About Peter Zhang
Peter J.C. Zhang is the founder and managing attorney of Zhang Law Offices, P.C., where he focuses his practice on investment and immigration matters. Headquartered in New York, New York, the firm’s services include, but are not limited to, EB-5 investment immigration for developers seeking capital and for investors seeking projects; L-1A intracompany transfers; and student services for foreign students studying in the United States.
Attorney Zhang has expertise in the EB-5 visa process, including investor representation, immigrant visas and adjustments of status, consular processing applications, I-829 petitions, and EB-5 securities matters. He is also experienced in handling L-1 intracompany transfers for executives and managers.
Before he founded Zhang Law Offices, Attorney Zhang served as immigration counsel to developers, international investors and EB-5 regional centers. He has experience in successfully guiding overseas companies in their U.S. expansion, and also in providing acquisition counsel to a Russian Federation seafood distribution company. In addition to his current work at Zhang Law Offices, he is the general counsel for a real estate investment firm, LG Capital Partners.
Attorney Zhang graduated from the University of Rochester with his B.A. and from the University of Buffalo with his Juris Doctor. During law school, he took part in the university’s NYC-based International Law and Finance Program, and received the Welles Moot Evidence Award. He is admitted to practice in New Jersey, New York and the Second Circuit Court of Appeals. Attorney Zhang is fluent in English and Mandarin.
Answers to EB-5 45 Questions Answered
- When do I hire an EB-5 immigration attorney?
- When can I return funds gifted for an EB-5 investment?
- How will merging two businesses affect TEA approval?
- What is the best visa type for a venture capitalist?
- How can we apply for EB-5 with a pending EB-2 application?
- How can a U.S. investor help me get an EB-5 visa?
- What happens if my EB-5 business has open, unfilled jobs?
- When can I file an EB-5 application if I overstayed my visa?
- How much of a company must I own to be eligible for an EB-5 visa?
- How can we remain in the United States for our interview?
- How will another marriage affect my EB-5 application?
- Who receives the EB-5 investment funds?
- How should EB-5 funds be gifted to avoid source of fund issues?
- How do I establish an EB-5 business before consular processing?
- When can an EB-5 investor file an I-756 application?
- How can we count jobs from two EB-5 companies?
- What is the difference between the EB-5 and EB-3 visa?
- How can off-shore costs be included in the EB-5 investment amount?
- What are the various steps of the EB-5 process?
- Which country must I list as my home on my EB-5 application?
- How can the EB-5 investor control the financial result of his investment?
- What are the salary requirements for EB-5 employees?
- When must I have the EB-5 funds ready in my bank account?
- How do I invest through an EB-5 regional center?
- What is the difference between EB-5 project types?
- How can my son get his EB-5 conditional green card before me?
- What approval does a business need join the EB-5 program?
- What are the possible ways I can participate in the EB-5 program?
- How many attorneys can I have on my EB-5 case?
- What are EB-5 migration agents?
- How can the consulate interview location be changed?
- How do I find out the status of my EB-5 application?
- How can we protect our son from aging out?
- How will the U.S. elections affect EB-5 applications?
- How would an I-131 reentry permit affect a filed I-829?
- What are the term limits on EB-5 funding?
- What happens if we change from F-1 to F-2 while the I-526 is filed?
- How can an illegal immigrant in Canada apply for an EB-5 visa?
- Who can operate an EB-5 regional center?
- What does the "Date for Filing" mean for Chinese EB-5 investors?
- How will an EB-5 petition affect a filed family petition?
- How can a Chinese investor avoid the EB-5 backlog?
- What status must EB-5 employees have to count toward the minimum 10?
- When can my son in the United States adjust his status?
- How will I know if my attorney has filed my EB-5 application?