In representing the developer, what comes first: EB-5 compliant project documentation or EB-5 funding?...
About Ed Beshara
EB-5 immigration attorney Edward Beshara has focused exclusively on immigration law since 1983 and is currently the managing partner of Beshara, PA, located in Orlando, Fla. Attorney Beshara has helped individual and corporate clients from all over the world meet their U.S. immigration needs. He has assisted corporate clients and foreign national investors undergoing the EB-5 process since 1991 and has primarily concentrated on EB-5 Regional Center matters over the past few years.
Attorney Beshara is an active member of the Association to Invest in the USA (IIUSA), which is a trade organization of EB-5 Regional Centers, immigration attorneys, marketing brokers, business planners, and economists—where he currently serves on the Best Practices Committee. He also currently teaches business immigration law and practice as a professor at the University of Florida, Levin College of Law. Attorney Beshara also belongs to the Academy of International Business, which is a leading association of international business and legal professors whose members include prominent professors from Chinese universities.
Attorney Beshara remains extremely involved with all stages of the EB-5 process, including the filing and preparation of I-526 petitions (particularly source of funds), conditional permanent residency applications, I-829 petitions, regional center applications, project pre-approvals, and regional center amendments. To help with these EB-5 matters, attorney Beshara leads a team of exceptionally qualified corporate attorneys, business planners, economists, certified public accountants, and securities attorneys.
Edward Beshara has been the associated, preferred, or exclusive immigration attorney for more than 25 EB-5 projects and/or regional centers throughout the United States. While representing such clients, attorney Beshara personally attends meetings with the USCIS EB-5 unit year-round and attends hearings related to EB-5 legislation before the U.S. Congress. He is also an invaluable resource on the EB-5 program and has conducted presentations and seminars for organizations including the Chinese Chambers of Commerce, World Trade Center, American Immigration Lawyers Association, British Chamber of Commerce, Australian Chamber of Commerce, Artisan Business Group and other prominent international groups.
Attorney Beshara earned his Juris Doctor from the University of Florida and earned his LL.B. and B. Juris degrees from Monash University in Melbourne Australia, where he also pursued an LLM degree and lectured on business and corporate law. Currently a member of the Florida Bar Association, attorney Beshara was also admitted as a solicitor and barrister to the Victorian Bar in Australia. He has earned the highest possible “AV” rating as an international preeminent immigration attorney and is a past president of the American Immigration Lawyers Association. Attorney Beshara has overseen lobbying with U.S. congressmen and the Australian Embassy to achieve favorable legislation for Australian nationals seeking E-1, E-2, and E-3 visas. He has authored an immigration guide called Emigrating to the USA, which achieved worldwide distribution. Additionally, attorney Beshara has obtained international and national recognition for his work, has been named as among the best immigration lawyers in the United States and has earned AILA’s highest award for outstanding contributions.
Answers to EB-5 1084 Questions Answered
- How will missing due diligence info affect an EB-5 application?
- What is the status of dependents after I-526 approval?
- When can unmarried children over 21 get a green card?
- What is the definition of EB-5 investment?
- How will an EB-5 application affect CPT, OPT, and H-1B?
- How do I do due diligence on EB-5 regional center projects?
- When will the minimum EB-5 investment amount change?
- Which countries are restricted from the EB-5 visa?
- Who is required to create the 10 EB-5 jobs?
- What are the financial requirements for an EB-5 green card?
- What is considered a material change in an EB-5 project?
- How will an I-485 delay affect I-829 filing?
- How will EB-5 regional center termination affect an approved I-829?
- How will a brief period of unlawful presence affect an EB-5 application?
- What delays in EB-5 can a foreign-born Chinese citizen expect?
- How can derivatives obtain green cards without the main EB-5 applicant?
- How would a business apply for EB-5 exemplar status?
- How much of the EB-5 direct investment I can reserve for employees and rent?
- What effect will applying for EB-5 have on continuing my U.S. education?
- How can a franchisee meet EB-5 visa requirements?
- What are preapproved EB-5 regional center projects?
- How will a mental handicap affect EB-5 investment eligibility?
- What does it mean if an I-526 approval rate is below 100 percent?
- How safe can the EB 5 visa investment be?
- How can a E-2 investor eventually apply for EB-5?
