With a degree from a top school, Marko Issever thought he would have no challenges in finding his dream job after graduation. But he was wrong. Here, he shares his green card journey as a Middle Eastern graduate in United States and why it’s important for international students to explore the EB-5 option early on for best job opportunities....
About Marko Issever
Marko Issever joined Riverside Management Group as a Managing Director in May 2016 in order to, among other things, lead the firm’s EB-5 capital raising and placement activities, via its wholly owned subsidiary, BCW Securities LLC. Issever is also the Founder and CEO of America EB5 Visa, LLC, a company dedicated to connect EB-5 issuers of carefully evaluated projects to investors. He is also the founding partner of BH Capital Management, LLC, a real estate investment company that specializes in opportunities in development and investment.
Issever is currently a registered broker dealer with BCW Securities LLC.
Issever’s clients include EB-5 regional centers, real estate companies who plan to raise funding through the EB-5 process, and investors who are in search of projects to invest in as part of their EB-5-based immigration process.
Prior to joining the Riverside Management Group team and establishing America EB5 Visa and BH Capital Management, Issever served as a Managing Director at The Bank of New York Mellon Global & Capital Markets. In this capacity, he led the firm’s derivative business to financial institutions around the world. Issever has more than 30 years of Wall Street experience, and was a founding member of the derivative business in Sakura Global Capital.
Issever began his Wall Street career as a member of the Financial Strategies Group at Prudential Securities. There, he specialized in mortgage-backed security opportunities such as collateralized mortgage obligations, risk-controlled arbitrage transactions, along with other asset-backed securitizations, including policy holder loan securitization.
Issever received his MBA in finance and his MA in economics from The Wharton School of Business at The University of Pennsylvania. Prior to attending Wharton, he graduated from Boğazici Universitesi and Robert Kolej, located in Istanbul. He speaks Turkish (native) and Ladino Spanish fluently. Issever is a board member of the Manhattan Sephardic Congregation and the founding president of Aleph Learning Center. He holds series 7 & 63 securities licenses. Issever also speaks Hebrew.
BCW Securities LLC is a Member of the Securities Investor Protection Corporation.
Investors and regional centers may verify a broker-dealer’s registration status on https://brokercheck.finra.org/
FINRA’s internet home page, www.finra.org
SIPC’s internet home page, www.sipc.org
Disclaimer: BCW Securities LLC is a member of FINRA/SIPC while EB5Investors.com is NOT a broker/dealer. EB5Investors.com and BCW Securities LLC are NOT affiliated in any capacity. BCW Securities LLC does not pay or compensate EB5Investors.com for this website listing.
Answers to EB-5 406 Questions Answered
- What are some potential issues for an F-1 student with an approved I-526 to apply for OPT?
- How long does it usually take to launch an EB-5-compliant business?
- Which option is faster for my wife to enter the U.S., with a CR-1 visa or an EB-5 visa?
- How can franchise businesses use EB-5 capital?
- How can EB-5 investors invest in a real estate development project that is not connected with a regional center?
- How can an H-1b visa holder open a company then apply for an EB-5 visa?
- How long does it take from getting an I-526 approval to getting an EB-5 visa?
- What is the current waiting time for Indians to get an EB-5 visa?
- How is EB-5 investment capital taxed when investors get it back?
- How can I use an existing business to apply for EB-5?
- How long does it take to prepare an EB-5 case?
- How can I use income from Google AdSense for my EB-5 application?
- How can I use crowdfunded capital in my EB-5 application?
- How can I apply for EB-5 if my mother and sister have applied for asylum?
- How is the current situation in Hong Kong impacting the process for Hong Kong-born investors to get an EB-5 visa?
- What will happen to the investors if their regional centers get terminated by USCIS?
- How could a failed EB-5 case impact my current visa?
- How can a direct EB-5 business support the application of several foreign investors?
- How can I become a partner of an LLC as a tourist visa holder and later use it for EB-5?
- How can a reentry permit impact my ability to apply for U.S. citizenship?
- How can I apply for U.S. citizenship with a conditional green card?
- How could a change of investment projects impact the status of a dependent in an EB-5 case?
- How can I file an E-2 application and an EB-5 at the same time?
- How can a foreigner who has overstayed his tourist visa apply for EB-5?
- What is the process of getting the EB-5 capital back after I-829 approval?
- How can I strategically plan the timing of my EB-5 filing to meet the Nov. 21 deadline?
- How can I stay in the U.S. with an approved I-526 and an expired F-1 visa?
- What is the I-526 processing time for an Africa-born investor?
- What does it mean to be physically present in the U.S. while filing for I-131?
- How should investors interpret the job creation numbers on the form I-829?
- How can I return to the U.S. as a green card holder who has stayed outside the country for an extended period of time?
- How can I transfer my permanent residency application to the EB-3 category with a pending I-829?
