About James Yang
James D. Yang is an EB-5 immigration attorney and one of the co-founders of Pegasus Law Group, an immigration law firm based in Pasadena, Calif. Pegasus Law Group’s aim is to help individuals, families, organizations, investors and businesses enter the United States legally.
The Pegasus Law Group was founded by a group of immigration lawyers who were also immigrants coming from different parts of the world. The firm’s associates are very knowledgeable about U.S. immigration and international law. The firm wants to give legal services to clients with immigration problems at reasonable rates. The firm offers different immigration-based legal services, particularly to investor immigrants. The associates can help and assist with different immigration concerns, such as providing assistance to investors/entrepreneurs (E-2, EB-5), international companies (L-1, EB-1C), business professionals (H1-B, EB-3, EB-2, and EB-1), and to professionals and talented individuals (P-1, O1). The firm’s clients come from across the nation and around the world.
Attorney Yang was an immigrant himself; he was born in Beijing, China. His family migrated to the United States when he was still a young boy. He and his family experienced how difficult it is to be an immigrant and to live in a new country with a very different culture. He later acquired citizenship through naturalization.
He completed his Bachelor of Arts degree at the University of California, Berkeley, where he majored in Asian studies and economics in 2004. After finishing his undergraduate studies, he decided to pursue his law studies. He finished his Juris Doctor degree at the University of Southern California in 2007.
Prior to co-founding the Pegasus Law Group, attorney Yang had several years of experience as an immigration lawyer. He has helped countless businesses and corporations legally establish their businesses and services in the country. Previously, he was an associate of Darren Silver and Associates, an internationally-known law firm; while working at that firm, he handled difficult and complicated cases, such as motions and appeals before the U.S. Circuit of Court of Appeals, Bureau of Immigration Appeals (BIA) and Administrative Appeals Office (AAO). He also was an associate of the Law Offices of Micheal J. Maloney. His experience as a real estate broker and an analyst of an investment bank give him a strong background in business.
Attorney Yang focuses mainly on assisting entrepreneurs and investors with their EB-5 visa applications. He has already helped hundreds of investors and entrepreneurs do business in the United States legally. He also handles clients’ cases that involve general litigation, appellate work, foreign investments, and business valuation and modeling. In the past two years, he has already filed at least one hundred I-829s and I-526s on behalf of investors coming from different countries.
The majority of EB-5 investors are from China, so it is important that attorney Yang is bilingual. Since he was born and raised in China, he can converse well in Mandarin Chinese and English.
Answers to EB-5 26 Questions Answered
- What can EB-5 investor proceeds be used for in a project?
- What EB-5 source of funds type is the easiest to prove?
- How much of my wealth do I need to prove for an EB-5 visa?
- What happens if I make two EB-5 investments?
- How can a charity participate in the EB-5 program?
- When can I add my husband to my EB-5 application?
- When is an I-526 petition considered filed?
- How can our landscaping business qualify for EB-5?
- How can we prove EB-5 jobs created in two locations?
- What is the difference between USCIS and the NVC?
- How will an EB-5 visa help dependents who have overstayed?
- How many other EB-5 investors will be in a regional center project?
- How does a direct EB-5 investor get a TEA certified?
- When must EB-5 funds be put into the escrow account?
- When can I get my EB-5 investment back?
- How long does I-526 approval take after the project exemplar approval?
- How can a conditional permanent resident apply for citizenship?
- How many days must an EB-5 investor spend in the United States?
- How can I turn my business into an EB-5 regional center?
- What are the limitations for usage of EB-5 funds?
- How can a lawful EB-5 investment be made from Bangladesh?
- How will filing an I-526 affect my admission to graduate school?
- What are the requirements for transferring gift money for EB-5?
- How can my fiance receive a green card through my EB-5 application?
- What role do banks play in financing an EB-5 project?
- What offering documents are required for an EB-5 direct investment?