducted presentations and seminars for organizations including the Chinese Chambers of Commerce, World Trade Center, American Immigration Lawyers Association, British Chamber of Commerce, Australian Chamber of Commerce, Artisan Business Group and other prominent international groups.
Attorney Beshara earned his Juris Doctor from the University of Florida and earned his LL.B. and B. Juris degrees from Monash University in Melbourne Australia, where he also pursued an LLM degree and lectured on business and corporate law. Currently a member of the Florida Bar Association, attorney Beshara was also admitted as a solicitor and barrister to the Victorian Bar in Australia. He has earned the highest possible “AV” rating as an international preeminent immigration attorney and is a past president of the American Immigration Lawyers Association. Attorney Beshara has overseen lobbying with U.S. congressmen and the Australian Embassy to achieve favorable legislation for Australian nationals seeking E-1, E-2, and E-3 visas. He has authored an immigration guide called Emigrating to the USA, which achieved worldwide distribution. Additionally, attorney Beshara has obtained international and national recognition for his work, has been named as among the best immigration lawyers in the United States and has earned AILA’s highest award for outstanding contributions.
Answers to EB-5 1350 Questions Answered
- Why are visas for the EB-5 regional center program still unauthorized for December even though the program has been extended?
- What are the tax liabilities on the foreign assets of the EB-5 investors?
- How can I manage my EB-5 business with a visitor visa while waiting for my case to be approved?
- How could the new EB-5 rules impact the processing time of I-526 applications?
- How can I correct a mistake on my DS-260 form?
- How can I travel back to the U.S. without a re-entry permit after being outside the country for over six months?
- How can DACA beneficiaries participate in the EB-5 program?
- What legal recourse does an investor have if the regional center does not provide the supporting documents for I-829 promptly?
- Is the age of EB-5 dependent children still frozen after the approval of I-526 and before a visa interview?
- What is the approximate cost and timeline of starting a regional center?
- How can an EB-5 regional center provide different offers to EB-5 investors in the same NCE?
- What is the timeline of obtaining a reentry permit?
- How does USCIS allocate the unused visas among EB-5 investors from backlogged countries?
- How can I use capital earned from stocks for my EB-5 application?
- How can EB-5 investors use their shares in an EB-5 project for loans?
- What is the standard range of return for EB-5 investors in a project where the EB-5 capital is structured as preferred equity?
- How long can green card holders stay outside the U.S.?
- What are my options at the stage of redeployment if I do not want to invest in another project?
- What should an EB-5 investor do if his passport expires before a DS-260 application is submitted?
- What happens to the ages of dependent children during EB-5 visa administrative processing?
- Why does the visa bulletin say unauthorized for EB-5 regional center programs?
- What happens if I cannot file my I-485 application in time as indicated in the visa bulletin?
- How can I enter the U.S. with an H-4 visa when I have a pending EB-5 case?
- How can I work in the U.S. if I withdraw my EB-5 investment?
- How can I use intangible assets for my EB-5 investment?
- How could working under CPT affect my I-526 application?
- Other than EB-5, what options do mainland China-born investors have to get green cards?
- What are the requirements of health insurance on EB-5 visa applicants?
- How can chart B in the visa bulletin prevent dependents from aging out for their EB-5 visas?
- How can I use money in my 401(K) account to apply for EB-5?
- How should I start my EB-5 application if I have a pending EB-2 case with a priority date in 2010?
- How long do we need to wait if we receive a 221(g) notice during our EB-5 visa interview?
- How can I use my F-1 OPT EAD to work when I have a green card?
- How can I use borrowed money from a friend for my EB-5 investment?
- How can I use foreign income and assets to support an I-864 application?
- How can I transfer the EB-5 investment capital from the bank account in my home country to the U.S.?
- How can I travel internationally if I just file my EB-5 I-485 application?
- What legal recourses do I have to secure the return of my EB-5 investment?
- How can I run an EB-5 business with a TD visa?
- How can I sell a business to a potential EB-5 investor?
- How can I travel outside the U.S. and return for my I-131 biometrics appointment?
- What are the requirements on the business performance and maintenance of jobs for a direct EB-5 business during the I-829 stage?