- If my EB-5-based I-485 gets rejected, how long do I have before I must leave the U.S.?
- How can conditional green card holders apply for naturalization?
- How can I apply for EB-5 with a criminal record that has been removed?
- How can EB-5 investors apply for Obamacare?
- When will I be eligible to apply for U.S. citizenship?
- How can I run an EB-5 business on behalf of my relative who is an EB-5 investor?
- What happens to an EB-5 project if the unemployment rate of its TEA falls below 150% of the national average?
- What requirements should a business meet to qualify for EB-5?
- How long does it take USCIS to issue a receipt for an I-526 application?
- How can I apply for an I-131 re-entry permit outside the U.S.?
- How can I start a direct EB-5 investment with an H-1b visa?
- How should EB-5 investors read the visa bulletin?
- When can investors request to get their EB-5 investment funds back?
- How can I enter the country with a valid F-1 visa and a pending I-526 application?
- How can EB-5 investors protect their rights to equal employment opportunities?
- How can an EB-5 projects recruit more EB-5 investors than what was originally intended in the project business plan?
- What should I do if my adjustment of status application is rejected due to incorrect payment information?
- How can I correct a mistake in the DS-260 form during the EB-5 visa interview?
- What documents do I need to prove that I am an accredited investor for the EB-5 program?
- How should investors choose between EB-5 and E-2?
- How should investors arrange the timing of investment in EB-5?
- How can I file a renewal of advance parole with a pending I-485 and travel with an expiring advance parole?
- How could a pending I-526 case impact my ability to get an F-1 visa?
- How should an Indian investor weigh his options between EB-5 and EB-2?
- How can I file an EB-2 case if I already hold an EB-5-based conditional green card?
- How can I initiate an EB-5 application in the U.S. on a visitor visa?
- How can I apply for an H-1b visa with a pending EB-5 case?
- How can I get the time spent waiting for an I-485 to be approved count towards the 5-year citizenship requirement?
- How can an EB-5 investor and his dependent proceed with the I-485/DS-260 process separately?
- Should I be worried that I have not got any case updates for my advance parole application three months after USCIS received it?
- How long can I stay outside the U.S. while waiting for the I-826 to be processed?
- How long can EB-5 visa holders stay in the U.S.?
- How can I transfer my EB-2 priority date to my EB-5 application?
- What costs are included in an EB-5 investment?
- Can I clarify a mistake made on my DS-260 form during the EB-5 visa interview?
- Would my initial entry in the U.S. as a conditional green card holder be considered illegal if our I-829 application gets denied?
- Should I withdraw a risky I-829 application and pursue a green card with I-130?
- When do I need to fulfill the tax liabilities in the U.S. as an EB-5 investor?
- Is it possible to maintain residency requirements in both the U.S. and Canada at the same time?
- Can I withdraw a pending I-829 application and re-apply for another type of green card while in the U.S.?
- Can I enter the country with a visitor visa if I have a green card?
- What is the progress of the H.R. 1044 bill?
- How can I convert an existing business to an EB-5 investment?
- Why did the visa backlog happen and what are the solutions?
- Why did our EB-5 visa application get denied?
- How possible is it that a 10-year-old dependent will age out if an Indian investor participates in EB-5 now?
- How could an EB-5 application impact my ability to get a visitor visa?
- What are the restrictions on a G4 visa holder to apply for EB-5?
- When can I get a biometrics appointment?
- How can I prove the source of funds for inherited money?
- How can I get my green card back if it has been deemed abandoned?
- How could the H.R. 1044 bill impact EB-5 investors?
- Can I travel on an H-1B visa with an approved I-526 petition?
- Can I apply for an E-2 visa with a pending I-526?
- Will I have any issues applying for an H-4 visa with an approved I-526?
- How could the new price tag of EB-5 impact previous investors?
- What should I do to request a refund for my EB-5 investment?
- What are the tax liabilities of EB-5 investors?
- How should EB-5 investors choose regional centers to work with?
- What is the receipt date of my I-485 if the first application got denied?
- What happens if the primary EB-5 applicant passes away before the EB-5 process is completed?
- Can I adjust my status based on marriage if my I-829 gets denied?
- What are the minimum investment requirements for using a troubled business for EB-5?
- As an EB-5 investor with a pending I-829 petition, do I have to apply for renewal of my I-551 stamp immediately after it expires?
- Is escrow for the investment a USCIS requirement for EB-5?
- How long do I have to remain in the U.S. after receiving a green card through EB-5?
- Do I have to work with a regional center to raise EB-5 funds for my business?
- Does the petitioner count toward the job-creation requirement?
EB5 Investors Magazine and EB5investors.com Articles
How the plummeting lira impacted the Turkish EB-5 investors and what ripple effects it can have for EB-5 markets worldwide....