About Anthony Ravani
Anthony B. Ravani is an EB-5 immigration attorney, with a successful immigration and business law practice, who has more than 20 years of business experience. He has worked directly with Bill Gates as a Microsoft executive, has founded successful companies in the United States and was a manager at ExxonMobil.
Attorney Ravani has developed a reputation of an expert immigration lawyer in EB-5 in the Pacific Northwest. He has helped a number of clients from overseas to successfully invest in the United States and obtain permanent residency for themselves and their families. He travels frequently to emerging market areas because of his clients, and assists them in investing in the United States. Attorney Ravani has negotiated large complex contracts, as complex as building a refinery, as well as small ones. He has been a guest speaker at various forums and conferences in Europe, Japan, and the United States on topics such as making successful investment in the United States, merger & acquisition transactions, building and bringing a new venture to profit, and recently, EB-5 investment at the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) Pacific Northwest conferences. He has taught MBA courses at University of Houston and Louisiana State University (LSU) and has taught at Seattle University-Law School.
Attorney Ravani has a Bachelor of Science and Master of Science degree in business and an M.S. degree in industrial engineering from LSU. Attorney Ravani received his Juris Doctor from Seattle University-Law School and has been admitted to Washington Bar and the U.S. District Court, Western Washington. He has completed various executive programs at University of California, Berkeley; University of California, Los Angeles; and Stanford University. He serves on the board of directors of two software companies, is an adviser to the MBA Program at LSU and advises start-up entrepreneurs on how best to begin a new company.
Attorney Ravani also maintains an office in Orange County, Calif.
Answers to EB-5 88 Questions Answered
- Who is allowed to gift funds for an EB-5 investment?
- How does the NVC determine an EB-5 investor''s consulate?
- How do I verify if an EB-5 project is exemplar, actual or hypothetical?
- What are the differences between a conditional green card and a permanent green card?
- How long is the EB-5 process?
- When in the EB-5 process is a child''s age considered?
- Can my spouse get a job while I do EB-5?
- Where does my family have to live?
- Can I use retirement funds for EB-5?
- Is it easier to invest in a project with multiple investors or by myself?
- Is it possible to adjust my status after submission of I-526?
- How can I find active EB-5 projects?
- How will my marriage date affect my family''s green cards?
- How can I start working on EB-5 cases?
- Can someone with a criminal record engage in an EB-5 investment program?
- What will happen if my EB-5 project fails?
- What documents are generally used to prove EB-5 source of funds?
- Can you switch from E-2 visa to EB-5?
- How can I plan my direct EB-5 investment while out of county?
- What options are available for EB-5 investors with children over 21?
- What are the benefits of transfering EB-5 capital to an escrow account?
- How can I make my required EB-5 investment?
- Why do companies choose certain attorneys for EB-5 investors?
- How can I apply for EB-5 visa if spouse is already Permanent Resident?
- How long does I-526 approval take for a direct investment?
- How can I apply for EB-5 visa if I have an F-1 student visa?
- How can my business become an EB-5 Regional Center?
- Does EB-5 place limitations on family immigration?
- How will new US immigration reform policies affect EB-5 applications?
- Do I need an attorney to apply for an EB-5 visa?
- Can I use rental income for the EB-5 Program?
- Can I apply for an EB-5 Visa while in the US on an E3 Visa?
- How do I find a qualified EB-5 attorney?
- Can you leave the country with a pending I-526 petition?
- Are EB-5 visas still being issued?
- What kind of attorney do I need to create an EB-5 Regional Center?
- Does the entire EB-5 investment amount have to be made before filing the I-526?
- How do I know whether or not an EB-5 project is part of a Regional Center?
- Can an EB-5 green card be granted to the partners managing a company?
- Will I have to go to an embassy interview to get an EB-5 visa?
- Is there an age limit for the EB-5 Visa Program?
- How much are EB-5 attorney fees?
- Is there a list of investors interested in the EB-5 program?
- How can investors from Middle Eastern tax free havens participate in the EB-5 program?
- Can I use a gift to get my EB-5 visa?
- What is the restriction on the number of Chinese EB-5 applicants?
- Can people from any country get an EB-5 visa?
- Is there a limit on the number of projects an EB-5 Regional Center can have?
- When can I move to the United States in the EB-5 visa process?
- Why are EB-5 investments regulated by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)?
- Can an EB-5 investor be employed for compensation at the business they invest in?
- Can EB-5 investors invest in a pre-existing business?
- How do I know which EB-5 Regional Centers have approved I-829s?
- Will I have to pay taxes if I am an investor in the EB-5 visa program?
- Is an equity or debt investment better for the EB-5 visa program?
- Does the government provide financing options for EB-5 visa applicants?
- What documents are used for the trace of funds in the EB-5 Program?
- Can my wife and I used combined funds for the EB-5 Visa Program?
- Do you have to live near the EB-5 Regional Center that you invest in?
- Do I have to be an accredited investor to qualify for an EB-5 Visa?
- Can I stay in the U.S. while going through the EB-5 program?
- Which family members can qualify for an EB-5 immigrant investor visa?
- What options are available if an EB-5 Regional Center application is denied?
- What are the EB-5 visa investment requirements?
- What kinds of businesses qualify for EB-5 visa investment?
- What is an EB-5 project?
- What is the difference between U.S. citizenship and permanent residency?
- How do I know which EB-5 Regional Center I can invest in?
- How long does it take to get a green card from the EB-5 program?
- How can you qualify as an EB-5 investor?
- How do I start the EB-5 Program application?
- Can EB-5 investments purchase securities of a Non-Traded REIT?
- Could we use the EB-5 program to acquire investors?
- Can I bring my family to the United States if I get an EB-5 visa?
- How are brokers and consultants involved in the EB-5 process?
- Can I apply for the EB-5 visa program if I overstayed my previous visa?
- Would the sale of existing commercial property qualify for the EB-5 Program?
- Do I have to maintain U.S. residence to get an EB-5 visa?
- How can I determine EB-5 attorney success rates?
- What are the current EB-5 Regional Centers?
- How can we attract EB-5 investors?
- How many EB-5 visas are granted by the USCIS each year?
- Can investments in apartments qualify for the EB-5 visa program?
- How do I know which EB-5 Regional Centers and projects are reliable?
- Is there usually a return on EB-5 investments?
- How can I more easily move money from China for the EB-5 visa program?
- How can I find out if a Regional Center is in a Targeted Employment Area (TEA)?
- Do the funds for an EB-5 Visa have to be personally owned by the entrepreneur?