About Laura A Edgerton
Laura Edgerton is an EB-5 immigration attorney and the founder of Edgerton Immigration Law, a firm located in Raleigh, N.C. that serves to help clients from around the world navigate the complex U.S. immigration and naturalization processes. Attorney Edgerton has worked in the field of immigration law for over 15 years. She has been recognized for her contributions to immigration law by being selected as one of the best lawyers in america and was also selected as a top immigration lawyer by North Carolina Super Lawyers Magazine. In 2012, attorney Edgerton was chosen by Best Lawyers in America as “Raleigh Best Lawyers Immigration Law Lawyer of the Year.”
Attorney Edgerton has assisted hundreds of immigrant investors, multinational and domestic corporations, entrepreneurs, research institutions, academics, and families through immigration and naturalization. She possesses a wealth of corporate immigration knowledge and is known within business, immigration, and legal communities for her uncanny persistence, creativity, and problem solving abilities.
Attorney Edgerton has been interviewed in the press on immigration matters, has written numerous articles about immigration law, and is often invited to speaking engagements at leading immigration conferences.Attorney Edgerton earned her law degree, cum laude, from the University of Georgia School of Law and her undergraduate degree, magna cum laude, from North Carolina State University.
Attorney Edgerton is very active in the immigration law community. She is a currently a member of the AILA Distance Learning Committee. She is a former member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association’s board of governors, the former chair of the AILA Carolinas Chapter, and has also served as the national chair of AILA’s Young Lawyers Division and as vice chair for AILA National’s Ethics and Practice Management Committee.
Answers to EB-5 9 Questions Answered
- Can I waive the two year home country presence requirements for an EB-5 visa?
- Do all immigrant investors have to invest through EB-5 Regional Centers?
- Can an illegal immigrant qualify for an EB-5 visa?
- Can I stay in the U.S. while going through the EB-5 program?
- Which family members can qualify for an EB-5 immigrant investor visa?
- How can I find out if a Regional Center is in a Targeted Employment Area (TEA)?
- Will my EB5 visa be rejected if a criminal case was filed against me?
- What is the total cost of an EB-5 visa?
- Should I apply for immigration through a K visa instead of an EB-5 visa?