About F Oliver Yang
F. Oliver Yang is an EB-5 immigration lawyer. He is a partner and co-head of the immigration practice at Reid & Wise, New York office.
Reid & Wise, LLC is an international law firm with that serves the US-China business corridor, with offices in New York, Los Angeles, and Shanghai.
Yang specializes in advising global clients on how to successfully apply for the EB-5 visa program, taking care of complex legal requirements such as how to build entities that create jobs. He also prepares and files I-526 petitions as well as I-829 condition removal petitions. He also advises clients on the E-2 treaty investor visa, H-1B, L-1, TN, PERM, consular processing and adjustment of status among many other things at his firm.
Before joining Reid & Wise, Yang was a senior associate in Klasko Immigration Law Partners, Philadelphia office. Prior to that, he practiced consumer bankruptcy and commercial litigation at Gohn, Hankey & Stichel, LLP, in Baltimore, Maryland. He previously interned for a U.S. bankruptcy judge and a Virginia House of Delegates member.
Yang earned his LL.B. from Renmin University of China Law School and received his Juris Doctor from the University of Virginia School of Law. He is recognized in the 2021 edition of Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch.
He has an active bar license in the states of Maryland and New Jersey.
Yang can speak with clients in English as well as in his native Mandarin.
Answers to EB-5 74 Questions Answered
- How does cross-chargeability work for EB-5 investors from China?
- Can the company I work for impact my EB-5 visa approval?
- Can we as EB-5 investors apply for advance parole under concurring filing?
- What happens when two I-485 applications are ready to adjudicate?
- What is the guidance for I-485 filing for existing EB-5 investors with pending i-526?
- How can I transfer from E2 status to EB-5 with concurrent filing?
- How can I marry my Indian girlfriend without jeopardizing my conditional EB-5 green card and pending I-829?
- Are there any I-526 based EAD work restrictions for an EB-5 investor?
- Can I submit I-485 if I already filed DS-260 for my EB-5 case?
- When can I legally add my spouse to my EB-5 petition?
- How can I add my spouse to my existing EB-5 I-526 application?
- How can I proceed if I qualify for a naturalization test while waiting for I-829 approval for EB-5?
- If the EB-5 main petitioner died while I-829 is pending, can the spouse and adult child still get approval?
- How can I maintain my H1 until I get through theI-829 stage of EB-5?
- What is the impact of our EB-5 application to my son''s F-1 visa?
- Will my child have aged-out during the EB-5 lapse?
- What happens if I have multiple I-485s for EB-5 and EB-2?
- What should I do now when the EB-5 is reauthorized and my files have been stuck at the US consulate in India because of Covid and the lapse?
- Can I keep both my EB-5 green card and my marriage green card when both are conditional?
- With an EB-5 I-526 pending, is it possible to apply for an E-2 visa?
- What is the process with an approved direct EB-5 I-526 but with an expiring non immigrant E2 visa?
- What if I let my Eb-5 conditional permanent residency expire and apply for a green card though marriage in the U.S.?
- How can I as an EB-5 investor travel during the lapse of the regional center program?
- How can a pending EB-5 investor apply for B1/B2 visas for the holidays?
- How can I still work and travel abroad despite the EB-5 program being in limbo if I have an approved EAD /AP combo card?
- What happens now since I and my wife did not file the I-829 together for EB-5?
- What is the I-526 RFE response time for EB-5?
- How can I renew my immigration visa when the EB-5 regional center program is not reauthorized?
- My I-829 18-month-extension is expiring while I am outside of the US for over 6 months. Can I still re-enter the country to get an extension?
- How can I make my EB-5 investment in an existing company?
- How can we submit an additional 290b if my I-829 was denied for EB-5?
- Do investments made before my EB-5 application count?
- How can I renew my combo card while the EB-5 regional center program is on hold?
- Is it worth filing a mandamus in our EB-5 case to prevent our child from aging out?
- How long is the RFE processing times for EB-5?
- How can I use an unsecured loan for my EB-5 visa investment?
- How exactly is the EB-5 aging out process calculated according to CSPA?
- How can I remain in the US while my change of status is pending during the EB-5 RC program lapse?
- How can I travel outside of the US with a passport stamp for EB-5 but without an actual green card?
- How can I apply for an EB-5 visa while my F2B application is pending?
- How can I add my spouse and change to consular processing for my direct EB-5 application?
- When will the U.S. open their consulates in China again for EB-5 processing?
- How can I use cryptocurrency for my EB-5 visa investment?
- What happens with my status since my I-829 receipt expires soon and I am unable to schedule an info pass appointment?
- Can I as an Afghan investor get priority for EB-5 due to the circumstances in my country?
- How can I start a business while I am on a conditional green card for EB-5?
- What is happening with my pending I-526 form through an EB-5 Regional Center?
- What happens if my I-485 for my EB-5 visa is rejected while I am on an F-1 visa?
- How can I file my I-526 petition before I invest the total $1 million direct EB-5 investment?
- When can an EB-5 dependent travel to the US after consular processing approval?
- At what point in the EB-5 process can I withdraw from my investment?
- How can same-sex married couples apply for EB-5 on the same application?
- How can I set my EB-5 visa interview in the U.S. since I cannot get back to my country because of Covid restrictions?
- How can I remove a dependent from my I-829 petition for EB-5?
- What is my legal status while my I-485 for EB-5 is pending but the EB-5 RC program is on hold?
- Is my conditional green card status illegal now that the EB-5 regional center program is on hold?
- What happens if the company filed bankruptcy after I filed I-485 for my EB-5 visa?
- How can I apply for a green card under EB-5 via direct investment when I am currently on H1B?
- Can my brother, who is a U.S. citizen, gift me funds for my direct EB-5 visa and also be a partner in the business?
- How will the lapse of the EB-5 regional center program affect my ability to seek an extension of my I-829 18 month receipt from USCIS?
- How can we file for I-829 for EB-5 before our conditional green cards expire if we have no time to get a social security number?
- What happens with my EB-5 application now when Vietnam is current in the August visa bulletin?
- Will my dependent child face student visa issues with an approved I-526 but before NVC contact?
- What happens if I lose my L-2 visa status given that the EB-5 regional center program has lapsed?
- Do I file a DS-260 form or an I-485 form for my EB-5 application if my kids are already studying in the U.S.?
- What do I need to prepare to file my I-829 petition for EB-5?
- How will it impact future visa applications if my visa was revoked due to EB-5 fraud?
- How can I file an EB-3 based 10-year green card when I already have an EB-5 based conditional green card?
- How can we use our E-2 business to get an EB-5 visa?
- Do I need to maintain in TN visa status when my I-485 for EB-5 is pending?
- Can I add my spouse to my EB-5 application later if I indicated "No" to "Applying for Visa Abroad" in I-526?
- What happens after I file my I-824 for EB-5 and how long is the process to get the EB-5 visa?
- How can I change my EB-5 consular processing from Pakistan to UAE without causing delays?
- How can I apply for EB-5 as an F-1 visa holder without leaving the United States?