About Olga Karasik
Olga A. Karasik is an EB-5 immigration attorney and partner at Karasik Law Group, a full service law firm with strong international networks, lawyers fluent in Russian, and offices in New York City, Los Angeles, and Brooklyn. The firm has a diverse clientele, including technology startups, multi-national enterprises, famous performers and musicians, wealthy individuals and international celebrities. Attorney Karasik focuses her practice in immigration, real estate and business and corporate law with a concentration on cross-border and international transactions, investors, professionals, immigration for business people, artists and scientists.
Attorney Karasik’s notoriety and influence in the legal community has provided her with many opportunities to lecture and author a number of articles. She was a guest instructor for the University of Chicago’s Institute of Constitutional and Legislative Policy in Moscow, Russia, titled Comparative Corporate Law. Attorney Karasik co-hosted a seminar on intellectual property and business at the Men’s Apparel Guild Conference in Las Vegas, Nevada, titled The Business Fashion: Establishing Your Business and Protecting Your Designs. She has also published various articles on business matters for the Panorama (Russian Language Weekly Newspaper) and Bureau of National Affairs’ Eastern European Reporter.
In addition to her licensing in law, attorney Karasik also has a California broker’s license, dedicating a great amount of her legal practice to aiding businesses, residential and commercial property owners and management firms on the leasing, sale and acquisition of property.
Attorney Karasik received her Juris Doctor at the Moscow State University School of Law in 1983 and a Master of Law degree at the University of Chicago Law School in 1996. She has practiced civil and commercial law for six years in Russia. Attorney Karasik is admitted to practice for the Central District of California, United States District Court and Supreme Court of Russia.
Attorney Karasik is a member of a number of professional organizations, including the California-Russia Trade Association (where she is president), the California Bar Association, the Los Angeles’ International Visitors Council, the Greater Los Angeles/Beverly Hills Association of Realtors and the City Committee of Los Angeles-St. Petersburg Sister.
Answers to EB-5 45 Questions Answered
- How can I convert my E-2 business to an EB-5 project?
- What are the status requirements for EB-5 AOS processing?
- What can count toward my EB-5 investment if I already co-own a U.S. company?
- How can a non-profit participate in the EB-5 program?
- How will divorce affect an EB-5 permanent green card?
- What are the EB-5 requirements for invested funds in excess of $1 million?
- How can an investor make an existing business qualify for EB-5?
- How would an Uzbekistan citizen transition from the E-2 visa to EB-5?
- How can a student on an M-1 visa make an EB-5 investment?
- How can an EB-5 investment be split between several businesses?
- How can I change from E-2 classification to an EB-5 visa?
- How can I apply for EB-5 if I already applied for an investor visa in another country?
- How can someone without an employment history apply for EB-5?
- Can I apply for the EB-5 visa by establishing and investing in my own business?
- What happens if a child is conceived after the EB-5 process begins?
- How can a potential EB-5 investor provide five years of income tax receipts if they only recently started a business?
- How can an EB-5 investor invest in a non-profit project?
- What restrictions are there on living in one state and filing an 1-526 project located in another state?
- How can I make an earlier investment qualify for EB-5?
- Can my spouse get a job while I do EB-5?
- How can I invest in two businesses?
- Does my entire family need to be included in the EB-5 application?
- Can an EB-5 investment be in one business with multiple branches?
- What is the I-526 processing time for a direct investment?
- How can I invest remotely in an EB-5 project as a student?
- Would an already existing company establishing a new company count for EB-5?
- How can I prove a lawful source of funds if I have no revenue?
- How can I bring my spouse over if I get married during my application process?
- What are the restrictions of the job creation requirement?
- Can a recent investment qualify for EB-5?
- Can a U.S. citizen lend an EB-5 investor money?
- Can I use gifted funds to apply for EB-5?
- Can I transition from an L-1 visa to an EB-5 visa?
- What are the conditions of a co-investment and a joint-venture?
- Can I take a loan to make an EB-5 investment?
- How can I adjust from an E-2 to an EB-5 visa?
- What are some suggestions on direct EB-5 businesses that work?
- What happened if I waited a year and my I-526 still hasn''t been approved?
- What are the processing times for direct investment and regional center projects?
- What sort of business can I invest in for EB-5?
- How can I file for the EB-5 visa for my family?
- What do you tell Russan investors about source of funds?
- How can you prove source of funds for gifts in the EB-5 program?
- Do you have to live near the EB-5 Regional Center that you invest in?
- Do I have to be an accredited investor to qualify for an EB-5 Visa?