About Kripa Upadhyay
Kripa Upadhyay is an EB-5 immigration attorney and a principal attorney at Orbit Law, PLLC, a nationality and immigration law firm based in Seattle, Wash. As a principal attorney, her work focuses mainly on U.S. immigration and nationality law.
Orbit Law, PLLC was founded in 2011. The firm’s associates provide comprehensive legal services for clients in cases concerning immigration and nationality issues. The firm’s clients include individuals, families, skilled workers, professionals, individuals in academia, people with special talents and skills, as well as local and foreign businessmen and investors. The firm understands the diverse and unique immigration cases of each of their clients, and thus, their legal advice and services are tailored to their clients’ specific needs. The firm’s practice areas include, but are not limited to, investor and nonimmigrant visas; naturalization and citizenship; removal and deportation; employment-based immigration; family-based immigration (visa lottery, petitions, etc.); political asylum; and E-verify or I-9 compliance.
Attorney Upadhyay has several years of experience handling both U.S. immigration and nationality law cases. Before starting her own law firm, she was an associate of Carney & Machi, P.S. As an immigrant herself, she understands exactly how difficult it is for immigrants to adjust to a new country. She has represented individuals, families, and investors before immigration and federal law courts and her personal experience, in addition to her high success rate, have made her one of the most reliable and trusted immigration attorneys in her area of expertise. She has successfully helped reunite families through the firm’s family-based immigration services. Attorney Upadhyay has also provided immigration services to foreign businesses and investors who wish to operate their businesses and invest in the country.
In addition to handling and providing legal services to clients, attorney Upadhyay frequently gives lectures at the Seattle University School of Law. She is active in the community and is involved in immigrant and Nepali communities, where she gives free seminars on immigration.
Attorney Upadhyay obtained her Juris Doctor degree from Seattle University School of Law in 2007. She is admitted and licensed to practice before the Board of Immigration Appeals, Washington State Supreme Court, 9th Circuit Court of Appeals, and District Court for the Western District of Washington.
Attorney Upadhyay is an active member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) local chapter where she leads several committees; Washington State Bar Association (WSBA); WSBA Committee for Diversity; and a board member of the South Asian Bar Association of Washington.
Attorney Upadhyay was born in Nepal. She can converse well in English, Hindi, Nepali, and Urdu.
Answers to EB-5 66 Questions Answered
- How can I apply for EB-5 if I already applied for an investor visa in another country?
- How can my entire family immigrate to the United States through the EB-5 visa program?
- How does the U.S. state where an EB-5 investment is made affect same-sex immigration?
- What restrictions are there on living in one state and filing an 1-526 project located in another state?
- How restrictive is the medical screening for U.S. immigration?
- How can I apply for EB-5 as a permanent resident of China?
- How long do I need to stay in the United States to keep my CPR status?
- How do I apply for H-1B and EB-5 simultaneously?
- What restrictions are there for the origin of EB-5 funds?
- Does my entire family need to be included in the EB-5 application?
- What is the general cost of becoming a regional center?
- How can I apply for EB-5 as an H1B visa holder?
- How will my juveline record affect my EB-5 application?
- How is it possible to finance an EB-5 investment?
- How can I find active EB-5 projects?
- How does deportation history affect EB-5?
- What EB-5 professionals should I consult before I apply?
- Do I already need to have 10 employees at the time of initial investment?
- Does the entire EB-5 business have to be established at once?
- When should I transfer capital into the new U.S. enterprise?
- How can you applying for a B1 or B2 visa while filing for an EB-5 visa?
- How can I take college courses while applying for EB-5?
- How is Form I-551 related to my EB-5 investment?
- What is Matter of Ho and how does it affect my EB-5 investment?
- What limitations are there on the amount of EB-5 capital allowed for a project?
- What is the process for permanent residency to U.S. citizenship?
- How can an Indian immigrant investor transfer funds more efficiently?
- What are the chances of EB-5 approval with prior E-2 visa denial?
- How can a student in the U.S. on an F-1 visa obtain an EB-5 visa?
- When is the best time to apply for EB-5?
- How can I apply for EB-5 while applying for EB2?
- Can the child of an EB-5 investor remain in school even if I-829 is not approved?
- How can I prove a lawful source of funds if I have no revenue?
- How can I buy a closed business and make it a qualifying business?
- Will it affect my adjustment of status if I can''t find a job?
- What are the overhead costs for an EB-5 visa?
- How do I establish residency after receiving my green card?
- What are the requirements for education and business experience?
- Are any countries excluded from the EB-5 program?
- Do I need to be fluent in English to apply for EB-5?
- Does the entire investment need to be made at the time of filing?
- What are my options for involvement in my EB-5 project?
- What experts should I consult for the EB-5 process?
- How do I verify international funds?
- Can I use gifted funds to apply for EB-5?
- Can I invest in multiple EB-5 projects?
- Can I transition from an L-1 visa to an EB-5 visa?
- How do I choose an EB-5 project?
- Can I move a pre-existing company to the United States for EB-5?
- Does the applicant need to physically live in the United States for the entire EB-5 process?
- How far back do I have to prove my source of funds?
- Can someone with a criminal record engage in an EB-5 investment program?
- How can I adjust from an E-2 to an EB-5 visa?
- What are the long-term results of an EB-5 investment?
- What sources of funds are allowed for investing in a regional center?
- What is a typical return on investment of a regional center?
- What happened if I waited a year and my I-526 still hasn''t been approved?
- How long does an EB-5 investor have to stay in the U.S?
- Can EB-5 applicants apply for B1/B2 visa?
- How can an out-of-status person go through with EB-5?
- What sort of business can I invest in for EB-5?
- How can I file for the EB-5 visa for my family?
- How do I document inherited money?
- How can I petition for my husband at a later time?
- How many family members can I bring?
- How do I choose a reliable project?