About Jon Eric Garde
Jon Eric Garde is an EB-5 immigration attorney at Jeglaw LTD, located in Las Vegas. Attorney Garde has been practicing law for over 20 years. Throughout his career, he has assisted over four thousand families immigrate, won a significant number of federal cases, represented several hundred people in immigration court and published on a variety of topics. Attorney Garde also has experience assisting professional employees secure durable working status and has helped hundreds of investors obtain permanent residence in the United States. He is known as a strong, knowledgeable, diligent and passionate advocate. He has an extraordinary ratio of success in the representation of his clients, even in particularly difficult cases. Attorney Garde is committed to fulfilling his clients’ immigration goals and will go to great lengths to accomplish them.
Jeglaw LTD is committed to providing clients with the highest level of expertise in all legal representation and immigration related concerns. Jeglaw LTD works closely with its clients and guides them from the beginning of the process to its successful completion. With over 20 years of experience, Jeglaw LTD strives to become a leading practitioner in immigration law in the state of Nevada. Jeglaw LTD provides a number of services, including help with naturalization and citizenship, consular processing, family-based petitions, immigrant and non-immigrant employment-based visas, deportation and immigration court, among others.
Attorney Garde’s experience helping Central American refugees sparked his interest in immigration and nationality law. He worked as a union carpenter, volunteering at night with legal aid construction projects and fundraising. Attorney Garde was among numerous volunteers from across the United States on a humanitarian mission. He then went on to work for the Canadian Immigration Counsel, where he assisted in preparing asylum applications for Canadian refugees.
Attorney Garde earned his Juris Doctor from the University of Buffalo Law in 1992 and his bachelor’s from the University of California, Santa Cruz. Before and during law school, he traveled to El Salvador, Guatemala and Nicaragua to work with Central American refugees. Afterward, attorney Garde directed the Lutheran Social Ministry Immigration Project in Las Vegas before beginning private practice in 1995.
Attorney Garde is admitted to the Nevada Federal District Court and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth, Sixth, Ninth and Eleventh circuits.
Answers to EB-5 29 Questions Answered
- What happens to the Mandamus after my I-829 was denied for my EB-5 visa?
- How can I get back to the US legally from the Dominican Republic with an expired green card and expired I-551 stamp?
- How can I redeploy or get the rest of my EB-5 investment back if the project fails?
- Do F-1 students with pending I-485s have to leave the U.S. due to the new SEVP regulations?
- How can I file an NIW I-140 with a pending EB-5 I-485?
- How do you verify the validity of an EB-5 project?
- How can we transfer from H-1B to EB-5?
- What should I do if I am charged an entry fee at the border as a conditional green card holder?
- How can I make a direct investment in a census tract that is not a TEA but still enjoy the low investment threshold?
- What should I do if the regional center does not refund my investment after an I-526 denial?
- How do I provide documentation for a bitcoin-based EB-5 investment?
- How are EB-5 jobs counted for a staffing company project?
- As an investor, what does EB-5 capital redeployment mean for me?
- What are the standards used to evaluate the quality of regional center projects?
- What is the job requirement if an EB-5 investor saves a failing business?
- What happens when an investor places a stop payment on the USCIS filing fee check?
- Can Cuban citizens who meet financial EB-5 requirements apply for the program without issue?
- When does the “aging out” process start in the EB-5 Immigrant Investor Program?
- How do I read the U.S. Department of State Visa Bulletin?
- How are investors allowed to allocate investment funds in a direct EB-5 investment?
- How can an H4 visa holder and EB-5 applicant gain work authorization in the United States while he waits for his visa number?
- How do certain large urban areas qualify as Targeted Unemployment Areas?
- What kinds of jobs will meet the EB-5 program requirements?
- What are the restrictions on using ESTA visas during EB-5 processing?
- How long does it take for USCIS to reply to EB-5 applicants?
- What are the “active management” requirements for an EB-5 investor regarding the new commercial enterprise (NCE)?
- What is the time limit to act on an approved I-526 petition for the EB-5 Immigrant Investor Program?
- What are the restrictions on EB-5 investors residing in the United States on another visa?
- What difference does it make if a regional center has an exemplar approval of its EB-5 project?