Why USCIS’ new policy alert on EB-5 redemption gives USCIS broad authority to find unfitting redemption agreements in petitions of immigrant investors....
About Kristal OzmunKristal Ozmun is a partner at the immigration practice group at Miller Mayer, a full-service legal consultancy based in Ithaca, New York.
Miller Mayer’s scope of legal practice includes immigration, employment, business and corporate law, intellectual property, family law, real estate, trusts and estates, and civil litigation.
The firm serves a global clientele in real estate, energy, education and health care, among other industries. Specializing in the EB-5 program, Ozmun advises regional centers on immigration, securities and corporate law compliance, USCIS designation and new commercial enterprise governance. As a legal counsel to many EB-5 investors, Ozmun assists investors throughout the entire process of immigrant and nonimmigrant visa applications.
Ozmun is a member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association. She authors articles and speaks broadly at various industry conferences on matters related to the EB-5 program and U.S. immigration.
Answers to EB-5 31 Questions Answered
- What happens with my consular processing for my EB-5 application if my country of residence change after I apply?
- How should EB-5 applicants from Hong Kong use the priority date, same as China?
- How would I switch from adjustment of status to consular processing on an I-526 petition?
- What can I do if NVC have not received my approved I-824 petition after 4 months？
- Can I start a new job with an expired conditional green card and a I-829 receipt?
- How can I transfer from an approved I-526 to an I-I30?
- How can I file a status change for EB-5 while on a B-1 visa?
- How can we file a I-485 petition while the I-526 is still pending?
- What are the alternative processes of I-290bs when the I-829 is denied?
- What happens if my I-829 is denied while I am traveling overseas?
- How can I apply for naturalization after my I-829 was denied?
- How will an EB-5 application impact my current L-1 visa?
- When can I start using my Eb-5 direct investment funds in my escrow account?
- How will an error on my G-28 form impact my EB-5 I-829 petition?
- What is the validity of the CPR of a dependent who is immigrating 2 years after the main applicant?
- How can I submit my Eb-5 investment after my application is approved so I don''t sell my assets in vain?
- How can an Indian native transfer the EB-5 investment to the U.S.?
- How long after an RFE response does it take for USCIS to adjudicate I-526?
- What should I do if my student visa is expiring soon and our EB-5 visa is still pending?
- What are my options if my I-829 18-month-extension is expiring soon?
- How can EB-5 dependents file I-829 separately from the main applicant?
- What are my options if my Eb-5 project fails and my I-829 is denied?
- When can I as an Indian native expect an approval of my I-526 petition?
- How can I postpone my biometric appointment and return to my country without jeopardizing my EB-5 process?
- How can I expedite the I-526 process when the NVC has not received my case file a year after approval?
- How can I expedite the I-829 filing receipt since my CPR is expiring soon?
- What is the timeline for loosing my status if my I-829 is denied?
- How can I apply for a re-entry permit virtually due to Covid-19?
- What should I do if I have not received my biometrics appointment after 10 weeks?
- What happens with a dependent of a pending I-829 if the principal applicant cannot keep his CPR status current?
- How can we apply for I-485 through EB-2 and EB-5 simultaneously?