Using direct EB-5 investment in restaurant projects is a unique process with many potential advantages....
About Echo Meisheng King
Echo Meisheng King is the lead attorney of King Law Center, an immigration law firm based in Orlando, Florida. King and her team of attorneys are experienced in areas of immigration law, business law and tax law. King’s expertise is in business immigration, particularly with the EB-5 immigrant investor program. She has vast knowledge and experience with structuring various direct EB-5 projects that have included assisted living facilities, franchise restaurants, hospitals, supermarkets and schools. King advises project developers on the setup of regional centers and EB-5 projects, and she also assists investors in the filing of I-526 and I-829 petitions.
King is a member of the editorial board for the Chinese edition of EB5 Investors Magazine. As a board member, she reviews articles from other attorneys in EB-5 immigration-related issues. She also frequently travels to China to give presentations to agents and prospective investors on EB-5 immigration matters.
King is fluent in English, Chinese and Korean, which allows her to assist clients from each respective country. She attained her Bachelor of Law degree from Fudan University in Shanghai and obtained her Juris Doctor degree in Florida.
Answers to EB-5 57 Questions Answered
- How secure is an EB-5 investment?
- How can some existing jobs be counted for an EB-5 direct business?
- How are part time jobs counted toward the EB-5 10-job requirement?
- How can I start running my EB-5 business during the application period?
- What is an EB-5 applicant required to apply for after I-526 approval?
- How would denial of a tourist visa renewal affect an EB-5 petition?
- Why would our attorney not advise us to apply for EB-5?
- How will I-526 approval affect the F-1 visas of my children?
- How does USCIS process EB-5 applications?
- What happens when an EB-5 application is transferred?
- How does the EB-5 funding process work?
- How can I spend my EB-5 investment money while the I-526 is pending?
- What are the requirements for EB-5 program developers?
- When must all jobs be created for the I-829 petition?
- When can a new spouse be added to the EB-5 application?
- How do I apply for EB-5 on a C-1/D visa?
- What happened to the proposed visa program for retirees to purchase homes?
- What may disqualify a visa holder from applying for EB-5?
- How can a potential EB-5 investor also attend a U.S. university?
- Where can I obtain clarification on EB-5 project documents?
- How do direct EB-5 investors get their money back?
- What is an EB-5 investment in a "rural" area?
- How many EB-5 investors can a startup business have?
- How will I know if my EB-5 investment at risk?
- How do we decide between E-2 or EB-5 based on assets?
- How can a submitted EB-5 application be corrected?
- When must an EB-5 pooled investment be completed?
- How can a U.S. real estate property be contributed as EB-5 capital?
- What are the requirements for managing an enterprise through EB-5?
- How do regional centers decide when they will return the EB-5 funds?
- How can an EB-5 dependent visit the United States before I-485 approval?
- How late into a regional center project can an EB-5 investor invest?
- What happens if an EB-5 investor also applies for an E-2 visa?
- What am I eligible to do on a U.S. conditional green card?
- How can a recent EB-5 applicant get Homestead Exemption?
- What are the basic requirements of EB-5 job creation?
- How many sources can EB-5 investment funds come from?
- How can the family of the principal EB-5 applicant maintain their green cards?
- Who gets a green card if the EB-5 project does not create enough jobs?
- How does the process of making returns on my EB-5 investment work?
- What happens after the EB-5 investor files the I-829 petition?
- Where should EB-5 investment funds be gifted from?
- What constitutes an EB-5 business project?
- How long do I need to stay in the United States to keep my CPR status?
- Do I need to be fluent in English to apply for EB-5?
- How do I verify international funds?
- What experts should I consult for the EB-5 process?
- What documents are generally used to prove EB-5 source of funds?
- How do I choose a good regional center?
- What types of businesses qualify for EB-5 capital?
- What is the risk of preparing my own I-829 petition?
- How will new US immigration reform policies affect EB-5 applications?
- Am I a good candidate for EB-5 Visa?
- When must an approved EB-5 Immigrant Investor go to the US?
- Do all EB-5 investors have to invest in the same entity?
- Can my company make a qualified EB-5 investment?
- How can I transfer EB-5 investment funds to a relative?
Verified EB-5 Investors
EB5 Investors Magazine and EB5investors.com Articles
EB5 investors must decide whether to take the direct EB-5 or regional center route, with different implications resulting from their decision....