EB-5 issuers must ensure compliance with the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) when doing business abroad. The consequences are steep, and developing an effective compliance plan is a must....
About Jor Law
Jor Law is an EB-5 corporate and securities attorney and a founding shareholder of the law firm of Homeier & Law, P.C., which has offices in New York and Los Angeles. He regularly advises individuals going through EB-5 related transactions on securities and corporate law issues. Attorney Law represents businesses seeking EB-5 program capital, including those seeking such capital through regional centers, and also represents investors seeking to funnel their investments. Attorney Law’s practice also includes representing companies of various sizes, as well as individuals, in matters related to mergers and acquisitions, secured and unsecured lending, venture capital, securities, licensing, corporate transactions, technology, internet and new media, ecommerce and finance.
Attorney Law is a frequent presenter at events related to the EB-5 industry. He has spoken at events held by the Los Angeles County Bar Association, the American Immigration Lawyers Association and the State Bar of California. Prior to founding Homeier & Law, P.C., attorney Law worked at several of the largest and most prestigious law firms in the world, and managed a division of a corporate department within one.
Attorney Law earned his law degree from Columbia University School of Law and his undergraduate degree in rhetoric from the University of California, Berkeley. He is licensed to practice law in the states of New York and California.
Attorney Law has earned praise for his contributions to law. He was selected by LegalForce as a “Best Lawyer” in 2008. He has been recognized as being among “Southern California’s Super Lawyers – Rising Stars” by Super Lawyers magazine for each of the past three years. This distinction places attorney Law in the top 2.5 percent of the best attorneys who are 40 years or younger throughout Southern California, or those who have practiced law for 10 years or less. Attorney Law also received Avvo.com’s 2012 Clients’ Choice award for earning only perfect client reviews.
Answers to EB-5 42 Questions Answered
- How do I sell my Regional Center?
- What resources are available to immigrants after getting their green cards?
- What types of assets are used in determining my net worth?
- How can my business become an EB-5 Regional Center?
- How can I team up with a Regional Center for an EB-5 project?
- What are the accredited investor requirements for EB-5?
- How can I turn my business concept into an EB-5 project?
- Should I invest in a company before they are an accredited regional center?
- What are EB-5 state incorporation laws?
- How would I structure a regional center collaboration?
- What is the risk of preparing my own I-829 petition?
- Does an eb5 investor have to actively participate in the company?
- How can I best attract EB5 investors?
- How does a business owner use an EB5 Regional Center?
- Why is there bottleneck with I-526 processing times?
- Do I need an attorney to apply for an EB-5 visa?
- Can you recoup your EB-5 investment if your green card is denied?
- What is the benefit of investing in an EB-5 Regional Center?
- Do all immigrant investors have to invest through EB-5 Regional Centers?
- How do I make a safe EB-5 investment?
- Can a Regional Center qualify for $500,000 investors if it is does not meet TEA designation?
- How do I find a qualified EB-5 attorney?
- Are there business growth opportunities in the EB5 program?
- Are EB-5 visas still being issued?
- How can I find an EB-5 Investor to look at my business?
- What kind of attorney do I need to create an EB-5 Regional Center?
- Can EB-5 investors fund residential development?
- Can non-accredited investors participate in the EB-5 program?
- Can you attract EB-5 investors outside of a Targeted Employment Area?
- How do we find EB-5 investors?
- Why are EB-5 investments regulated by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)?
- How do I attract EB-5 investors?
- What options are available if an EB-5 Regional Center application is denied?
- What are the EB-5 visa investment requirements?
- What is an EB-5 project?
- How do I know which EB-5 Regional Center I can invest in?
- Can EB-5 investments purchase securities of a Non-Traded REIT?
- Is it legal for EB-5 Regional Centers to list their projects online?
- How are brokers and consultants involved in the EB-5 process?
- Could we use the EB-5 program to acquire investors?
- Can I bring my family to the United States if I get an EB-5 visa?
- Would the sale of existing commercial property qualify for the EB-5 Program?
EB5 Investors Magazine and EB5investors.com Articles
Who are the "bad actors" under Rule 506?...
Why does the SEC have a place in EB-5?...
Angelique Brunner and Jor Law explain the importance of understanding the terms of a loan in the context of EB-5....
This article provides a general overview of some of the securities laws that may affect regional centers engaged in raising capital for their EB-5 projects and a discussion of two popular exemptions from the securities laws that might be available to help facilitate the entire process....
EB5 Investors Magazine editorial board member Jor Law introduces the first issue of the magazine....