About Brian Johnson
Brian Kenneth Johnson is an immigration attorney and the founder of BKJ Visa Law, based in downtown San Diego, California. Johnson is recognized as a board-certified specialist in immigration and nationality law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. He and his staff focus their practice on employment issues facing startups and small businesses.
Johnson has represented athletes, artists, entertainers, engineers, scientists and other highly skilled immigrants in their immigration process. He frequently speaks at colleges and universities on immigration issues affecting students.
Johnson formerly worked for Guerra & Johnson PC, an immigration law firm. His perseverance and quality preparation of application packages have contributed to his consular success in Mumbai, Islamabad, Kolkata, New Delhi, Johannesburg, Kuala Lumpur, Dhaka and Mexico City.
Johnson has previously spoken at the 2015 AILA CA Chapters Conference on Solutions for Small Business, the 2016 BDC-APAC Conference on Important Ethical Issues When Practicing Outside the U.S and the 2016 Annual Conference on Immigration 101: Essential Terms and Concepts. He was previously serving as co-chair of the AILA San Diego CBP Liaison Committee and is currently serving on the AILA Military Assistance Program National Committee.
Johnson’s immigration career began in 2004 at the office of chief counsel for U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, in the then-newly formed Department of Homeland Security in Houston, Texas.
He earned his bachelor’s degree at Rutgers College and his J.D. from the University of Houston Law Center.
Answers to EB-5 12 Questions Answered
- How can I apply for EB-5 while on a J-1 waiver?
- What are regional center regulations on finding EB-5 investors?
- What are the U.S. living requirements for the EB-5 visa?
- Should I invest in a company before they are an accredited regional center?
- What income taxes must be filed after an EB-5 investor receives his green card?
- How can I get an EB-5 visa if I have a B1/B2 visa?
- How can I turn my business concept into an EB-5 project?
- How do I find investment experts to help with my EB-5?
- What will happen to my investment if my I-829 is denied?
- Does EB-5 place limitations on family immigration?
- Can we get another visa while awaiting EB-5 visa?
- Must all regional center jobs be created in one area?