How can I renew my driver's license as an EB-5 applicant with a pending I-526? -

How can I renew my driver’s license as an EB-5 applicant with a pending I-526?

I am an EB-5 applicant and I am going to renew my driver’s license. I only have the I-485 adjustment of status but my I-526 application has not yet been approved. With these documents, can I renew my driver’s license in the U.S.? Do I have to wait till my I-526 is approved?


Lynne Feldman

Lynne Feldman

Find an EB-5 Visa Lawyer: Immigration Attorney
Answered on

You need to wait until your I-765 work card is approved and social security card received – I am assuming you filed these with the I-485. If in CA, you can apply for an interim AB-60 driving license while waiting. Other states may have something comparable.

DISCLAIMER: the information found on this website is intended to be general information; it is not legal or financial advice. Specific legal or financial advice can only be given by a licensed professional with full knowledge of all the facts and circumstances of your particular situation. You should seek consultation with legal, immigration, and financial experts prior to participating in the EB-5 program. Posting a question on this website does not create an attorney-client relationship. All questions you post will be available to the public: do not include confidential information in your question.