Visa options of L1, E-1, E-2 among others for Chinese EB-5 investors while waiting for permanent residency....
About Ed Beshara
EB-5 immigration attorney Edward Beshara has focused exclusively on immigration law since 1983 and is currently the managing partner of Beshara, PA, located in Orlando, Fla. Attorney Beshara has helped individual and corporate clients from all over the world meet their U.S. immigration needs. He has assisted corporate clients and foreign national investors undergoing the EB-5 process since 1991 and has primarily concentrated on EB-5 Regional Center matters over the past few years.
Attorney Beshara is an active member of the Association to Invest in the USA (IIUSA), which is a trade organization of EB-5 Regional Centers, immigration attorneys, marketing brokers, business planners, and economists—where he currently serves on the Best Practices Committee. He also currently teaches business immigration law and practice as a professor at the University of Florida, Levin College of Law. Attorney Beshara also belongs to the Academy of International Business, which is a leading association of international business and legal professors whose members include prominent professors from Chinese universities.
Attorney Beshara remains extremely involved with all stages of the EB-5 process, including the filing and preparation of I-526 petitions (particularly source of funds), conditional permanent residency applications, I-829 petitions, regional center applications, project pre-approvals, and regional center amendments. To help with these EB-5 matters, attorney Beshara leads a team of exceptionally qualified corporate attorneys, business planners, economists, certified public accountants, and securities attorneys.
Edward Beshara has been the associated, preferred, or exclusive immigration attorney for more than 25 EB-5 projects and/or regional centers throughout the United States. While representing such clients, attorney Beshara personally attends meetings with the USCIS EB-5 unit year-round and attends hearings related to EB-5 legislation before the U.S. Congress. He is also an invaluable resource on the EB-5 program and has conducted presentations and seminars for organizations including the Chinese Chambers of Commerce, World Trade Center, American Immigration Lawyers Association, British Chamber of Commerce, Australian Chamber of Commerce, Artisan Business Group and other prominent international groups.
Attorney Beshara earned his Juris Doctor from the University of Florida and earned his LL.B. and B. Juris degrees from Monash University in Melbourne Australia, where he also pursued an LLM degree and lectured on business and corporate law. Currently a member of the Florida Bar Association, attorney Beshara was also admitted as a solicitor and barrister to the Victorian Bar in Australia. He has earned the highest possible “AV” rating as an international preeminent immigration attorney and is a past president of the American Immigration Lawyers Association. Attorney Beshara has overseen lobbying with U.S. congressmen and the Australian Embassy to achieve favorable legislation for Australian nationals seeking E-1, E-2, and E-3 visas. He has authored an immigration guide called Emigrating to the USA, which achieved worldwide distribution. Additionally, attorney Beshara has obtained international and national recognition for his work, has been named as among the best immigration lawyers in the United States and has earned AILA’s highest award for outstanding contributions.
Answers to EB-5 1248 Questions Answered
- What is the required deposit schedule of the EB-5 investment capital?
- How can I keep my H1 status until I get a permanent green card?
- How would a project defaulting on bank loans influence my EB-5 petition?
- What are my rights as an EB-5 investor if I do not want my funds redeployed?
- What happens if a conditional permanent resident resides in the U.S. for five years and then receives an I-829 denial?
- How would I show source of EB-5 funds for lottery winnings?
- I received a NOID on my EB-5 application. What happens now?
- My case status has been changed to ‘updated your name for your form I-526.'' What does this mean?
- How will traveling affect the Consular Processing stage of my EB-5 application?
- How do conditional green card holders become citizens?
- How long does the EB-5 process take if conducted in the United States, as opposed to staying in my country of origin?
- When is the best time for Chinese national applicants to add their children to their EB-5 petition?
- How will two part-time jobs created by my EB-5 investment be counted?
- What broker fees will we have to pay to present our project to EB5 investors?
- When does the “5-year path to citizenship” in the EB-5 Program start?
- How can I invest in two separate urgent care centers as part of one EB-5 project?
- How can I remove myself from the immigration “blacklist” so I can apply for an EB-5 visa?
- How can I make the new commercial enterprise qualify for the Targeted Employment Area EB-5 investment amount if it is not currently located in a TEA?
- How does retroactively adding a derivative to an EB-5 application affect the process?
- How often should I update USCIS of changes in my chosen EB-5 Project?
- What EB-5 source of funds documents should I gather to account for wealth earned from my online store?
- How can I redeploy my EB-5 funds without affecting my I-829 approval?
- How should I go about moving my EB-5 project after receiving my conditional green card?
- How can an employee of an EB-5 project track the USCIS approval process?
- What kind of legal credentials should an EB-5 regional center hold?
- How are jobs created in a direct EB-5 investment distributed among partners?
- How can I use the capital from own company for EB-5 investment?
- What are USCIS requirements on the marital status of EB-5 dependents?
- How can dependents keep their green cards if the main EB-5 applicant pulls out of the process?
- What is the processing timeframe for EB-5 cases in projects with expedited exemplar approvals?
