About Elana Laverty
Elana Laverty is an EB-5 immigration attorney at Brink & Laverty PA, a U.S. immigration law firm based in Orlando, Fla. Attorney Laverty concentrates her practice on the areas of business and family immigration, with a particular focus on matters related to EB-5 investment immigration. She is experienced in the filing of I-526 petitions, as well as the authentication of source of funds for foreign investor applicants and the compilation of supporting documentation required by U.S. immigration law.
Prior to co-founding Brink & Laverty PA, Attorney Laverty was as an associate attorney for over three years at Beshara, P.A., an immigration firm also based in the Orlando/Maitland, Fla., area. There, she similarly focused her practice on family and business immigration law, with an emphasis on EB-5 investor visas, and handled the filing of a number of I-526 applications.
Attorney Laverty has been practicing law for over eight years and is actively admitted to the State Bar of Massachusetts. She completed her Juris Doctor at the Massachusetts School of Law in Andover, Mass., in May 2007. She also graduated cum laude with a bachelor’s degree in sociology, and minors in theology and psychology from Saint John Fisher College in Rochester, N.Y. While completing her undergraduate studies, Attorney Laverty studied abroad for a semester at the University of Caen in Normandy, France.
Attorney Laverty holds memberships in various professional groups and associations. She is an active member of the Orange County Bar Association, the American Immigration Lawyers Association, Invest in the USA, the Justinian Order of Saint John Fisher College, and the Daughters of the American Revolution National Society.
Answers to EB-5 9 Questions Answered
- How accurate are USCIS EB-5 average processing times?
- In which business categories do regional centers accept projects?
- How long does processing take after an officer has been assigned to the case?
- How much of a delay does a request for evidence cause?
- What visitor visa would I apply for before the EB-5 visa to go to a U.S. territory?
- How do fired employees affect EB-5 job creation requirements?
- What are the employment restrictions for an EB-5 investor in a direct business?
- How does USCIS determine eligible family members of an EB-5 investor?
- Is Westminster, Colorado a TEA?