Visa options of L1, E-1, E-2 among others for Chinese EB-5 investors while waiting for permanent residency....
About Ed Beshara
EB-5 immigration attorney Edward Beshara has focused exclusively on immigration law since 1983 and is currently the managing partner of Beshara, PA, located in Orlando, Fla. Attorney Beshara has helped individual and corporate clients from all over the world meet their U.S. immigration needs. He has assisted corporate clients and foreign national investors undergoing the EB-5 process since 1991 and has primarily concentrated on EB-5 Regional Center matters over the past few years.
Attorney Beshara is an active member of the Association to Invest in the USA (IIUSA), which is a trade organization of EB-5 Regional Centers, immigration attorneys, marketing brokers, business planners, and economists—where he currently serves on the Best Practices Committee. He also currently teaches business immigration law and practice as a professor at the University of Florida, Levin College of Law. Attorney Beshara also belongs to the Academy of International Business, which is a leading association of international business and legal professors whose members include prominent professors from Chinese universities.
Attorney Beshara remains extremely involved with all stages of the EB-5 process, including the filing and preparation of I-526 petitions (particularly source of funds), conditional permanent residency applications, I-829 petitions, regional center applications, project pre-approvals, and regional center amendments. To help with these EB-5 matters, attorney Beshara leads a team of exceptionally qualified corporate attorneys, business planners, economists, certified public accountants, and securities attorneys.
Edward Beshara has been the associated, preferred, or exclusive immigration attorney for more than 25 EB-5 projects and/or regional centers throughout the United States. While representing such clients, attorney Beshara personally attends meetings with the USCIS EB-5 unit year-round and attends hearings related to EB-5 legislation before the U.S. Congress. He is also an invaluable resource on the EB-5 program and has conducted presentations and seminars for organizations including the Chinese Chambers of Commerce, World Trade Center, American Immigration Lawyers Association, British Chamber of Commerce, Australian Chamber of Commerce, Artisan Business Group and other prominent international groups.
Attorney Beshara earned his Juris Doctor from the University of Florida and earned his LL.B. and B. Juris degrees from Monash University in Melbourne Australia, where he also pursued an LLM degree and lectured on business and corporate law. Currently a member of the Florida Bar Association, attorney Beshara was also admitted as a solicitor and barrister to the Victorian Bar in Australia. He has earned the highest possible “AV” rating as an international preeminent immigration attorney and is a past president of the American Immigration Lawyers Association. Attorney Beshara has overseen lobbying with U.S. congressmen and the Australian Embassy to achieve favorable legislation for Australian nationals seeking E-1, E-2, and E-3 visas. He has authored an immigration guide called Emigrating to the USA, which achieved worldwide distribution. Additionally, attorney Beshara has obtained international and national recognition for his work, has been named as among the best immigration lawyers in the United States and has earned AILA’s highest award for outstanding contributions.
Answers to EB-5 1152 Questions Answered
- How can I use the Saint Kitts and Nevis investment passport program or any other program to beat the EB-5 backlog for Chinese nationals?
- What restrictions are there on family members included on my EB-5 application?
- Can I change my E-2 visa to an EB-5?
- After filing F-1 visa STEM extension, how will applying an EB-5 visa affect that process?
- What comes next in the EB-5 process after my I-526 is approved and I receive my NVC case number?
- How can I transfer and L-1 visa to an EB-5 visa?
- Can I open a dental practice when I am in OPT or H-1B?
- How soon should we transport our family to the United States after EB-5 approval?
- How can I apply for an EB-5 visa and EB-3 visa at the same time?
- How free am I to travel while my I-829 is pending if I have an I-551 stamp?
- If the EB-5 Regional Center Program is set to expire, how long do we have to file our I-526s?
- How do I remove my child from the DS-260 Immigrant Visa Electronic Application?
- What kind of projects qualify as EB-5 projects and what should I think about when selecting one?
- How can I file for an H-1B extension after I receive approval on the I-485?
- As a developer, what are the benefits of using a EB-5 regional center to fund my deal?
- How do I know for certain that my spouse and other derivatives have been added to my EB-5 application?
- How long must an investor be involved with an EB-5 project after they receive their green card?
- What actions can I take if my I-526 is undergoing an extensive review?
- How late can an investor invest in an EB-5 project—for example, a project nearing completion?
- What options does the EB-5 program give me after my non-immigrant visa has been revoked?
- How long do I need to stay in the United States after a 6-month absence?
- How popular are medical research ventures in the EB-5 Program?
- What is the best economic model to use when developing an EB-5 project?
- What can I do to properly evaluate the success of my EB-5 project?
- How long does it usually take the I-485 to be approved after the combo card is sent?
