About Hassan Elkhalil
Hassan Elkhalil is an immigration attorney. He is the founder of Elkhalil Law P.C., based in Atlanta, Georgia.
The firm, founded in 1999, provides various immigration and business law matters. It also consults on EB-5 immigrant investor visas and international law. Elkhalil Law acts as corporate counsel for small- to medium-sized companies, engaging in negotiation, preparing contracts, lease agreements and other types of arrangements.
Elkhalil has been practicing law for 18 years and has a professional background in business consulting. Born in Lebanon, he frequently works with clients from the Middle East and North Africa, serving as their first point of contact in the United States. He is knowledgeable about those regions to help clients achieve their goals.
Throughout his career, Elkhalil has worked with people from more than 100 countries. He has provided training and consulting to companies in Europe, Africa and the Middle East. Elkhalil has a bachelor’s degree in political science from the University of Tennessee, Knoxville, a J.D. from John Marshall Law School and an LL.M. in alternative dispute resolution from the University of Missouri School of Law. He is a member of the American Bar Association and the American Immigration Lawyers Association. He also a frequent guest speaker at seminars and published author.
Elkhalil speaks Arabic and English.
Answers to EB-5 46 Questions Answered
- Is it possible to transfer the EB-2 priority date to my EB-5 application?
- What’s the tax implication on the gifted EB-5 funds?
- How should I start the application for U.S. citizenship?
- How can I get biometrics done for my re-entry permit application with a walk-in appointment?
- Should EB-5 dependents file I-829s concurrently with the principal applicant if their green cards are issued at different times?
- How long is a re-entry permit valid for?
- Can I travel outside the U.S. with my student visa while my I-485 is pending?
- Are jobs created before the adjudication of an I-526 application qualifies for EB-5?
- Should I file an EB-5 I-485 when I have an EB-1 I-485 case pending?
- How do EB-5 investors get their social security numbers?
- Which type of visa should I apply for to enter the U.S. to conduct due diligence on the regional center projects that I am interested in?
- How could a previous criminal record impact my eligibility for EB-5?
- How can I add my new wife to my EB-5 application if I already have a visa interview scheduled?
- How can I make my development plan EB-5 eligible?
- Is it a good idea to add children who are almost 21 years old to an EB-5 application?
- Can I travel in and out of the U.S. with a valid tourist visa and a pending E-2 application?
- What should I do if I find mistakes in my EB-5 filing?
- How long does it take to adjudicate an I-526 after it is assigned to an officer?
- Does the new commercial enterprise have to create jobs before its investors receive the conditional green card or after?
- Can I apply for EB-5 if I have a pending asylum application?
- How should an EB-5 dependent who needs a J-1 waiver file for permanent residency?
- How should I-829 applications be filed if the conditional permanent residency of the principal applicant and the dependent are approved at different?
- Why is my I-526 still pending after 37 months?
- How could a pending EB-5 application impact my TN status?
- How are EB-5 investors notified when their I-526 applications are approved?
- What should I do if the adjudication of my I-526 is outside the normal time frame?
- Do I need to make significant changes to an existing business to qualify for EB-5?
- What are the tax consequences of opening a U.S. bank account for a prospective EB-5 investor?
- What are considered significant changes in an EB-5 project?
- Will my children who were born in mainland China be subject to the EB-5 retrogression?
- Can I change status from B1/B2 to E2 with a pending EB-5 case?
- How many times can I use my EB-5 visa to enter the U.S.?
- What type of attorneys should we look for if things go wrong with my EB-5 case?
- Can I invest in the company that sponsors me for an H-1b visa and apply for EB-5?
- What happens to the EB-5 investors if the new commercial enterprise is sold to another company?
- Why are two I-526 cases adjudicated differently for applications filed at the same time?
- What happens to an EB-5 dependent who turns 21 years old during consulate processing?
- If the government shutdown happens again, how would it affect the pending DS-260 applications?
- Which investment route of EB-5 could let me enter the U.S. faster, a regional center project or a direct investment?
- How can I take advantage of both EB-5 and Opportunity Zone policies?
- How can I use part of an E-2 business to apply for EB-5?
- What is needed for an EB-5 enterprise to sponsor an employment-based green card?
- What happens to my EB-5 case if the JCE is acquired by another company before I get my conditional green card?
- How long does it take to get my passport back after the EB-5 visa interview?
- What is a good strategy for a pooled EB-5 direct investment project to allocate jobs to investors?
- When could the EB-5 visa backlog start to impact Indian nationals?