About Charles H Kuck
Charles H. Kuck is an EB-5 immigration attorney and the managing partner of the immigration law firm of Kuck Baxter Immigration Partners, LLC, located in Atlanta. In addition to managing this nationwide law firm, Attorney Kuck concentrates his practice on international migration matters and U.S. nationality and immigration law. His practice includes assisting employees and employers with consular representation, labor certifications, professional visas, citizenship and immigration visa matters for foreign professionals, managers and skilled workers. He has represented immigrants in over 600 trials in immigration court and keeps an active immigration practice in various federal courts. Kuck’s clients include entrepreneurs, individual investors, multinational corporations, manufacturers, technology firms, asylum seekers and individual immigrants. He also assists employers in maintaining immigration compliance and verifying new employer work eligibility under the I-9 provisions.
Kuck is a former president of the American Immigration Lawyers Association. He, additionally, served on the organization’s National Executive Committee, Board of Governors, was chair of the Atlanta chapter and was also the national chair of the Young Lawyers Division. He also currently serves as the national secretary for the Academy of Business Immigration Lawyers and was a founding fellow of the Academy. Kuck has taught advanced and introductory law seminars as an adjunct professor at the Georgia School of Law since 1999.
Kuck has earned widespread praise for his contributions to immigration law. He earned the Joseph F. Minsky Young Lawyer Award for Outstanding Contributions to the Practice of Immigration Law in 1999. He earned the Benjamin Landey Pro Bono Award in 2000 from Catholic Social Services. Georgia Trend magazine named Kuck as one of the “100 Most Influential Georgians” in 2011. He was also selected as a “Super Lawyer” in Atlanta Magazine and is listed as one of the world’s leading business lawyers in Chambers Global, as one of America’s leading business lawyers in Chambers USA and is listed in Best Lawyers in America.
Kuck earned his undergraduate degree in 1986 from Brigham Young University and his law degree in 1989 from Arizona State University Law School, where he graduated cum laude. He is admitted to practice in Arizona, Washington, D.C. and Georgia. He has frequently appeared on National Public Radio, MSNBC, CNBC, FoxNews and CBS and has been quoted in publications including the Washington Post, New York Times, Los Angeles Times, Wall Street Journal, Miami Herald, New Yorker, National Journal, Business Week and Atlanta Journal Constitution.
Answers to EB-5 104 Questions Answered
- What happens to children of principal EB-5 applicants who turn 21 while the case is pending?
- When is a reentry permit required for EB-5 investors?
- How can a franchisee meet EB-5 visa requirements?
- When can I return funds gifted for an EB-5 investment?
- When does the two year conditional residence start?
- When can I file an EB-5 application if I overstayed my visa?
- How extensive is the EB-5 visa background check?
- How should EB-5 funds be gifted to avoid source of fund issues?
- How can my son get his EB-5 conditional green card before me?
- When must I have the EB-5 funds ready in my bank account?
- How can the EB-5 investor control the financial result of his investment?
- What are the salary requirements for EB-5 employees?
- How will an EB-5 petition affect a filed family petition?
- How can an illegal immigrant in Canada apply for an EB-5 visa?
- How will I know if my attorney has filed my EB-5 application?
- What is the difference between an indirect and a direct EB-5 job?
- When must a direct investor have an EB-5 business plan?
- How can a E-2 investor eventually apply for EB-5?
- How many investments are acceptable for EB-5?
- Which countries are restricted from the EB-5 visa?
- When will the minimum EB-5 investment amount change?
- Who is required to create the 10 EB-5 jobs?
- How will an EB-5 application affect CPT, OPT, and H-1B?
- How do I do due diligence on EB-5 regional center projects?
- How can a conditional permanent resident apply for citizenship?
- When can I get my EB-5 investment back?
- How much of the business must the EB-5 investor own?
- How will a delay in I-485 processing impact the I-829?
- What is the next step after EB-5 petition denial?