- How would an F-1 application for an ELS program affect the EB-5 process?
- What happens if my business has to relocate outside of a TEA after my I-526 was approved?
- How do census tracts affect a targeted employment area designation in the EB-5 program?
- What are the risks of entering on an F-2 visa with the intent to adjust to EB-5?
- How are legislators dealing with the EB-5 visa number quota?
- How far back are source of funds traced with a bank loan?
- How do I add my fiance as a derivative after getting approval on the I-526?
- How can I appeal a 526 petition decision made by USCIS?
- How do I update the information on my DS-260?
- How does investing through an EB-5 Regional Center work?
- What is the difference between United States citizens and permanent residents?
- How could the proposed DHS regulations affect EB-5 investors priority date for refiled petitions?
- When should the business plan be written?
- What types of assets are used in determining my net worth?
- What does it mean to have a “conditional” Green Card?
- What are the educational requirements for an EB-5 investor?
- What do background checks through USCIS involve?
- How long can we wait to fully immigrate the United States after getting our green cards?
- How do I buy an Arizona EB-5 Regional Center?
- How long can an Indian national expect to wait for an update on their EB-5 Petition?
- How will my divorce affect my EB-5 application?
- What types of funds are appropriate for the EB-5 Program?
- What is the quickest way to naturalize after achieving permanent resident status?
- What resources are available to immigrants after getting their green cards?
- How will my international trips affect my ability to get U.S. citizenship?
- If I gift someone their EB-5 investment funds, what documentation do I have to provide to help them along in their application process?
- What is the possibility of a denial at the consular interview?
- How does an arrest on my record affect my application for the EB-5 program?
- When should I apply for a status change from M-1 to EB-5?
- What are the barriers the EB-5 legislation proposed by United States Senator John Cornyn faces?
- What resources are available for a disabled EB-5 immigrant in the United States?
- How do I sell my Regional Center?
- What are the chances of getting an F-1 visa while I am on OPT extension and my I-526 is pending? See details below.
- How long does USCIS take to process an I-131 travel document?
- How do equity loans work in the EB-5 Immigrant Investor Program?
- How can I count my ward as a derivative when filing for the EB-5 Immigrant Investor Program?
- How can I use a loan to make my EB-5 investment?
- How does USCIS adjudicate batches of I-526 petitions for a particular project?
- What are the immigration disadvantages of a late-stage project?
- Why would an I-130 RFE be rejected?
- How can a conditional permanent resident help their spouse get a green card?
- How does the approval of my I-526 affect my F-1 status?
- How can I revoke my EB-5 petition if I have no intention of getting a visa through the program?
- How will missing due diligence info affect an EB-5 application?
- What is the status of dependents after I-526 approval?
- When can unmarried children over 21 get a green card?
- What is the definition of EB-5 investment?
- How will an EB-5 application affect CPT, OPT, and H-1B?
- How do I do due diligence on EB-5 regional center projects?
- When will the minimum EB-5 investment amount change?
- Which countries are restricted from the EB-5 visa?
- Who is required to create the 10 EB-5 jobs?
- What are the financial requirements for an EB-5 green card?
- What is considered a material change in an EB-5 project?
- How will an I-485 delay affect I-829 filing?
- How will EB-5 regional center termination affect an approved I-829?
- How will a brief period of unlawful presence affect an EB-5 application?
- What delays in EB-5 can a foreign-born Chinese citizen expect?
- How can derivatives obtain green cards without the main EB-5 applicant?
- How would a business apply for EB-5 exemplar status?
- How much of the EB-5 direct investment I can reserve for employees and rent?
- What effect will applying for EB-5 have on continuing my U.S. education?
- How can a franchisee meet EB-5 visa requirements?
- What are preapproved EB-5 regional center projects?
- How will a mental handicap affect EB-5 investment eligibility?
- What does it mean if an I-526 approval rate is below 100 percent?
- How safe can the EB 5 visa investment be?
- How can a E-2 investor eventually apply for EB-5?
- How does USCIS send out RFEs for investors in an EB-5 project?
- How many investments are acceptable for EB-5?
- When must a direct investor have an EB-5 business plan?
- What is the difference between an indirect and a direct EB-5 job?
- How will I know if my attorney has filed my EB-5 application?
- When can my son in the United States adjust his status?
- What status must EB-5 employees have to count toward the minimum 10?
Verified EB-5 Investors
EB5 Investors Magazine and EB5investors.com Articles
In representing the developer, what comes first: EB-5 compliant project documentation or EB-5 funding?...
Edward Beshara discusses whether or not the concurrent filing process of the I-924 application for pre-approval and I-526 petition is legally or practicaly necessary....
Edward Beshara examines the financial and tax implications of making an EB-5 investment. ...