About Jack C Sung
Jack C. Sung is the founder of the Los Angeles-based law firm, D'Alessio Law Group. The boutique law firm practices exclusively in the area of U.S. immigration law, including matters related to the EB-5 visa program. Sung has expertise in representing EB-5 immigrant investors in preparing and filing I-526 petitions, I-485 applications, DS-260 applications, and I-829 petitions to remove conditions. He also has experience representing regional centers in preparing I-924 applications.
Before starting his own law firm in 2007, Sung was a legal clerk for the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office, the Los Angeles City Attorney’s Office, and the Hon. Senior Judge Takasugi in the Ninth Circuit Federal Court. He earned his undergraduate degree from the University of California, Irvine, and his law degree from Southwestern Law School. While working to obtain his Juris Doctor, he also authored “Killing Two Birds with One Stone,” which examined employment law protections for undocumented workers. As a law student, Sung received three CALI Excellence Awards.
Sung is a first-generation Taiwanese American, and is fluent in English, Mandarin, and Japanese. He is the president of the Taiwanese American Lawyers Association and also holds an active membership in the Los Angeles County Bar Association (LACBA). In 2011, he received an Outstanding Public Service Award from the LACBA for pro bono representation work within the immigrant community. Sung is actively admitted to the California State Bar.
Answers to EB-5 15 Questions Answered
- How long should I wait to file an E-2 after I obtain Grenada citizenship?
- How can I file an E-2 petition while I have a pending I-526?
- What costs are there beyond the EB-5 investment amount?
- What are my options if an EB-5 project fails before permanent status?
- How will the longer waiting time for China-born applicants affect I-829 approval?
- How can I apply for EB-5 after starting a business on an EAD?
- How does the EB-5 visa differ from an L-1 visa?
- What are the financial requirements to form an EB-5 regional center?
- When must I hire 10 qualified employees for my EB-5 business?
- When can I return funds loaned for an EB-5 investment?
- How can an E-3 visa holder eventually make an EB-5 investment?
- When is a reentry permit required for EB-5 investors?
- What are the requirements for transferring funds for EB-5 investment?
- What can we do during EB-5 conditional residence?
- From whom can an EB-5 applicant receive investment funds?