About Mahsa Aliaskari
Mahsa Aliaskari is an EB-5 immigration attorney and shareholder who practices in the Los Angeles office of Polsinelli PC. Her practice primarily consists of immigration and nationality law. She represents both international and national employers before the U.S. Department of Labor and U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services regarding investor and employment based immigration issues. She provides innovative and practical immigration strategies that account for the realities of the business environment that EB-5 takes place in. Attorney Aliaskari, in particular, provides counsel to high net worth foreign individuals participating in the EB-5 visa program.
With more than 700 lawyers in 18 offices across the United States, Polsinelli is able to effectively serve corporations, institutions, entrepreneurs and individuals with expert legal counsel. The firm strives to provide practical business legal decisions catered toward the clients’ objectives. Polsinelli PC treats its clients with respect and prides itself on its integrity and reputation.
Within the context of the EB-5 program, attorney Aliaskari represents investors through the preparation and filing of I-526 applications (Immigrant Petition by Alien Entrepreneur) and I-829 removal of conditions. She also assists EB-5 project developers, regional centers, private equity firms, corporate securities attorneys and others involved with the EB-5 Regional Center program. She has also assisted emerging companies and foreign nationals seeking permanent or temporary employee transfers to the United States in order to establish new business ventures. Attorney Aliaskari also assists both small and large U.S.-based companies in developing comprehensive immigration and business policies that help minimize liability and exposure. In addition to the EB-5 program, attorney Aliaskari also represents degreed professionals, entertainers, athletes and degreed professionals obtain visas such as the H1-B, P, O, TN and E-3.
Attorney Aliakari earned her undergraduate degree from George Mason University in 1997 and her law degree from the Washington College of Law at American University in 2000. She is admitted to practice law in Virginia and has practiced immigration law exclusively since 2000.
Answers to EB-5 170 Questions Answered
- Can jobs created by the total capital be counted toward EB-5 requirements?
- What happens to my original investment once an EB-5 project is completed?
- How can a single business use multiple investors as long as 10 full-time jobs are created?
- What happens if a TEA loses eligibility during an EB-5 investor’s five year investment term?
- What are advantages of the EB-5 regional center route other than a lower minimum investment?
- How does the USCIS know that an EB-5 investment has created the required number of qualifying jobs?
- What is the law about refunding my capital if I am denied my I-526?
- How can an EB-5 investor invest in a non-profit project?
- How can part time jobs be aggregated for EB-5 job creation?
- How do taxes on gifts affect EB-5 investment?
- What does USCIS look for when examining project documents?
- When must an EB-5 investor qualify as an accredited investor?
- What are alternate options if my EB-5 application is denied?
- How much of the job creation do EB-5 funds get credit for?
- How does the amount of money you invest affect your chances of having your I-526 approved?
- What involvement must an investor have in a regional center project?
- What considerations should be given to omitting a spouse or child from an EB-5 1-526 petition?
- Can the child of an EB-5 investor remain in school even if I-829 is not approved?
- Does an entire business have to be in a TEA to qualify for lower investment?
- How can I buy a closed business and make it a qualifying business?
- How do I establish residency after receiving my green card?
- Does buying a company''s stock count as an investment?
- How can I apply for EB-5 if I''ve been rejected for other visas?
- When can a project use the investment capital?
- Can a recent investment qualify for EB-5?
- Are any countries excluded from the EB-5 program?
- Can I transition from an L-1 visa to an EB-5 visa?
- Does the applicant need to physically live in the United States for the entire EB-5 process?
- What is the current processing time for the I-526 Petition?
- How will leaving the U.S. affect my pending I-526?
- What are the conditions of a co-investment and a joint-venture?
- What happened if I waited a year and my I-526 still hasn''t been approved?
- What is a typical return on investment of a regional center?
- How do payments work for immigration lawyers?
- How can I file for the EB-5 visa for my family?
- How will leaving the U.S. affect my pending I-526?
- How can I adjust my status to an EB-5 visa?
- How can a EB5 visa applicant apply for F-1 Visa?
- What determines where you can live with an EB-5 visa?
- How can I make my required EB-5 investment?
- How can I get visa as a non-principal investor?
- What does my business need to attract EB-5 Investors?
- How can multiple investors within a family apply for EB-5?
- How can I apply for EB-5 while on OPT?
- What can an attorney do for an EB-5 investor?
- What documents are needed to trace my source of funds for EB-5?
- How do I find out what areas are TEA designated?
- What benefits other than a visa can be gained from EB-5?
- How does my family apply for EB-5 from our home country?
- How will an expired F1 visa affect my I-526 petition?
- How am I affected by other EB-5 investors in a pooled project?
- What is needed to complete my I-485 petition?
- What is the difference between an indirect job and an induced job?
- What are the EB-5 family restrictions for immigration?
- How are referral fees handled in EB-5 cases?
- How can investors make money from EB-5 investment?
- How can I afford EB-5?
- How can I apply for EB-5 visa if spouse is already Permanent Resident?
- How can I fund my EB-5 project with other types of investments?
- How will my EB-5 status affect dependent children?
- How can I introduce investors to EB-5 projects?
- When can EB-5 funds be used during a project?
- Can I buy a home to get a green card?
- How do investors find EB-5 projects?
- How do direct and Regional Center investments differ?
- How can company employees apply for EB-5 visa?
- How is the EB-5 investor affected if the required jobs are not created?
- How can I apply for EB-5 with a B1/B2 status?
- What happens if my EB-5 consular is denied?
- How is job creation allocated to EB-5 investors?
- How can investment funds be utilized for an EB-5 project?
- How can I make EB-5 evaluation time faster?
- What are the benefits of becoming a Regional Center?
- How can my business become an EB-5 Regional Center?
- How does my dependent child under EB-5 apply for U.S. college?
- How does a permanent U.S. resident differ from a citizen?
- Would investing in a convenience store qualify for an EB-5 visa?
- How does the USCIS determine a timeframe for EB-5 job creation?
- How much time should I budget for the entire EB-5 process?
- Is it possible to have two different I-485 applications pending?
- What are the benefits of purchasing a Regional Center?
- Does an established franchise business qualify for EB-5?
- What are the qualifications for TEA designation?
- What are the implications of the EB-5 Adjudications Policy Memorandum?
- How can I prepare for the EB-5 Consulate interview?
- How can I apply for EB-5 visa if I have an F-1 student visa?
- What is needed to complete my I-829 petition?
- What income taxes must be filed after an EB-5 investor receives his green card?
- How can I get an EB-5 visa if I have a B1/B2 visa?
- What are the orgin country restrictions for EB-5?
- What are EB-5 state incorporation laws?
- Is an early release of EB-5 funds beneficial?
- What will happen to my investment if my I-829 is denied?
- What investments count towards the EB-5 investment threshold?
- Does EB-5 place limitations on family immigration?
- Can EB-5 be sponsored by a family member?
- Is a Regional Center a global location or domestic U.S. location?
- What is the difference between an EB-5 visa and a L-1 visa?
- What is the difference between direct jobs and indirect jobs in EB-5?
- Should I invest in a company before they are an accredited regional center?