About James Zhou
James Zhou, an immigration attorney, leads the Law Offices of James Zhou (周建民律师事务所), located in the City of Industry, Calif. The firm offers a variety legal services in the fields of corporate law, civil litigation, family law, asset protection, and intellectual property, and specifically focuses on immigration. Attorney Zhou handles cases involving matters related to employment-based immigration, such as H-1B, EB-5 immigrant investor visas, and National Interest Waivers; family-based immigration, including K-1 visas, and family members of green card holders; citizenship and naturalization; and non-immigrant visas, including F-1 reinstatement and B-1/B-2 extensions.
Specifically, Attorney Zhou has experience representing EB-5 investors in their I-526 petitions, adjustment of status and consular processing, and removal of conditions. He is committed to evaluating each client's situation and designing personalized, cost-effective, and optimal solutions, and to maintaining the highest ethical standard and professional integrity. Prior to establishing the Law Offices of James Zhou, Attorney Zhou worked at several well-known private law firms, including Irell & Manella, LLP, and Hogan & Lovells, LLP. He has also provided services for the Asian Pacific American Legal Center (APALC), the largest Asian American civil rights and legal and organization in the United States.
Attorney Zhou earned his bachelor’s degree from Peking University in Beijing, China. He went on to earn his Juris Doctor from the University of Pennsylvania Law School, and his Ph.D. from Columbia University in New York. He is an active member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association, along with the American Bar Association. A member of the state bar of California, Attorney Zhou is also licensed to practice law before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. He is fluent in English and Mandarin.
Answers to EB-5 8 Questions Answered
- How does an F-1 student visa holder file for their EB-5 immigrant visa once the I-526 is approved?
- What immigration application should I file after I-526 approval?
- How can I stay in the United States for EB-5 if my J-1 visa will expire?
- When is a purchaser representative needed in EB-5?
- What happens if a conditional permanent resident leaves the U.S. for six months?
- How does an EB-5 investor''s family member adjust their status after I-526 approval?
- How can I apply for EB-5 if I already applied for an investor visa in another country?
- How can someone without an employment history apply for EB-5?