Will the $500,000 minumum investment in an EB-5 Targeted Employment Area increase?...
About Mona Shah
EB-5 immigration attorney Mona Shah is the leading attorney at Mona Shah & Associates located in New York. Attorney Shah was originally born in the United Kingdom. She graduated nearly two decades ago in England from University of Northumbria. Three years after graduation, she was granted Solicitor of the Supreme Court of England and Wales. In 1997, she was eligible for the U.S. Federal Bar and New York Bar.
Prior to attorney Shah’s crown prosecutor appointment from the British Crown Prosecution Service, she worked with a number of law firms in England. Through her experiences, she became skilled in the management of intricate cases. Attorney Shah started a firm in New York City two years after moving to the city in 1995. The law firm manages legal related issues for clients across the globe. Mona Shah & Associates also has an affiliate office located in London, which permits her to represent clients from South Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
Attorney Shah has more than 17 years of experience in practicing law and has dedicated a majority of her legal career to U.S. family and immigration law. Attorney Shah possesses abundant knowledge of all aspects of U.S. immigration law and her skill ranges from business petitions to more complicated deportation litigation. Mona Shah & Associates serves business, individual and high profile clients from across the globe.
Attorney Shah has immense experience and skill in EB-5 related issues and practice. She has direct background in starting up and launching EB-5 Regional Centers and also provides exceptional assistance in multifaceted immigration issues that include non-regional center investor matters.
Attorney Shah is one of the creators of New York City Regional Center. She also founded the New York Immigration Fund Regional Center; and her firm even exclusively managed a hotel project located in Times Square. Attorney Shah and her team are fully capable of handling petitions from EB-5 investors in regards to regional centers.
Attorney Shah’s considerable legal experience consists of representing clients in federal and state courts. She has practiced law in more than nine states and the District of Columbia.
Answers to EB-5 75 Questions Answered
- How soon can I file for EB-5 if I am on an H-1B?
- How are investors allowed to allocate investment funds in a direct EB-5 investment?
- How can I stay in the U.S. legally while my EB-5 application is processing?
- What is causing the surge of EB-5 investors from India?
- What qualifications should an EB-5 immigration attorney have?
- Where can we live when immigrating through EB-5?
- How safe is an EB-5 investment?
- How can I change my E-2 to EB-5 if I have a waiver of ineligibility?
- What are some of the characteristics of a viable EB-5 project?
- How can I use money earned in the U.S. toward an EB-5 investment?
- How can principals in a Chinese-U.S. joint venture use their project to become EB-5 investors?
- How can I find direct investment projects?
- Can EB-5 be sponsored by a family member?
- How do I choose a good regional center?
- What types of businesses qualify for EB-5 capital?
- What is the risk of preparing my own I-829 petition?
- How do I file a complaint against a Regional Center?
- Can we get another visa while awaiting EB-5 visa?
- Do I need an attorney to apply for an EB-5 visa?
- Can we pool EB-5 investments?
- Can non-profit hospitals be funded through the EB-5 program?
- Can I use rental income for the EB-5 Program?
- Why does I-924 takes from targeted 4 month to 9 month?
- Do you need to have an EB-5 Project in order to start your own Regional Center?
- Will my family have to move to the US if I participate in the EB-5 Program?
- Do I need to reside in the US after the EB5 visa is approved?
- How much does it cost to establish an EB-5 regional center?
- Can I apply for an EB-5 Visa while in the US on an E3 Visa?
- Can you recoup your EB-5 investment if your green card is denied?
- What is the benefit of investing in an EB-5 Regional Center?
- Can a secured loan be used to fund an EB5 visa investment?
- How do I find a qualified EB-5 attorney?
- Can I waive the two year home country presence requirements for an EB-5 visa?
- How are Seasonal Employees counted towards job creation in the EB-5 Visa Program?
- Do all immigrant investors have to invest through EB-5 Regional Centers?
- What are the most common problems that EB-5 visa applicants face?
- What are job creation requirements in EB-5 projects involving expanding businesses?
- Can I use EB-5 investment capital to invest in a holding company?
- Can funds from a parent in the U.S. be used for an EB-5 visa?
- What is the processing time for the I-526 application?
- Can investors from Vietnam participate in the EB-5 visa program?
- Can an illegal immigrant qualify for an EB-5 visa?
- How do I make a safe EB-5 investment?
- Would an EB-5 visa be a good option?
- How do I attract EB-5 investors?
- Is there a limit on the number of projects an EB-5 Regional Center can have?
- Why are EB-5 investments regulated by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)?
- What types of EB-5 projects get approved?
- Where can I find a list of EB-5 projects?
- Will I have to go to an embassy interview to get an EB-5 visa?
- How long do EB-5 jobs need to be created for?
- How do I know whether or not an EB-5 project is part of a Regional Center?
- What is the processing time for the I-526 Petition?
- Does the entire EB-5 investment amount have to be made before filing the I-526?
- When are EB-5 investments available to the business?
- Are EB-5 visas still being issued?
- Do I need to declare taxes on an EB-5 investment that was gifted from my parents?
- Can I get my EB-5 visa if there are money transfer limits?
- How long does it take to get a green card from the EB-5 program?
- What kind of attorney do I need to create an EB-5 Regional Center?
- Can non-accredited investors participate in the EB-5 program?
- Can EB-5 investors fund residential development?
- Can an EB-5 green card be granted to the partners managing a company?
- Is there a list of investors interested in the EB-5 program?
- How can investors from Middle Eastern tax free havens participate in the EB-5 program?
- Can I use a gift to get my EB-5 visa?
- What is the restriction on the number of Chinese EB-5 applicants?
- Can people from any country get an EB-5 visa?
- What documents are used for the trace of funds in the EB-5 Program?
- Can my wife and I used combined funds for the EB-5 Visa Program?
- Does the government provide financing options for EB-5 visa applicants?
- How can you prove source of funds for gifts in the EB-5 program?
- What is the difference between U.S. citizenship and permanent residency?
- What is an EB-5 project?
- How do I know which EB-5 Regional Center I can invest in?
Verified EB-5 Investors
EB5 Investors Magazine and EB5investors.com Articles
An EB-5 investment must be "at risk," but what exactly does "at risk" mean? Mona Shah and Yi Song explain....
A look at how and why real estate has become so popular in EB-5....
Mona Shah and Yi Song discuss the policies regarding the purchasing or renting of a regional center....