About Elana Laverty
Elana Laverty is an EB-5 immigration attorney at BTL Immigration, a U.S. immigration law firm based in Orlando, FL. Laverty concentrates her practice on the areas of business and family immigration, with a focus on matters related to EB-5 investment immigration. She is experienced in the filing of I-526 petitions, as well as the authentication of source of funds for foreign investor applicants and the compilation of supporting documentation required by U.S. immigration law. Laverty is involved in all stages of the EB-5 process, including consular processing and adjustment of status applications, filing responses to requests for evidence and I-829 Petitions.
Laverty has been practicing law for over ten years and is admitted to the State Bar of Massachusetts. In 2003, Laverty graduated cum laude from Saint John Fisher College in Rochester, NY and received her Bachelor’s degree in Sociology, minoring in Psychology and Theology. While at St. John Fisher, Laverty also spent a semester studying abroad at the University of Caen in Normandy, France. Laverty relocated to Boston and received her Juris Doctor from Massachusetts School of Law in Andover Massachusetts in 2007. In that same year, she became licensed to practice law.
Laverty participates as a current and active member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association, the American Bar Association, the Daughters of the American Revolution National Society, the Justinian Order of St. John Fisher College and the Orange County Bar Association. Laverty enjoys working with clients to develop effective strategies while ensuring compliance with applicable rules and regulations as required by USCIS. She values working closely with her clients and strives to provide them with a highly professional experience while achieving their immigration goals.
Answers to EB-5 9 Questions Answered
- How accurate are USCIS EB-5 average processing times?
- In which business categories do regional centers accept projects?
- How long does processing take after an officer has been assigned to the case?
- How much of a delay does a request for evidence cause?
- What visitor visa would I apply for before the EB-5 visa to go to a U.S. territory?
- How do fired employees affect EB-5 job creation requirements?
- What are the employment restrictions for an EB-5 investor in a direct business?
- How does USCIS determine eligible family members of an EB-5 investor?
- Is Westminster, Colorado a TEA?