About Abhinav Lohia
Abhinav Lohia is the vice president of India and the Middle East for CanAm Enterprises, LLC, an investment immigration (EB-5 visa) regional center. He heads CanAm’s business development in Middle East, Singapore and India. Lohia also serves on the in-house legal advisory committee.
Prior to joining CanAm, Lohia was a partner at a boutique EB-5 law firm, Davies & Associates, LLC.
Lohia is experienced in investment and business immigration, with a focus on EB-5, E-2, L-1 and E-2 visas. He worked with investors to make qualified U.S. investments for EB-5 green card purposes, and also helped investors establish U.S. businesses, affiliates and subsidiaries for L-1 and E-2 visas.
He has worked with clients in all major Indian metropolitan areas and frequently visits clients in Bangalore, Mumbai, Delhi and Kolkata. Apart from Indian investors, he has successfully assisted Canadian, Middle Eastern, Pakistani, Bangladeshi and Singaporean investors and businesses to expand their U.S. presence. Lohia has assisted applicants residing within the United States on non-immigrant visas, such F-1, H-1B and E-2, in getting permanent residency through an EB-5 visa.
Lohia has been an attorney for over 10 years. With active bar admissions to the state of New York and the Republic of India (Delhi), Lohia is dual licensed to practice law in both the United States and India. Lohia was a litigator in India. He has represented clients at all tiers of the Indian judiciary, including the Supreme Court of India. He earned his L.L.B. from Amity Law School, GGSIPU in Delhi, and his L.L.M from George Washington University Law School in Washington, D.C. He is a member of the New York State Bar Association and the Bar Council of Delhi. Lohia also serves on the board of South Asian Bar Association of Chicago.
Lohia is fluent in Hindi, Urdu and English.
Answers to EB-5 71 Questions Answered
- What stage of development should a startup be at to take in EB-5 investment?
- What documents do I need to provide for EB-5 source of funds?
- How can EB-5 investors receive their investment return earlier?
- What are the implications for my business if I take EB-5 investment money?
- How could EB-5 investments be done by a group of three to four investors?
- How do health conditions impact my eligibility of applying for EB-5?
- Do I need to pay U.S. taxes while on a conditional green card?
- What are the requirements for a J-1 visa holder to apply for EB-5?
- What is the timeline for filing for citizenship for a minor who is an EB-5 dependent?
- How can “visiting the EB-5 project” be an approved reason for applying for a visitor visa?
- How does the payment of the NVC immigration fee work for EB-5 dependents?
- What are the most common immigration investment visas in the United States aside from EB-5?
- How long does it take the National Visa Center to process after USCIS approves the petition?
- If the EB-5 Regional Center Program is set to expire, how long do we have to file our I-526s?
- What kind of projects qualify as EB-5 projects and what should I think about when selecting one?
- What makes real estate such an attractive investment for EB-5 investors?
- How much am I allowed to travel on a B-1/B-2 visa after my I-526 is approved?
- Can I open a dental practice when I am in OPT or H-1B?
- Can I change my E-2 visa to an EB-5?
- What is the best way to go about adding children to my EB-5 petition?
- What is the possibility of getting F-1 approval after submitting the I-526?
- What are the salary and employment requirements for an EB-5 visa?
- What are my green card options if my EB-2 application is still pending?
- How can my wife and daughter apply for EB-5 if I am on an L-1 visa?
- How can a direct EB-5 project utilize indirect/induced job creation?
- How many jobs must my EB-5 project create?
- How will the changing EB-5 regulations affect removal of conditions?
- How do the EB-5 processing time priority dates work?
- How can an EB-5 investor change from consular processing to AOS?
- When can I return funds gifted for an EB-5 investment?
- Which option gives me a better chance of earning an EB-5 visa?
- What are the most important documents to review before an EB-5 investment?
- How do I do due diligence on EB-5 regional center projects?
- What is the status of dependents after I-526 approval?
- When can I get my EB-5 investment back?
- How many other EB-5 investors will be in a regional center project?
- What are the sourcing requirements for the EB-5 admin fee?
- How much of my wealth do I need to prove for an EB-5 visa?
- Who can get a green card with the main EB-5 investor?
- How much money must I have to make an EB-5 investment?
- How will a prior overstay affect an EB-5 application?
- What is Form DS-260 used for?
- What does filing a Mandamus do for an EB-5 petition?
- How can EB-5 investors from China get green cards faster?
- How many projects do EB-5 regional centers offer?
- Who should be the main EB-5 applicant?
- How would an F-1 visa refusal affect I-526 consideration?
- What is the EB-5 project management fee?
- What are some reasons people apply to the EB-5 program?
- How can we count indirect EB-5 jobs?
- What happens if my EB-5 investment will not create jobs?
- Which EB-5 professionals will a regional center provide for me?
- What counts towards the EB-5 investment amount?
- What does 40 percent growth mean in an existing EB-5 business?
- What does it mean if an EB-5 regional center is government-affiliated?
- How are EB-5 investors actively involved in a regional center project?
- Who decides if our EB-5 green card interview was successful?
- Where should the EB-5 attorney I hire be located?
- How does USCIS regard employee turnover in an EB-5 business?
- How can my parents apply for an EB-5 visa using my funds?
- What happens if an EB-5 investor gets a job in the regional center?
- When is an EB-5 regional center required?
- How will applying for an L-1 visa affect my I-526 approval?
- When will our children qualify for resident tuition rates through EB-5?
- What is the average time until consular processing post-I-526 approval?
- When can an EB-5 investor begin working?
- What is the most challenging part of the EB-5 process?
- How can I transfer funds into a different EB-5 project account?
- What forms need to be filed in the EB-5 application process?
- How are investments directed to an EB-5 regional center?
- When must an EB-5 applicant move to the United States after DS-230 approval?