Four points that USCIS should address to improve the I-829 petition....
About Matthew T Galati
Matthew T. Galati is a Philadelphia-based immigration attorney at Green and Spiegel, LLC. He leads the firm’s U.S. Investors and Entrepreneurs Division, dedicated to representing individuals and companies seeking use of foreign investment in the immigration context.
With more than 50 years of continuous practice, Green and Spiegel is Canada’s oldest and largest boutique immigration law firm. The multinational firm has offices in Toronto; Philadelphia; Providence, Rhode Island; and Vail, Colorado, and regularly assists investors and entrepreneurs seeking immigration benefits throughout North America and beyond. Green and Spiegel’s staff is able to assist clients in more than 30 different languages including French, Mandarin, Spanish and Russian.
Galati has experience with nearly every aspect of immigration law and focuses the majority of his practice on EB-5-related matters. He has handled the preparation of hundreds of Form I-526 and Form I-829 petitions, as well as regularly advising project principals utilizing the program. Further, Galati has utilized the H-1B, O-1, E-2, L-1, National Interest Waiver, and EB-1-C visa classifications in order to secure immigration benefits for his entrepreneurial clientele.
He is also active in the immigration law community. Galati is a member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) and serves on the Philadelphia chapter’s executive committee as its vice secretary. He was named a 2016 “Rising Star” in the field of business immigration by Pennsylvania Super Lawyers Magazine.
In 2010, Galati earned his Juris Doctor, with honors, from The George Washington University Law School. He received his bachelor’s degree from the University of Virginia in 2007, with a double major in politics and history. While in law school, he studied abroad as part of the Pennsylvania State University Dickinson School of Law’s Capitals of Europe Summer Program, focusing on comparative European Union law.
Answers to EB-5 40 Questions Answered
- Why is the EB-5 regional center program not set in place permanently?
- How can a conditional permanent resident help their spouse get a green card?
- What is the quickest way to naturalize after achieving permanent resident status?
- What are the educational requirements for an EB-5 investor?
- How do I know for certain that my spouse and other derivatives have been added to my EB-5 application?
- How will investing in a project alongside Chinese EB-5 investors affect my application timeline?
- What is the best way to go about adding children to my EB-5 petition?
- How do partnership investments work in the EB-5 program?
- Where can an EB-5 investor live after I-485 approval and before filing Form I-829?
- Where can a direct EB-5 investor live after getting the temporary green card?
- What are the salary and employment requirements for an EB-5 visa?
- How does an O-1 petition affect a pending I-526 petition?
- When do I hire an EB-5 immigration attorney?
- From whom can an EB-5 applicant receive investment funds?
- How can an EB-5 investor change from consular processing to AOS?
- How many EB-5 investors can a non-regional center business have?
- What delays in EB-5 can a foreign-born Chinese citizen expect?
- How will the Sept. 30 deadline affect direct EB-5 investors?
- What benefits does the spouse of an EB-5 investor receive?
- When does the two year conditional residence start?
- Where must EB-5 dependents live during conditional residence?
- What is the best visa type for a venture capitalist?
- How much of a company must I own to be eligible for an EB-5 visa?
- When can I file an EB-5 application if I overstayed my visa?
- Which option gives me a better chance of earning an EB-5 visa?
- How will making an EB-5 investment affect H-1B status?
- How can a current student apply for the EB-5 visa?
- Can my EB-5 investment be split into four separate properties?
- How can I use both an L1-A visa and the EB-5 visa to receive my permanent residency more quickly?
- How much of the capital stack for a project should be comprised of EB-5 funds?
- What are the differences between a conditional green card and a permanent green card?
- How can a same-sex couple qualify for EB-5?
- How can I find projects and attorneys who can speak Vietnamese?
- Do I have to invest the total amount at once?
- What happens to my investment if my I-526 is approved but my immigrant visa is denied?
- What is the level of scrutiny by USCIS at the I-829 phase?
- Will the minimum amount for EB-5 ever be increased?
- How can I apply for EB-5 if I am out of status?
- How do I obtain a request for qualifications for a regional center?
- How can I apply for EB-5 as an H1B visa holder?
Verified EB-5 Investors
EB5 Investors Magazine and EB5investors.com Articles
Exemplar I-829s could lead to faster, higher-quality adjudications by USCIS and help alleviate many EB-5 investor anxieties....
Regulations should be changed to streamline the immigration process for F-1 students who have filed an EB-5 application....
It is unlikely that the proposals in S. 1501 and H.R. 616 will solve the issue of long EB-5 processing times....