About Shannon M Shepherd
Shannon M. Shepherd is an EB-5 immigration attorney practicing at the Chicago branch of Immigration Attorneys, LLP. Attorney Shepherd has a wide range of experience with immigration issues, including family-based immigration petitions, H-1B and L-1 applications, and derivative citizenship and naturalization claims.
Attorney Shepherd has experience representing clients in appellate cases at the federal and state levels and has represented numerous immigration clients before the United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh and Eighth Circuits. Attorney Shepherd speaks frequently at programs for continuing legal education for the American Immigration Lawyers Association and the Illinois State Bar Association.
Attorney Shepherd has published numerous articles covering immigration law. In particular, she has published multiple articles in The Globe, which is the Illinois State Bar Association’s International and Immigration Law Section’s newsletter. She has also made several appearances on radio and television programs where she discussed various aspects of immigration law.
Attorney Shepherd earned her undergraduate degree in political science from the University of Georgia in 1998. She earned her degree from the John Marshall School of Law in 2003. She is admitted to practice in Illinois, the United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh, Eighth, and Ninth Districts, and the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois.
She is a member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association, where she has served as vice chair of the Chicago Chapter’s Continuing Legal Education Committee. She is also a member of the Illinois State Bar Association where she is a past chair for the International and Immigration Law Section Council, the International and Immigration Law Section Council’s CEL coordinator, and a member of the Human Rights Section Council.
Answers to EB-5 10 Questions Answered
- How can I file a primary I-485 and remain a dependent on another I-485 at the same time?
- If our TN status is expiring, how can we stay in the United States while applying for EB-5?
- How can one EB-5 investor loan funds to another EB-5 applicant?
- What are the EB-5 visa residency requirements for international students?
- Why do EB-5 investments need to be made “at-risk”?
- How long does the EB-5 process usually take?
- How do I read the U.S. Department of State Visa Bulletin?
- When does the “aging out” process start in the EB-5 Immigrant Investor Program?
- How does a pending I-529 affect the filing of an I-485?
- What are the issues of investing in an EB-5 project with your employer?