About Denyse Sabagh
Denyse Sabagh is an EB-5 immigration attorney and the head of the immigration practice group for Duane Morris LLP, a global law firm with a team of over 700 attorneys from across the world. Attorney Sabagh focuses on the areas of nationality and immigration law and litigation. She has represented a diverse clientele for over 25 years, including corporations seeking both outbound and inbound employment-based immigration. Attorney Sabagh has been recognized as a leader in implementing strategic immigration policies and programs for businesses.
Attorney Sabagh has earned widespread praise for her contributions to the immigration and nationality law field. She was named as one of the Top 15 for Immigration Law by Human Resources Magazine in 2010. She was listed as one of Washington, D.C.’s 30 “Stars of the Bar” by Washingtonian Magazine in 2009. She was listed in Chambers USA and Chambers Global as being one of America’s Leading Business Lawyers each year from 2006 through 2011. She also earned the American-Arab Anti-Discrimination Committee’s Rose Bouziane Award in 2006.
Attorney Sabagh serves on the Board of Governors for the American Immigration Lawyers Association and has served as both general counsel and past national president of the organization. She is on the board of directors of the National Capital Area Chapter of the American Civil Liberties Union, is the former chair of the Fairfax County Bar Association’s Continuing Legal Education Committee, and is a former member of the American Bar Association’s Coordinating Committee on Immigration Law.
Attorney Sabagh earned her law degree from George Mason University Law School in 1977, after earning her undergraduate degree from the University of Maryland. She is a member of the Fairfax County, Arlington County, Virginia State, and District of Columbia bar associations.
Answers to EB-5 73 Questions Answered
- How does cross-chargeability work for EB-5 applicants?
- Who is responsible for reviewing each stage of the EB-5 application?
- How can an F-1 holder with a pending I-526 reenter the United States?
- What are the residency rules for dependents of EB-5 investors?
- What are the EB-5 source of funds requirements for domestic capital?
- What happens if my I-94 expires while my I-485 is still pending?
- How can my children finish school after applying for EB-5?
- What benefits will my family have as EB-5 conditional permanent residents?
- How can I apply for EB-5 if I am out of status in another country?
- How can an EB-5 investor keep their funds secure in escrow?
- How will EB-5 program changes affect a case with a file number?
- When can an EB-5 regional center be terminated by USCIS?
- What qualifications should an EB-5 immigration attorney have?
- How safe is an EB-5 investment?
- Where can we live when immigrating through EB-5?
- What is the I-829 approval rate for the EB-5 program?
- How can my fiance receive a green card through my EB-5 application?
- How can I perform due diligence on EB-5 projects for my son''s visa application?
- What happens if a conditional permanent resident leaves the U.S. for six months?
- How can I apply for EB-5 if I already applied for an investor visa in another country?
- How will a criminal record affect my EB-5 visa eligibility?
- Do I have to show proof of funds for a house purchased 10 years ago?
- How can my wife change from F-1 to F-2 during the EB-5 visa waiting period?
- How long should I wait to obtain information about my EB-5 case from the NVC?
- How can I file form I-130 before our I-829 petition is approved?
- How can money for an EB-5 investment be gifted from the United States?
- When does an EB-5 investor become a U.S. taxpayer?
- How will my EB-5 application be affected if I change immigration attorneys?
- How does USCIS determine eligible family members of an EB-5 investor?
- What is EB-5 regional center preapproval?
- When should mandamus action be taken against the USCIS?
- How do I maintain valid status once I am on OPT and my I-526 is approved?
- When are EB-5 funds transferred into the escrow account and released?
- What are the geographic requirements for becoming a regional center?
- How does return of EB-5 funds work when an I-526 is declined, and when it is approved?
- How will the EB-5 visa cut-off for China affect I-526 processing?
- How does the USCIS determine if I am in “good health” for the EB-5 visa?
- How do I apply for the EB-5 program if I’m currently a dual citizen?
- What limitations are there on regional center project radius?
- What happens if a child is conceived after the EB-5 process begins?
- What does the EB-5 medical examination require?
- How do I verify if an EB-5 project is exemplar, actual or hypothetical?
- How can an investor apply for the EB-5 visa if they are not fluent in English?
- How are private and government-run regional centers different?
- How can I use both an L1-A visa and the EB-5 visa to receive my permanent residency more quickly?
- What financial limitations are there on an EB-5 investor’s funds?
- What are the EB-5 requirements for someone who just renounced their current citizenship and became a citizen of a new nation?
- How has the extreme circumstances exception been interpreted?
- What issues will there be with an EB-5 project that initially used bridge financing?
- How can I apply for an EB-5 visa with my spouse after both starting the EB-2 green card process?
- How does H-1B visa intent affect participation in a direct EB-5 project?
- What additional source of funds documents are needed when submitting a new I-526?
- How do taxes on gifts affect EB-5 investment?
- What does USCIS look for when examining project documents?
- What is the minimum stay requirement after a green card is issued?
- What are alternate options if my EB-5 application is denied?
- How do I find a law firm for an H-1B visa?
- Should I have the same attorney for all EB-5 applications?
- How does my family apply for EB-5 from our home country?
- How can I get visa as a non-principal investor?
- What happens if my I-829 does not get approved?
- What is needed to complete my I-485 petition?
- What is a conditional green card?
- Can you recoup your EB-5 investment if your green card is denied?
- Do I need a sponsor for an EB-5 green card?
- Can I use EB-5 investment capital to invest in a holding company?
- Does USCIS give a receipt upon receiving EB-5 visa materials?
- Are EB-5 visas still being issued?
- Why is it difficult to get an EB-5 troubled business approved?
- How can I become an EB-5 immigration agent?
- Can investments made in multiple projects qualify for the EB-5 Visa Program?
- How are fired employees counted towards EB-5 job creation requirements?
- Do EB-5 visa investors get their investments back from the Regional Center?