- How do I structure a business to get it approved as an EB-5 project?
- What investment vehicles are considered “at risk” by USCIS?
- What are the job retention requirement for the I-829 processing period?
- How does reinvesting my EB-5 investment affect job creation numbers?
- How can my dependent spouse be included in my I-829 if his I-485 is still pending?
- How can I apply for EB-5 if I overstayed my F-1 visa?
- How would EB-5 be impacted if there is a government shutdown?
- What impact does the travel ban have on EB-5 Investors?
- How can a direct EB-5 investor partner with a regional center without working through the regional center?
- If my H-1B has been denied, what is the next best immigration option for me?
- What are the chances I can return to H-1B status if my EB-5 I-829 is denied?
- If the DHS changes to the EB-5 Program go through, what will be the options for investors filing through Regional Centers or in TEAs?
- What is the best next step when you find out your I-526 application was submitted with mistakes?
- What happens to approved I-526 petitions if the EB5 program sunsets on Jan 19, 2018?
- How much can I travel with a pending I-485?
- What can an investor do if she loses her passport and attached I-551 stamp while traveling overseas?
- How to convert a hospitality construction project to an EB-5 Project?
- How will a force majeure impact an EB-5 petition?
- How do EB-5 investors manage direct EB-5 projects?
- What are the legal requirements of becoming an "EB-5 agent"?
- Why do I receive NVC visa processing notification while my priority date is yet to come?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of investing in a late-stage EB-5 project?
- How can I protect my personal information and investment records in an EB-5 application?
- What is the definition of "child" as dependent in EB-5?
- How do EB-5 investors prepare for consular post interview?
- What happens if my I-829 extension expires?
- How do I use gifted money as EB-5 capital?
- How soon can I file for EB-5 if I am on an H-1B?
- How does the EB-5 Program view hawala?
- How does an F-1 student visa holder file for their EB-5 immigrant visa once the I-526 is approved?
- Which expenses paid during the EB-5 process are tax deductible?
- How should an asylum applicant start the EB-5 process?
- What should I do if I-829 form has not been submitted by my attorney when the conditional green card expires?
- What is a 221(g) in the EB-5 process?
- What is the fate of EB5-5 after December 22, 2017?
- How long does the I-485 take to be approved?
- How would USCIS count jobs in the case of a direct EB-5 investment in a real estate and construction project?
- What happens when an F-2 applicant applies for the EB-5 Program?
- How soon would you have to change the I-485 after your spouse has won the DV lottery?
- How do I apply for the EB-5 Immigrant Investor Program as an investor?
- What restrictions are there on an EB-5 investor's family members' ability to work in the U.S.?
- What are the “accredited investor” requirements for the EB-5 Immigrant Investor Program?
- How can I manage my business while also applying for the EB-5 Program?
- What are the residence restrictions at the beginning of the EB-5 process?
- How can an investor check on the status of their project during the EB-5 process?
- Why do EB-5 investments need to be made “at-risk”?
- How long does the EB-5 process usually take?
- How would one investor dropping out of a project affect my EB-5 application?
- Can Cuban citizens who meet financial EB-5 requirements apply for the program without issue?
- How does USCIS handle Micropolitan Statistical Areas in the United States?
- Can investing in a fund of SBA 7(a) loans qualify as an EB-5 investment?
- What are the ramifications and implications of a SEC investigation on a regional center EB-5 project?
- What happens if my EB-5 visa expires before I can enter the United States?
- How do I withdraw my I-526 petition and investment funds so I can pursue EB1A?
- What are the responsibilities of the entrepreneur who finances part of his business using EB-5?
- How can a principal EB-5 applicant transfer the application to a family member?
- How long does it take to process the I-131 travel document?
- How can an equity investment qualify as an EB-5 investment?
- What does it mean when your Priority Date is current but visa numbers are unavailable?
- How do regional centers calculate interest rates for individual investors?
- How can I successfully apply for EB-5 when I am currently living in the United States, but out of status?
- Why do investors involved in the same EB-5 project get their green cards at different times?
- Who writes the business plan for an EB-5 direct investment?
- How does the EB-5 Program view 401k as a source of funds?
- What happens if the JCE does not maintain the required jobs for the EB-5 Program?
- How can I help my parents apply for the EB-5 Program?
- How can I use the Saint Kitts and Nevis investment passport program or any other program to beat the EB-5 backlog for Chinese nationals?
- What restrictions are there on family members included on my EB-5 application?
- Can I change my E-2 visa to an EB-5?
- After filing F-1 visa STEM extension, how will applying an EB-5 visa affect that process?
Verified EB-5 Investors
EB5 Investors Magazine and EB5investors.com Articles
In representing the developer, what comes first: EB-5 compliant project documentation or EB-5 funding?...
Edward Beshara discusses whether or not the concurrent filing process of the I-924 application for pre-approval and I-526 petition is legally or practicaly necessary....
Edward Beshara examines the financial and tax implications of making an EB-5 investment. ...