Visa options of L1, E-1, E-2 among others for Chinese EB-5 investors while waiting for permanent residency....
About Ed Beshara
EB-5 immigration attorney Edward Beshara has focused exclusively on immigration law since 1983 and is currently the managing partner of Beshara, PA, located in Orlando, Fla. Attorney Beshara has helped individual and corporate clients from all over the world meet their U.S. immigration needs. He has assisted corporate clients and foreign national investors undergoing the EB-5 process since 1991 and has primarily concentrated on EB-5 Regional Center matters over the past few years.
Attorney Beshara is an active member of the Association to Invest in the USA (IIUSA), which is a trade organization of EB-5 Regional Centers, immigration attorneys, marketing brokers, business planners, and economists—where he currently serves on the Best Practices Committee. He also currently teaches business immigration law and practice as a professor at the University of Florida, Levin College of Law. Attorney Beshara also belongs to the Academy of International Business, which is a leading association of international business and legal professors whose members include prominent professors from Chinese universities.
Attorney Beshara remains extremely involved with all stages of the EB-5 process, including the filing and preparation of I-526 petitions (particularly source of funds), conditional permanent residency applications, I-829 petitions, regional center applications, project pre-approvals, and regional center amendments. To help with these EB-5 matters, attorney Beshara leads a team of exceptionally qualified corporate attorneys, business planners, economists, certified public accountants, and securities attorneys.
Edward Beshara has been the associated, preferred, or exclusive immigration attorney for more than 25 EB-5 projects and/or regional centers throughout the United States. While representing such clients, attorney Beshara personally attends meetings with the USCIS EB-5 unit year-round and attends hearings related to EB-5 legislation before the U.S. Congress. He is also an invaluable resource on the EB-5 program and has conducted presentations and seminars for organizations including the Chinese Chambers of Commerce, World Trade Center, American Immigration Lawyers Association, British Chamber of Commerce, Australian Chamber of Commerce, Artisan Business Group and other prominent international groups.
Attorney Beshara earned his Juris Doctor from the University of Florida and earned his LL.B. and B. Juris degrees from Monash University in Melbourne Australia, where he also pursued an LLM degree and lectured on business and corporate law. Currently a member of the Florida Bar Association, attorney Beshara was also admitted as a solicitor and barrister to the Victorian Bar in Australia. He has earned the highest possible “AV” rating as an international preeminent immigration attorney and is a past president of the American Immigration Lawyers Association. Attorney Beshara has overseen lobbying with U.S. congressmen and the Australian Embassy to achieve favorable legislation for Australian nationals seeking E-1, E-2, and E-3 visas. He has authored an immigration guide called Emigrating to the USA, which achieved worldwide distribution. Additionally, attorney Beshara has obtained international and national recognition for his work, has been named as among the best immigration lawyers in the United States and has earned AILA’s highest award for outstanding contributions.
Answers to EB-5 1191 Questions Answered
- How soon can I file for EB-5 if I am on an H-1B?
- How does the EB-5 Program view hawala?
- How does an F-1 student visa holder file for their EB-5 immigrant visa once the I-526 is approved?
- Which expenses paid during the EB-5 process are tax deductible?
- How should an asylum applicant start the EB-5 process?
- What should I do if I-829 form has not been submitted by my attorney when the conditional green card expires?
- What is a 221(g) in the EB-5 process?
- What is the fate of EB5-5 after December 22, 2017?
- How long does the I-485 take to be approved?
- How would USCIS count jobs in the case of a direct EB-5 investment in a real estate and construction project?
- What happens when an F-2 applicant applies for the EB-5 Program?
- How soon would you have to change the I-485 after your spouse has won the DV lottery?
- How do I apply for the EB-5 Immigrant Investor Program as an investor?
- What restrictions are there on an EB-5 investor's family members' ability to work in the U.S.?
- What are the “accredited investor” requirements for the EB-5 Immigrant Investor Program?
- How can I manage my business while also applying for the EB-5 Program?
- What are the residence restrictions at the beginning of the EB-5 process?
- How can an investor check on the status of their project during the EB-5 process?
- Why do EB-5 investments need to be made “at-risk”?
- How long does the EB-5 process usually take?
- How would one investor dropping out of a project affect my EB-5 application?
- Can Cuban citizens who meet financial EB-5 requirements apply for the program without issue?
- How does USCIS handle Micropolitan Statistical Areas in the United States?
- Can investing in a fund of SBA 7(a) loans qualify as an EB-5 investment?
- What are the ramifications and implications of a SEC investigation on a regional center EB-5 project?
- What happens if my EB-5 visa expires before I can enter the United States?
- How do I withdraw my I-526 petition and investment funds so I can pursue EB1A?
- What are the responsibilities of the entrepreneur who finances part of his business using EB-5?
- How can a principal EB-5 applicant transfer the application to a family member?
- How long does it take to process the I-131 travel document?
