About Gus Shihab
Ghassan M. (“Gus”) Shihab is the founder and CEO of The Law Firm of Shihab & Associates, Co., LPA. He has been practicing immigration law for more than 23 years. Shihab has represented hundreds of investors in their immigration matters. He has been invited to meet with investors in the Middle East in various countries, and represents Middle Eastern and other nationality EB-5 clients who are seeking to immigrate to the United States.
Shihab has also helped clients to obtain nonimmigrant visas such as H-1B, and green cards for professors, scientists, and researchers, as well as international performers, artists, graphic designers, and athletes in processes such as J-1, P-1, O-1, national interest waiver cases, EB-1, EB-2, and EB-3. He represents families, including spouses of U.S. citizens, applicants seeking fiance visas, K-1 visas, and K-3 visas, and the immediate relatives, sons and daughters of U.S. citizens and permanent residents.
Shihab previously served consecutive terms as Ohio’s chapter chair for the American Immigration Lawyers Association and as a member of AILA’s National Board of Governors. He has been inducted as a life member of the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, an honorary society of attorneys who have achieved more than $2 million settlements or verdicts on behalf of clients. He was recently awarded the title of “Client’s Choice 2015” and has an AV Preeminent Rating from Martindale-Hubbell.
Shihab has been interviewed by local, national and international media including CNN and BBC on matters relating to U.S. immigration, and he has spoken at several AILA CLE functions both in Ohio and nationally. He earned his bachelor’s degree in engineering from the Ohio State University and his Juris Doctor from Capital Law School in Columbus, Ohio in 1993. He is fluent in English and Arabic.
Answers to EB-5 11 Questions Answered
- What benefits does the spouse of an EB-5 investor receive?
- When can an EB-5 dependent get an EAD card?
- What is considered a material change in an EB-5 project?
- When does the two year conditional residence start?
- When can I return funds gifted for an EB-5 investment?
- How will an I-485 delay affect I-829 filing?
- How will merging two businesses affect TEA approval?
- How can we apply for EB-5 with a pending EB-2 application?
- What is the best visa type for a venture capitalist?
- What happens if my EB-5 business has open, unfilled jobs?
- How can a U.S. investor help me get an EB-5 visa?