About Farah Abbas
Farah S. Abbas, the owner of Abbas Law PLLC, is an immigration attorney based in Chicago, Illinois. She has served individuals and businesses throughout the country and the world, and has helped hundreds achieve their legal goals. Through the EB-5 Immigrant Investor Program, Attorney Abbas has assisted clients in placing over $200 million in funding for major mixed-use construction and critical infrastructure projects across the United States. She has successfully represented more than 300 individual investors in obtaining green cards through the EB-5 program.
Abbas is the co-author of “Finding the TEA: ‘Targeted Employment Area’ Required to Claim Minimum Investment under the EB-5 Visa Rules,” a chapter in the guidebook Immigration Options for Investors & Entrepreneurs. She has spoken at EB-5 industry gatherings, and often gives counsel to other attorneys on EB-5 requirements and best practices.
Prior to founding her own law firm, Abbas worked as an immigration attorney at Visa Law Group PLLC. She also has professional experience on Wall Street, having previously worked as an analyst at a major investment bank, Merrill Lynch. She utilizes this background in finance to guide clients through complex corporate and securities law issues.
Farah Abbas obtained her Bachelor of Science in finance from New York University and then earned her Juris Doctor from the George Washington University School of Law. During her time as a law student, she served as a member of the Mock Trial Board, and devoted her break periods to private and public entities in the Washington, D.C. area. Abbas is admitted to practice law in Virginia and Illinois. Her legal practice is limited to matters of federal law.
Answers to EB-5 26 Questions Answered
- Where does my family have to live?
- Can my spouse get a job while I do EB-5?
- How much will the EB-5 program cost?
- Do I have to invest the total amount at once?
- How can I transfer my business to the United States for EB-5?
- How can I get I-526 approval before my B-2 visa expires?
- How many family members can I bring?
- How can a loan be used to supplement my EB-5 capital investment?
- How do you structure a gift of EB-5 funds?
- Can I use rental income for the EB-5 Program?
- Will my family have to move to the US if I participate in the EB-5 Program?
- Do all immigrant investors have to invest through EB-5 Regional Centers?
- What is the processing time for the I-526 application?
- Can investors from Vietnam participate in the EB-5 visa program?
- Does USCIS give a receipt upon receiving EB-5 visa materials?
- Can a secured loan be used to fund an EB5 visa investment?
- Will I have to go to an embassy interview to get an EB-5 visa?
- Can I use a gift to get my EB-5 visa?
- When can I move to the United States in the EB-5 visa process?
- How can I determine if my EB-5 project will qualify for TEA designation?
- Can EB-5 investors invest in a pre-existing business?
- Can my wife and I used combined funds for the EB-5 Visa Program?
- What documents are used for the trace of funds in the EB-5 Program?
- Do you have to live near the EB-5 Regional Center that you invest in?
- Which family members can qualify for an EB-5 immigrant investor visa?
- Can I stay in the U.S. while going through the EB-5 program?