Rohit Kapuria compares and contrasts immigrant investment programs available around the world....
About Rohit Kapuria
Rohit Kapuria is an EB-5 securities and immigration attorney at Saul Ewing Arnstein & Lehr LLP, one of the country’s oldest law firms, with offices in Illinois and Florida. Kapuria is based in the firm’s Chicago office. As part of the firm’s EB-5 team, he represents and provides legal advice and services to project developers seeking to utilize the EB-5 program and to investors who have U.S. immigration concerns.
Arnstein & Lehr’s EB-5 Law Group consists of an interdisciplinary team with experience in immigration, commercial real estate, corporate and securities, finance, international and tax matters. The EB-5 lawyers advise businesses (such as regional centers, real estate developers, and other project companies) seeking EB-5 financing from foreign investors. They also represent foreign investors interested in obtaining U.S. permanent residence through EB-5 investment.
Kapuria works together with business plan writers, investment managers, economists, real estate attorneys, as well as with other professionals in preparing I-526 and I-924 petitions for USCIS. He also prepares private placement memorandums and other ancillary securities documents associated with an EB-5 raise. He helps and assists his clients in completing their requirements and documents that U.S. immigration law requires. Moreover, he has helped foreign investors, corporations, and businesses operate in the United States legally.
Before Kapuria joined Arnstein & Lehr,he was an EB-5 attorney with Klasko Immigration Law Partners, LLP, and prior to that, a clerk at different law firms providing securities services. Prior to entering law school, he worked as an economistat a nonprofit organization for six years. While working there, he managed a team that analyzed and created donor fund models that were used for capital campaign projects.
Kapuria completed his Bachelor of Arts in international business and politics at Calvin College in 2002. He completed his Master of Arts in international and mathematical economics at the University of San Francisco in 2007. He completed his Juris Doctorate, with a global law certificate, at the Lewis and Clark Law School in 2012. For two years as a law student, he represented the Lewis and Clark Law School at the Jessup International Moot Court Competition. He received several awards for his distinctive oral arguments and for his briefs.
Kapuria is admitted to practice law by the Illinois State Bar. He is also a member of professional organizations, such as the Illinois State Bar and IIUSA’s Investor Market’s Committee.He is fluent in English, Urdu, Hausa, Hindi, and Punjabi.
Answers to EB-5 136 Questions Answered
- What is the timeline for creating an EB-5 regional center?
- What is EB-5 regional center preapproval?
- What is the EB-5 market norm for the terms of an LOI?
- How can my entire family immigrate to the United States through the EB-5 visa program?
- What are advantages of the EB-5 regional center route other than a lower minimum investment?
- What is the law about refunding my capital if I am denied my I-526?
- What countries do you see becoming more active in EB-5?
- How does the amount of money you invest affect your chances of having your I-526 approved?
- How does timing affect an I-526 petition?
- How can stock market profits be used to show source of funds for EB-5 purposes?
- What was discussed on the USCIS stakeholder call on April 23?
- How many days can I remain in the U.S. after filing an I-526 petition?
- How much of the capital stack for a project should be comprised of EB-5 funds?
- How can I use money earned in the U.S. toward an EB-5 investment?
- How involved with the company do EB-5 investors have to be?
- What are the rules pertaining to the aggregation of part-time employees for EB-5 purposes?
- How big can a regional center be?
- What do I need for a hypothetical I-924?
- What are the costs associated with EB-5?
- How can I invest in a residential real estate project?
- How are jobs allocated in a mixed-capital project?
- How will indirect job creation work for my project?
- How can I qualify a well-known restaurant for EB-5?
- How can I use pre-investment or debt-financing?
- How long is the EB-5 process?
- Where does my family have to live?
- How will a prior denial affect I-526 processing?
- What are the requirements for the jobs created?
- How does a business use EB-5 for funding?
- How much will the EB-5 program cost?
- How should a regional center lease itself out?
- How can EB-5 investors pool money?
- What documents do I need for EB-5?
- How can I find regional center investment projects?
- Can the EB-5 project have employees work in a non-TEA?
- How can I use a mixed-use development for EB-5?
- How can I transfer my business to the United States for EB-5?
- How can I invest in two businesses?
- Can I use retirement funds for EB-5?
- How do I apply for H-1B and EB-5 simultaneously?
- What restrictions are there for the origin of EB-5 funds?
- Can an EB-5 investment be in one business with multiple branches?
- What happens to my investment if my I-526 is approved but my immigrant visa is denied?
- How can I transfer funds from Sri Lanka?
- What is the general cost of becoming a regional center?
- How do I submit an investment project proposal to a regional center?
- How can I invest funds prior to visa approval?
- Will the minimum amount for EB-5 ever be increased?
- How can I use U.S. financial institutions when applying for EB-5?
- What is the typical success rate for getting a green card through EB-5?
- How can I sell my regional center?
- How do I obtain a request for qualifications for a regional center?
- How are migration agents involved in EB-5?
- How can a Chinese investor transfer funds more efficiently?
- What are the sources of revenue for regional centers?
- What burden of proof do U.S. citizens have when making an EB-5 investment?
- Is it easier to invest in a project with multiple investors or by myself?
- What is the standard for loan repayment?
- How do I choose between direct or RC investment?
- How can I count retained jobs?
- How can I find active EB-5 projects?
- What is the I-526 processing time for a direct investment?
- What EB-5 professionals should I consult before I apply?
- Is an EB-5 investment period 5 years?
- How can an Indian immigrant investor transfer funds more efficiently?
- What are the issues with residential real estate EB-5 projects?
- When is the best time to apply for EB-5?
- How to get TEA designation in California city?
- How do I apply for a regional center that covers multiple states?
- What type of project should I use when applying for a regional center?
- How can I sell my EB-5 business after becoming a citizen?
- Can a U.S. citizen lend an EB-5 investor money?
- What are my options for involvement in my EB-5 project?
- Can a recent investment qualify for EB-5?
- What experts should I consult for the EB-5 process?
- Can I invest in multiple EB-5 projects?
- How do I choose an EB-5 project?
- How many active, reputable projects are in Florida?
- How is an EB-5 investment distributed in projects?
- What are the long-term results of an EB-5 investment?
- What is rate of return on EB-5 with regional centers?
- What is the current processing time for the I-526 Petition?
- What sources of funds are allowed for investing in a regional center?
- What are the conditions of a co-investment and a joint-venture?
- What happened if I waited a year and my I-526 still hasn''t been approved?
- What is a typical return on investment of a regional center?
- How do I find EB-5 investors?
- How can an EB-5 investment be divided?
- Is there a premium processing alternative available through the USCIS for EB5 regional center applications?
- What are the processing times for direct investment and regional center projects?
- What sort of business can I invest in for EB-5?
- Does construction of my EB-5 project have to last at least 2 years?
- How do I choose a reliable project?
- How can I qualify as a regional center?
- How do I change my business plan?
- How long before I can move to USA?
- How do I present EB-5 capital to a bank?
- How can I get EB-5 investors to invest in my current ongoing business?
- How do you transfer EB-5 capital out of India?
- Should I have the same attorney for all EB-5 applications?
Verified EB-5 Investors
EB5 Investors Magazine and EB5investors.com Articles
Considerations for expanding the Indian EB-5 market....
A number of international investment immigration programs offer an alternative to EB-5....