About Irina Lust
Irina Lust is a senior lawyer in the Davis & Associates Russia and Eastern Europe Practice group.
Lust and her team focus on representing businesses of all sizes, high net worth individuals, investors, and entrepreneurs from Russia, Ukraine, Georgia, Belorussia, Armenia, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, Azerbaijan, Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan, and Turkmenistan achieve their U.S. business and immigration goals. Lust has significant experience with the alphabet soup of investor and business visas, including E2, L1, O-1, EB1A and EB5 visas.
A frequent guest expert on US business immigration on a variety of television programs, Lust has been featured in multiple newspapers and print media publications for her opinion on US business immigration as it pertains to the Russian speaking world.
Lust, who has a business economics background, has lectured about immigration issues at a wide variety of professional seminars and authored several legal articles on immigration topics.
In 2002, Lust obtained an undergraduate degree in business economics from the State University of New York at Oneonta. Then, in 2007, she earned her Juris Doctor degree at the New York Law School. Lust is admitted to practice law in the state of New York, the United States District Courts for the Southern & Eastern Districts of New York, Connecticut District Court and the United States Supreme Court. Lust serves as an active member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association and is a member of Invest In the USA, an EB-5 trade association. Lust also holds a real estate brokers license from the State of New York and helps individuals and businesses in acquiring residential and commercial property.
Having immigrated to the United States from Siberia, Lust is a native Russian speaker.
Answers to EB-5 13 Questions Answered
- How can an investor check on the status of their project during the EB-5 process?
- What are the restrictions on using ESTA visas during EB-5 processing?
- What are the restrictions on EB-5 investors residing in the United States on another visa?
- How long does it take for USCIS to reply to EB-5 applicants?
- What can I do if I “age out” after the I-526 is filed even though I was under 21 years of age when we first filed our EB-5 petition?
- How can an EB-5 investor spread his/her investment funds over multiple business locations and still follow the program’s requirements?
- How do F-1 students transfer to an EB-5 visa status?
- What are the most common immigration investment visas in the United States aside from EB-5?
- If an EB-5 applicant is going to marry a U.S. citizen, is it better to stop the EB-5 process or keep it going?
- How can I manage my business while also applying for the EB-5 Program?
- What kinds of jobs will meet the EB-5 program requirements?
- What are the “accredited investor” requirements for the EB-5 Immigrant Investor Program?
- What are the residence restrictions at the beginning of the EB-5 process?