- How can the approved I-829 of an EB-5 principal applicant accelerate the processing of the I-829s of dependents?
- How can I structure an EB-5 direct investment business at two different locations?
- How can we require to expedite the processing of EB-5 visas?
- How can I file an EB-3-based I-485 when I am on an EB-5-based conditional green card?
- What is the timeline for setting up an EB-5 business and creating jobs?
- How can I make my investment accumulate and qualify for EB-5?
- How does USCIS count job creation for an EB-5 application?
- When can I travel internationally after my I-131 biometrics appointment?
- How can I register a business in the U.S. with a pending EB-5 application?
- What is the timeline for an EB-5 application?
- How are permanent residents and citizens taxed in the U.S.?
- Under what circumstances is an I-134 necessary for a visitor visa holder?
- When do I need to start fulfilling tax obligations as an EB-5 investor?
- How can I apply for an F-1 visa if I have filed an I-526 application?
- What kind of investment can I make with a tourist visa?
- How can I change my levels of study as an international student with an EB-5 application?
- How can I apply to adjust status with an I-130 form if I have a conditional green card?
- How can my son apply for EB-5 while studying in the U.S.?
- How can I file an I-829 application outside the U.S.?
- What should I do if there is information missing on my DS-260 form?
- What are some additional costs for an EB-5 application?
- Which option is faster for an Indian EB-5 investor to enter the U.S.: adjustment of status or consular processing?
- How can EB-5 investors travel with expired green cards and I-797 receipts?
- How long does it usually take to launch an EB-5-compliant business?
- What are some potential issues for an F-1 student with an approved I-526 to apply for OPT?
- Which option is faster for my wife to enter the U.S., with a CR-1 visa or an EB-5 visa?
- How can franchise businesses use EB-5 capital?
- Do I have to return my first re-entry permit if I need to apply for another one?
- When can I get my cancelled visa interview rescheduled?
- How can I start a direct EB-5 investment before applying for EB-5?
- Is it a good idea to file an I-526 if I cannot invest in full at the time of filing?
- Can I get my investment money back if I withdraw my EB-5 application?
- Should I file an I-829 application if the EB-5 business I invested in has failed?
- How can I transfer my money to a new project without losing my priority date?
- What issues might there be for an H-4 visa holder to purchase an EB-5 franchise business?
- How could a shutdown of a business during the I-829 stage impact my EB-5 application?
- When are children included in an EB-5 application as dependents?
- How can I file a green card application for my wife with a pending I-829?
- Is my scheduled interview with USCIS still valid during the government shutdown?
- How can marrying a non-Chinese accelerate my EB-5?
- Are 20-year-old children too old to be included in an EB-5 application?
- What kind of criminal record could impact my eligibility for EB-5?
- What will happen to my pending EB-5 case if I change my name?
- As an EB-5 dependent, could applying for another immigration visa cause problems?
- Will my visa denial history impact my ability of getting an EB-5 visa?
- What will happen to my EB-5 application if I overstayed my H-4 visa?
- How can I apply for EB-5 if I was deported in the past?
- How long does it take USCIS to review an I-829 RFE response?
- When should I file an I-485 form for my EB-2 case if I have a pending I-485 for my EB-5 case?
- How can I stay in the U.S. with an expired I-20 and an approved I-526?
- How long does it take for a case to receive a decision when assigned to an officer after multiple service requests?
- When should I designate a local representative for my direct EB-5 business?
- What are the disclosure liabilities for EB-5 projects?
- How can an EB-5 case be transferred?
- How can I enter the U.S. with an expiring passport and a valid advance parole?
- How many years do I have to keep continuous residency in the U.S. to apply for citizenship?
- How long should I wait to file an E-2 after I obtain Grenada citizenship?
- How can I file an E-2 petition while I have a pending I-526?
Verified EB-5 Investors
EB5 Investors Magazine and EB5investors.com Articles
In representing the developer, what comes first: EB-5 compliant project documentation or EB-5 funding?...
Edward Beshara discusses whether or not the concurrent filing process of the I-924 application for pre-approval and I-526 petition is legally or practicaly necessary....
Edward Beshara examines the financial and tax implications of making an EB-5 investment. ...