About Yiannis Fanides
Yiannis Fanides is an associate attorney at the law firm Michael Kyprianou & Co. LLC. He specializes in corporate and financial law, dispute resolution and arbitration, and immovable property law. Fanides works out of the firm’s Paphos, Cyprus office. The firm also has offices in Nicosia and Limassol in Cyprus; Athens and Thessaloniki in Greece; Birkirkara, Malta; and Kiev, Ukraine.
Founded by Michael Kyprianou, Michael Kyprianou & Co. LLC has been listed in directories such as the Legal 500 and Chambers & Partners. In the area of corporate and commercial law, the firm handles matters related to acquiring and incorporating Cyprus companies and offshore companies, corporate restructurings and reorganizations, joint ventures, cross-border and domestic mergers, and more. In the area of dispute resolution and arbitration, the firm has experience in litigating cross-border matters, and advises on commercial and corporate disputes.
In the area of immovable property, the firm handles matters regarding Cyprus Immovable Property Law and also represents clients before the stamp duty authority, the land registry, and the tax authorities. The firm’s full practice areas cover: corporate and financial law, dispute resolution and arbitration, immovable property law, international tax planning, European and competition law, investment firm regulation, debt collection, immigration law, admiralty and shipping, intellectual property, information technology and electronic commerce, and banking and finance. Michael Kyprianou & Co. LLC also provides corporate, accounting, and taxation services.
Fanides earned his Bachelor of Laws (L.L.B.) from the University of Leicester in England. He then went on to earn his Master of Laws (L.L.M.) in international commercial law, also from the University of Leicester. He has been actively admitted to the Cyprus Bar since 2011, and is an associate member of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators in London – a professional international network for arbitrators, mediators and adjudicators. Fanides is bilingual in English and Greek.
Answers to EB-5 22 Questions Answered
- What is the best method for purchasing government bonds for the purposes of the Cypriot Citizenship by Investment?
- How can I use the business I already purchased in Cyprus to qualify for the Citizenship by Investment program?
- How does joint ownership in real estate impact participating in the Cypriot Citizenship by Investment program?
- What are the requirements for opening a company in Cyprus under the citizenship-by-investment program?
- How can I purchase Cyprus government bonds compliant with the investment requirements of my Cypriot Citizenship-by-Investment application?
- What has changed about citizenship by investment program of Cyprus?
- What do I need to do to prove source of funds for my application to Cyprus citizenship by investment when my funds come from gifted stocks?
- Under what circumstances would the government revoke citizenship after it is granted through the Cyprus Citizenship by Investment scheme?
- Once my application is accepted for the Cyprus CBI program and I receive citizenship, are there any other requirements I must comply with?
- What happens if my Cyprus residency application case ID number is not working?
- Would citizenship in Cyprus, approved within the next few months, enable my family to live in the United Kingdom?
- How can I prove that funds were gifted to me for my Cyprus golden visa application?
- What are the exceptions to the Cyprus citizenship-by-investment program requirement to purchase a residential property worth 500,000 EUR?
- For the Cyprus citizenship by investment program, how can I show “proven correlation” between myself and my company?
- How can a lawyer help me with the real estate purchase for the Cypriot CBI program?
- Once citizenship is granted under the Cypriot Investment Program, how can I maintain it?
- How can I purchase government bonds for my Cypriot Citizenship by Investment application?
- What family members are entitled to citizenship along with the principle applicant?
- How do I find an “eligible bank” for the required fixed deposit for the Cypriot Citizenship by Investment application?
- How can I satisfy the requirement for investment in financial assets of Cypriot companies when investing in my own company?
- Which family members can count as derivatives in the Cyprus citizenship-by-investment program?
- How does citizenship by investment in cyprus work?