- How does USCIS send out RFEs for investors in an EB-5 project?
- How many investments are acceptable for EB-5?
- When must a direct investor have an EB-5 business plan?
- What is the difference between an indirect and a direct EB-5 job?
- How will I know if my attorney has filed my EB-5 application?
- When can my son in the United States adjust his status?
- What status must EB-5 employees have to count toward the minimum 10?
- How can a Chinese investor avoid the EB-5 backlog?
- How will an EB-5 petition affect a filed family petition?
- What does the "Date for Filing" mean for Chinese EB-5 investors?
- What happens if we change from F-1 to F-2 while the I-526 is filed?
- How can an illegal immigrant in Canada apply for an EB-5 visa?
- Who can operate an EB-5 regional center?
- What are the term limits on EB-5 funding?
- How would an I-131 reentry permit affect a filed I-829?
- How can the consulate interview location be changed?
- How will the U.S. elections affect EB-5 applications?
- How do I find out the status of my EB-5 application?
- What are EB-5 migration agents?
- How many attorneys can I have on my EB-5 case?
- What approval does a business need join the EB-5 program?
- What are the possible ways I can participate in the EB-5 program?
- What is the difference between EB-5 project types?
- How do I invest through an EB-5 regional center?
- How can my son get his EB-5 conditional green card before me?
- When must I have the EB-5 funds ready in my bank account?
- What are the salary requirements for EB-5 employees?
- How can the EB-5 investor control the financial result of his investment?
- What are the various steps of the EB-5 process?
- What does it mean if no EB-5 visa number is available?
- What is the difference between the EB-5 and EB-3 visa?
- How can off-shore costs be included in the EB-5 investment amount?
- How can our family-owned business qualify for EB-5 investment?
- How can we count jobs from two EB-5 companies?
- What is the minimum investment through an EB-5 regional center?
- How do some EB-5 applicants get faster I-526 approval?
- When can an EB-5 investor file an I-756 application?
- What happens if the I-829 expires when the EB-5 applicant is abroad?
- How do I establish an EB-5 business before consular processing?
- How should EB-5 funds be gifted to avoid source of fund issues?
- What portion of the EB-5 investment can be inventory?
- How will applying for citizenship elsewhere affect an EB-5 application?
- What happens if our I-797 expires?
- Who reviews the EB-5 application at the I-485 stage?
- What information must an EB-5 company provide about subleased property?
- Who receives the EB-5 investment funds?
- When could I add a new spouse to my EB-5 application?
- How can a current student apply for the EB-5 visa?
- How can we apply for EB-5 with a pending EB-2 application?
- How will making an EB-5 investment affect H-1B status?
- How will merging two businesses affect TEA approval?
- What is the best visa type for a venture capitalist?
- Where must EB-5 dependents live during conditional residence?
- When must an EB-5 pooled investment be completed?
- How can a submitted EB-5 application be corrected?
- What happens if an EB-5 investor gets a job in the regional center?
- What are the EB-5 rules on equity versus a loan?
- Why is the wait time longer for Chinese EB-5 applicants?
- What are the fiduciary duties for EB-5 regional centers?
- How does USCIS regard employee turnover in an EB-5 business?
- How do additional family members affect an EB-5 petition?
- How do I know whether the L-1 or EB-5 visa is better?
- How long after receiving a loan can an investor apply for EB-5?
- What is the expected timeline after submitting the EB-5 application?
- How many EB-5 investors can a startup business have?
- How can a married couple apply for the EB-5 program?
- What is an EB-5 investment in a "rural" area?
- How will I know if my EB-5 investment at risk?
- What happens if an EB-5 investor cannot complete I-829 biometrics?
- How can I change from an asylum case to an EB-5 visa?
- How many visa types can a potential EB-5 investor apply for?
- How are EB-5 investors affected if the JCE goes bankrupt?
- How does the EB-5 visa program differ by U.S. state?
- How do I vet a specific EB-5 regional center project?
- How can an investor increase their involvement in an EB-5 project?
Verified EB-5 Investors
EB5 Investors Magazine and EB5investors.com Articles
Edward Beshara discusses whether or not the concurrent filing process of the I-924 application for pre-approval and I-526 petition is legally or practicaly necessary....
Edward Beshara examines the financial and tax implications of making an EB-5 investment. ...