About Hoang Tu
Hoang Tu is an immigration attorney. He heads the Tu Firm, APLC, which has locations in Southern California and in Houston, Texas.
The Tu Firm has specialized in EB-5 applications since 1990. It has successfully filed on behalf of, and received approval for, many clients. The firm has advised for startups and EB-5 regional centers. It also specializes in personal injury litigation.
Tu, who has more than 17 years of attorney experience, has garnered millions of dollars in recoveries for his clients. A recent class-action settlement earned $11.5 million. He has represented private clients that include small and medium corporations. He has significant experience in criminal defense, business litigation, real estate litigation and contract disputes.
Tu has a juris doctor degree from Western State College of Law. Before his law practice, Tu was president of Tu Financial Development Group, which specialized in real estate acquisition, finance and development.
He is a member of the Orange County Bar Association and an adjunct professor of business law at Argosy University. He is admitted to practice law in the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California, the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, the Board of Immigration Appeals and the Executive Office for Immigration Review.
Tu is chairman of the Little Saigon Chamber of Commerce, chairman of the Vietnamese-American Culture and Education Foundation and a former captain of the California State Military Reserve. He remains active as a board member for corporations.
Tu speaks English and Vietnamese.
Answers to EB-5 11 Questions Answered
- Can certain adults be considered a dependent on EB-5 applications?
- Can a student visa holder apply for EB-5 once in the U.S.?
- What are the requirements of switching my immigration attorney in EB-5?
- How can I prove source of funds for EB-5 from dividends I have cashed out?
- What kinds of investment activities qualify for EB-5?
- How long does it take to receive a biometrics appointment notice after filing I-131?
- What stage of development should a startup be at to take in EB-5 investment?
- How long does it take for Vietnamese investors to obtain green cards through EB-5?
- How could EB-5 investments be done by a group of three to four investors?
- How can we invest $1 million in portions and qualify for EB-5?
- What should investors expect after submitting I-829?