- How can an equity investment qualify as an EB-5 investment?
- What does it mean when your Priority Date is current but visa numbers are unavailable?
- How do regional centers calculate interest rates for individual investors?
- How can I successfully apply for EB-5 when I am currently living in the United States, but out of status?
- Why do investors involved in the same EB-5 project get their green cards at different times?
- Who writes the business plan for an EB-5 direct investment?
- How does the EB-5 Program view 401k as a source of funds?
- What happens if the JCE does not maintain the required jobs for the EB-5 Program?
- How can I help my parents apply for the EB-5 Program?
- How can I use the Saint Kitts and Nevis investment passport program or any other program to beat the EB-5 backlog for Chinese nationals?
- What restrictions are there on family members included on my EB-5 application?
- Can I change my E-2 visa to an EB-5?
- After filing F-1 visa STEM extension, how will applying an EB-5 visa affect that process?
- What comes next in the EB-5 process after my I-526 is approved and I receive my NVC case number?
- How can I transfer and L-1 visa to an EB-5 visa?
- Can I open a dental practice when I am in OPT or H-1B?
- How soon should we transport our family to the United States after EB-5 approval?
- How can I apply for an EB-5 visa and EB-3 visa at the same time?
- How free am I to travel while my I-829 is pending if I have an I-551 stamp?
- If the EB-5 Regional Center Program is set to expire, how long do we have to file our I-526s?
- How do I remove my child from the DS-260 Immigrant Visa Electronic Application?
- What kind of projects qualify as EB-5 projects and what should I think about when selecting one?
- How can I file for an H-1B extension after I receive approval on the I-485?
- As a developer, what are the benefits of using a EB-5 regional center to fund my deal?
- How do I know for certain that my spouse and other derivatives have been added to my EB-5 application?
- How long must an investor be involved with an EB-5 project after they receive their green card?
- What actions can I take if my I-526 is undergoing an extensive review?
- How late can an investor invest in an EB-5 project—for example, a project nearing completion?
- What options does the EB-5 program give me after my non-immigrant visa has been revoked?
- How long do I need to stay in the United States after a 6-month absence?
- How popular are medical research ventures in the EB-5 Program?
- What is the best economic model to use when developing an EB-5 project?
- What can I do to properly evaluate the success of my EB-5 project?
- How long does it usually take the I-485 to be approved after the combo card is sent?
- How would an F-1 application for an ELS program affect the EB-5 process?
- What happens if my business has to relocate outside of a TEA after my I-526 was approved?
- How do census tracts affect a targeted employment area designation in the EB-5 program?
- What are the risks of entering on an F-2 visa with the intent to adjust to EB-5?
- How are legislators dealing with the EB-5 visa number quota?
- How far back are source of funds traced with a bank loan?
- How do I add my fiance as a derivative after getting approval on the I-526?
- How can I appeal a 526 petition decision made by USCIS?
- How do I update the information on my DS-260?
- How does investing through an EB-5 Regional Center work?
- What is the difference between United States citizens and permanent residents?
- How could the proposed DHS regulations affect EB-5 investors priority date for refiled petitions?
- When should the business plan be written?
- What types of assets are used in determining my net worth?
- What does it mean to have a “conditional” Green Card?
- What are the educational requirements for an EB-5 investor?
- What do background checks through USCIS involve?
- How long can we wait to fully immigrate the United States after getting our green cards?
- How do I buy an Arizona EB-5 Regional Center?
- How long can an Indian national expect to wait for an update on their EB-5 Petition?
- How will my divorce affect my EB-5 application?
- What types of funds are appropriate for the EB-5 Program?
- What is the quickest way to naturalize after achieving permanent resident status?
- What resources are available to immigrants after getting their green cards?
- How will my international trips affect my ability to get U.S. citizenship?
- If I gift someone their EB-5 investment funds, what documentation do I have to provide to help them along in their application process?
- What is the possibility of a denial at the consular interview?
- How does an arrest on my record affect my application for the EB-5 program?
- When should I apply for a status change from M-1 to EB-5?
- What are the barriers the EB-5 legislation proposed by United States Senator John Cornyn faces?
- What resources are available for a disabled EB-5 immigrant in the United States?
- How do I sell my Regional Center?
- What are the chances of getting an F-1 visa while I am on OPT extension and my I-526 is pending? See details below.
- How long does USCIS take to process an I-131 travel document?
- How do equity loans work in the EB-5 Immigrant Investor Program?
- How can I count my ward as a derivative when filing for the EB-5 Immigrant Investor Program?
Verified EB-5 Investors
EB5 Investors Magazine and EB5investors.com Articles
In representing the developer, what comes first: EB-5 compliant project documentation or EB-5 funding?...
Edward Beshara discusses whether or not the concurrent filing process of the I-924 application for pre-approval and I-526 petition is legally or practicaly necessary....
Edward Beshara examines the financial and tax implications of making an EB-5 investment. ...