- How many other EB-5 investors will be in a regional center project?
- How will an EB-5 visa help dependents who have overstayed?
- How does a direct EB-5 investor get a TEA certified?
- When can I add my husband to my EB-5 application?
- What happens if I make two EB-5 investments?
- Why would our attorney not advise us to apply for EB-5?
- How would denial of a tourist visa renewal affect an EB-5 petition?
- What may disqualify a visa holder from applying for EB-5?
- How can we advance an EB-5 case affected by the 1998 AAO decisions?
- How can a same-sex partner also get an EB-5 visa?
- How can an EB-5 applicant on an expired OPT extension stay in the U.S.?
- When does an EB-5 permanent green card expire?
- What are the consequences of an EB-5 investor submitting false info?
- How will previously living illegally in the United States affect my EB-5 visa eligibility?
- How will the EB-5 visa cut-off for China affect I-526 processing?
- How big can a regional center be?
- How will a prior denial affect I-526 processing?
- How can I loan my son money for EB-5?
- How much will the EB-5 program cost?
- What restrictions are there for the origin of EB-5 funds?
- How much money should I have in escrow?
- Will the minimum amount for EB-5 ever be increased?
- How do drug charges affect EB-5 eligibility?
- What is the standard for loan repayment?
- How does deportation history affect EB-5?
- Do I already need to have 10 employees at the time of initial investment?
- How can I apply for EB-5 if I''ve been rejected for other visas?
- How does a child born during the EB5 process get a green card?
- Does the entire investment need to be made at the time of filing?
- Does the applicant need to physically live in the United States for the entire EB-5 process?
- How can Canadians navigate EB-5?
- How do I choose an immigration lawyer?
- Do I have to live in the United States permanently?
- How long before I can move to USA?
- What tuition will my child pay as an EB-5 dependent?
- How can I transition from EB2 to EB5?
- How can I apply for EB-5 while on OPT?
- What is needed to show EB-5 job creation?
- What are the qualities of a good Regional Center?
- Why do companies choose certain attorneys for EB-5 investors?
- How is the EB-5 investor affected if the required jobs are not created?
- How can I apply for EB-5 visa if I have an F-1 student visa?
- How can I get an EB-5 visa if I have a B1/B2 visa?
- Can my company make a qualified EB-5 investment?
- Can an illegal immigrant qualify for an EB-5 visa?
- Can I maintain my green card petition after a failed EB-5 project?
- Would an EB-5 visa be a good option?
- How do I know whether or not an EB-5 project is part of a Regional Center?
- Can people from any country get an EB-5 visa?
- Is there a limit on the number of projects an EB-5 Regional Center can have?
- When can I move to the United States in the EB-5 visa process?
- How can I determine if my EB-5 project will qualify for TEA designation?
- Can an EB-5 investor be employed for compensation at the business they invest in?
- How do I know which EB-5 Regional Centers have approved I-829s?
- Will I have to pay taxes if I am an investor in the EB-5 visa program?
- Is an equity or debt investment better for the EB-5 visa program?
- Does the government provide financing options for EB-5 visa applicants?
- How can you prove source of funds for gifts in the EB-5 program?
- What documents are used for the trace of funds in the EB-5 Program?
- Can my wife and I used combined funds for the EB-5 Visa Program?
- Do you have to live near the EB-5 Regional Center that you invest in?
- Do I have to be an accredited investor to qualify for an EB-5 Visa?
- Can I stay in the U.S. while going through the EB-5 program?
- Which family members can qualify for an EB-5 immigrant investor visa?
- What are the EB-5 visa investment requirements?
- What is the difference between U.S. citizenship and permanent residency?
- What is an EB-5 project?
- How long does it take to get a green card from the EB-5 program?
- How do I know which EB-5 Regional Center I can invest in?
- How can you qualify as an EB-5 investor?
- Would the sale of existing commercial property qualify for the EB-5 Program?