About Igor Serbinin
Igor V. Serbinin is an EB-5 immigration attorney who practices at Serbinin Law Firm LLC., an immigration law firm located in Boulder, Colo. The firm focuses on business immigration issues, including entrepreneur, treaty trader, investor, and transferee related visa matters. Although the firm is based in Colorado, it represents clients from around the world. The firm utilizes a flexible in-house business model that enables them to provide quality services to clients at significant savings; the clients only spend for the legal services that they need, thus bringing savings to their bottom line.
Prior to coming to the United States as an immigrant himself, attorney Serbinin worked with the U.S. Department of Defense in Garmisch-Partenkirchen and Munich, Germany for 11 years. In this capacity, he worked within the George C. Marshall European Center for Security Studies and NATO. Attorney Serbinin taught international treaties and developed curricula that supported numerous non-proliferation and international arms control agreements, including the Dayton Peace Accord, Open Skies Treaty, Conventional Forces in Europe, START terminology course, and Chemical Weapons Treaty.
Attorney Serbinin earned his law degree from the University of Denver College of Law. While in law school, he represented civil plaintiffs and indigent defendants through an internship with the Student Legal Office’s civil litigation section and with the Colorado State Public Defender Office. Attorney Serbinin delivered substantive results for his clients through the Student Practice Act, including money judgments, non-guilty verdicts, and the granting of political asylum. Following law school, Attorney Serbinin worked for the Denver office of Patton Boggs, LLP. He worked on federal marketing, election law, international oil and gas, business development, and compliance matters.
Attorney Serbinin is a member of the Association of Immigration Lawyers of America and co-chair of the Immigration Section of the Boulder Bar Association.
Answers to EB-5 45 Questions Answered
- How would the new EB-5 reforms affect processing times for I-485?
- How can I get back to the US legally from the Dominican Republic with an expired green card and expired I-551 stamp?
- How does a divorce impact a "follow to join" applicant in an EB-5 petition?
- Do I have to find a local immigration attorney for my EB-5 case?
- Should I apply for EB-5 since USCIS is not going to extend E-2 visas for Iranians?
- How can I use capital earned from stocks for my EB-5 application?
- How can I make my investment accumulate and qualify for EB-5?
- How does USCIS count job creation for an EB-5 application?
- How are permanent residents and citizens taxed in the U.S.?
- How can I file an I-829 application outside the U.S.?
- How does an NCE work when making a direct EB-5 investment?
- How do I apply for EB-5 if my OPT extension is not expired yet?
- What is the minimum stay requirement after a green card is issued?
- What are the advantages of a direct EB-5 investment?
- How much of the capital stack for a project should be comprised of EB-5 funds?
- What are the options for the location of consulate processing?
- What are some of the characteristics of a viable EB-5 project?
- What are the differences between a conditional green card and a permanent green card?
- What recent developments at USCIS should we be aware of as we finish compiling our business plan?
- How involved with the company do EB-5 investors have to be?
- What are common reasons for delays or rejection of EB-5 applications?
- How can I make an earlier investment qualify for EB-5?
- How can I obtain an EB-5 visa while on another visa?
- May I use my saved 500k while I am on H-1B visa to start my own business?
- Can non-profit hospitals be funded through the EB-5 program?
- Can I apply for an EB-5 Visa while in the US on an E3 Visa?
- Can I waive the two year home country presence requirements for an EB-5 visa?
- What kind of attorney do I need to create an EB-5 Regional Center?
- What is the processing time for the I-526 Petition?
- Can EB-5 investors fund residential development?
- How can I determine if my EB-5 project will qualify for TEA designation?
- Can I use a gift to get my EB-5 visa?
- When can I move to the United States in the EB-5 visa process?
- Can an EB-5 investor be employed for compensation at the business they invest in?
- Why are EB-5 investments regulated by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)?
- How do I attract EB-5 investors?
- What documents are used for the trace of funds in the EB-5 Program?
- Can my wife and I used combined funds for the EB-5 Visa Program?
- Is an equity or debt investment better for the EB-5 visa program?
- Do I have to be an accredited investor to qualify for an EB-5 Visa?
- Do you have to live near the EB-5 Regional Center that you invest in?
- Does the government provide financing options for EB-5 visa applicants?
- How can you prove source of funds for gifts in the EB-5 program?
- Which family members can qualify for an EB-5 immigrant investor visa?
- Can I stay in the U.S. while going through the EB-5 program?