About Tomas Resendez
Tomas Resendez is an immigration lawyer with Escamilla and Poneck LLP in San Antonio, Texas. As a corporate U.S. immigration specialist with more than seven years of experience, Resendez represents a wide range of clients from individuals and small businesses to high net worth corporations.
As an immigrant himself, Resendez has focused his practice exclusively on immigration law. He counsels his clients regarding employment and family-based nonimmigrant and immigrant matters, including visas, permanent residence, naturalization, and citizenship; guiding them through their best available options. Specifically, Resendez advises his clients on which temporary work visas to get, how to obtain permanent residence through the labor certification process, extraordinary ability classification, and qualifying investments in U.S. businesses or EB5 centers.
Resendez has worked for Escamilla and Poneck for more than five years, starting out as a law clerk in 2013. He became an attorney with the firm in November. Previously, he was a law clerk and legal assistant for Bozada PC law firm, also in San Antonio.
Resendez holds a Doctor of Law degree or Juris Doctor (JD) from St. Mary’s University School of Law in San Antonio and a Bachelor of Arts degree in finance from the University of Texas at San Antonio. He is a member of the Texas Bar Association. Resendez speaks English and Spanish.
Answers to EB-5 12 Questions Answered
- How can I travel abroad after biometrics appointment but before receiving my green card?
- How long do I have to stay in the U.S. during the conditional permanent resident status?
- How can I keep my H1 status until I get a permanent green card?
- What is the required deposit schedule of the EB-5 investment capital?
- How do EB-5 investors prepare for consular post interview?
- How do I use gifted money as EB-5 capital?
- What is the definition of "child" as dependent in EB-5?
- What happens if my I-829 extension expires?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of investing in a late-stage EB-5 project?
- How can I protect my personal information and investment records in an EB-5 application?
- What is the processing timeframe for EB-5 cases in projects with expedited exemplar approvals?
- What are USCIS requirements on the marital status of EB-5 dependents?