About Stephen Bander
Stephen M. Bander is an immigration attorney at Bander Law Firm, P.L.L.C. He has expertise assisting EB-5 investor clients, including preparing and filing the I-526, I-485, DS-230/DS-260, and I-829 applications, among other immigration matters. Founded in 1980, Bander Law Firm is AV rated by the Martindale-Hubble Legal Directory. The firm is based in Miami, Fla., and concentrates on complex U.S. immigration and nationality matters.
Attorney Bander has completed precedent-setting work related to the Cuban Adjustment Act. He has also successfully litigated on behalf of clients for actions brought against USCIS, along with more than 80 U.S. District Court Actions that challenged USCIS procedures and practices. Active in the immigration law community, he has presented at American Immigration Lawyers Association conferences on matters related to maintenance of permanent residence, U.S. nationality, and extraordinary ability.
After graduating from the University of Virginia with his Bachelor’s Degree in International Relations, a minor in economics, and a concentration in Latin American Affairs, Attorney Bander attended a Joint Degree Program at the New York University School of Law. He received both his Juris Doctor and his LL.M in Taxation. In 2014, he also graduated as valedictorian from the Wine Certificate Program at the Wine Academy at Florida International University.
Attorney Bander is actively admitted to the Florida, New York, and Maine State Bars, along with the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals, and the U.S. District Courts for the Southern District of New York and the Southern and Middle Districts of Florida. In addition to being an active member of AILA, he is involved in the visual arts community in South Florida and is a member on the board of Locust Projects. He is fluent in English and Spanish.
Answers to EB-5 8 Questions Answered
- How can I meet the EB-5 lawful capital requirement?
- How will divorce affect an EB-5 permanent green card?
- What will happen to my U.S. property if I give up my EB-5 green card?
- How soon after marriage can a same sex couple apply for the EB-5 visa?
- When will our children qualify for resident tuition rates through EB-5?
- When can an EB-5 investor begin working?
- How long does an EB-5 application take to be filed and accepted?
- How can the stepson of the main EB-5 applicant also immigrate?