John Tishler explains the shift towards the involvement of licensed broker-dealers in the EB-5 process and discusses all currently available options....
About John Tishler
Attorney Tishler is an EB-5 corporate and securities attorney who practices law as a partner in the Del Mar Heights office of the law firm Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton, LLP. Attorney Tishler has experience representing clients in various areas, including business transactions, international and domestic capital markets, corporate governance, corporate finance, corporate restructuring, technology and mergers and acquisitions. He advises smaller high-growth clients, NASDAQ, NYSE and international exchange issuers on debt offerings, capital structures and equity. On a regular basis, he writes about the EB-5 investment program, uncommon interpretations and approaches to transactional lawyering, capital market transactions and emerging growth company issues.
Attorney Tishler also has experience advising clients in matters involving the EB-5 investment program. His work includes ensuring securities compliance and advising clients on strategic partnerships. He has represented clients acquiring EB-5 financing for alternative, utility-scale energy projects. He is also familiar with and represents clients from many industries, such as digital business, aerospace and defense, climate change and clean technology and life sciences. He practices corporate law in emerging venture/growth capital, global capital markets and public company corporate governance and compliance. His previous clients include GE Capital, Xerox Corporate, Lenovo, Northrop Grumman Corporation and Tree.com.
Attorney Tishler was named a San Diego Super Lawyer from 2010 to 2012 and was recognized as a top attorney in various years in the Corporate Transactional section of the San Diego Daily Transcript. He lectures on corporate law, executive compensation and strategic partnering and acts as an adjunct professor at the University of San Diego School of Law. He is also a member of the American Bar Association and the Society of Corporate Secretaries and Governance Professionals.
Attorney Tishler has published blogs on the Financial Institutions Law Blog and the Corporate & Securities Law Blog. Furthermore, he has authored various articles published in California Business Law Practitioner, The Recorder and the San Diego Daily Transcript. He completed his Bachelor of Arts at Cornell University in 1989 and graduated with distinction in all of the subjects he took. He also completed his Juris Doctor at Yale Law School and graduated in 1992.
Answers to EB-5 20 Questions Answered
- What financial limitations are there on an EB-5 investor’s funds?
- What issues will there be with an EB-5 project that initially used bridge financing?
- When must an EB-5 investor qualify as an accredited investor?
- What are the alternatives to an EB-5 broker-dealer?
- What are the laws and protocol related to paying a fee for being introduced to EB-5 investors?
- How much of the capital stack for a project should be comprised of EB-5 funds?
- How can new ventures get exposure to potential EB-5 investors?
- How can I find direct investment projects?
- How can I use EB-5 for restaurant start up?
- How can I list my company for an EB-5 project?
- What are the responsibilities of a regional center sponsor and project developer?
- How does an EB-5 investor get paid?
- What is rate of return on EB-5 with regional centers?
- What is a typical return on investment of a regional center?
- How do I navigate rule 506?
- What benefits other than a visa can be gained from EB-5?
- What are the SEC regulations on advertising an EB-5 project?
- What is the first step in the EB-5 process?
- How can I fund my EB-5 project with other types of investments?
- How can our company qualify to receive EB-5 funds?
Verified EB-5 Investors
EB5 Investors Magazine and EB5investors.com Articles
Foreign agents should pay attention to these 10 things about registration of broker-dealers....
The SEC and USCIS recently issued an alert that warns against fraudulent regional centers, John Tishler adresses questions and outlines some additional things to consider when conducting thorough due diligence for an EB-5 investment....