About Sandip Basu
Sandip Basu serves as the managing director and principal at SB Immigration Ltd, a firm that offered both UK immigration and human rights legal services. He has practiced law since 2004 and specialized in immigration law since 2011. He is a qualified U.K. solicitor (though is non-practicing) and is registered at Level 3 (the highest level available) with the OISC. Basu’s aim is to provide high quality, personal service to each client.
SB Immigration Ltd offers a wide variety of global immigration services, including legal counsel on visa matters, as well as human rights and asylum cases. Basu and his team have experience handling UK Entry Clearance cases, UK visa sponsorship for employers, family-based immigration matters, appeals, visa extensions, student visa applications, investors and entrepreneur visas, citizenship cases as well as all visas subject to the points-based system (Tier 1, 2 and 4). In terms of human rights cases, this team can assist with cases involving immigration detention bail, deportation and asylum.
Basu studied and earned both his degrees in England, obtaining his Bachelor’s degree with honors from the University of Manchester. He then received his Master of Arts in global citizenship, identities and human rights at the University of Nottingham.
Answers to EB-5 16 Questions Answered
- What are the residency requirements for UK investor visa?
- How does the UK investor visa determine the age of a child?
- How do I begin the UK immigration investment process if I already know someone who needs investors?
- How is the long-term illness of a dependent considered under the U.K Tier 1 Investor Visa health requirements?
- What if the main applicant for U.K. Tier 1 Investor does not work?
- What requirements must a direct investment into a British proprietary company meet to qualify as a complying investment for the U.K. Investor visa?
- Once I am granted Indefinite Leave to Remain through my Application under the UK’s Tier 1 (Investor) Category, when can I apply for citizenship?
- How can I extend my Tier 1 Investor visa application for U.K. residency?
- Will the U.K.’s Tier 1 (Investor) visa become a good option for E.U. citizens who want to continue living in Britain post-Brexit?
- What can I do if my financial institution is on the HO''s list of institutions that do not satisfy U.K. Tier 1 (Investor) visa requirements?
- When during the U.K. Tier 1 (Investor) visa citizenship application process must I reside in the U.K. without ability to travel out of the country?
- Can I get permanent residency any quicker than 5 years under the UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) Visa?
- How could my previous immigration history impact my application for the UK Tier 1 (Investor) category?
- Are there any options if I cannot fulfill the UK residency requirement?
- What type of documentation do I need to provide to prove that the funds I will invest come from legitimate sources?
- What are the special qualifications for students already in the UK and applying for the Tier 1 (Investor) Visa?