About Christian Schmidt
Christian Schmidt is an EB-5 immigration attorney who is the principal and founder of the Schmidt Law Group, located in San Francisco. Attorney Schmidt is an immigrant from Germany, and worked with nationally renowned, prominent law firms in San Francisco, New Orleans, and Chicago prior to his founding of the Schmidt Law Group. He has successfully represented clients from around the world and across the United States.
Attorney Schmidt has assisted clients in all matters involving U.S. immigration and nationality law, including work visas, green cards through employment and family relations, and deportation defense. He frequently appears before immigration courts and United States Citizenship and Immigration Services to represents his clients. He also has extensive experience representing clients through business immigration matters with a focus on immigrant and nonimmigrant business visas, EB-5 foreign investment visas, and PERM/Labor certification.
Attorney Schmidt has spoken at numerous seminars and conferences on immigration matters. He has traveled with the German-American Chamber of Commerce to advise German companies on their expansion into U.S. markets and has assisted medical institutions in the United States with the recruitment of registered nurses from the Philippines.
Attorney Schmidt earned his law degree from the University of Hamburg School of Law in 1994. He subsequently earned his Master of Laws (LL.M.) in international legal studies from Golden Gate University in San Francisco in 1997.
Attorney Schmidt is a member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association, the German-American Business Association, and the German-American Chamber of Commerce of the Mid-West. He is admitted to practice law before the state of Louisiana, the United States District Court for the Western District of Wisconsin, the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, and the United States Courts of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit.
He is fluent in both English and German.
Answers to EB-5 16 Questions Answered
- How can my out of status EB-5 dependent consular process?
- What formalities do I have to follow for my F-1 visa if I have just received an I-526 approval?
- Can I file for advance parole after my I-526 is approved?
- How does my $1 million have to be invested?
- What determines where you can live with an EB-5 visa?
- How will an expired F1 visa affect my I-526 petition?
- How does a permanent U.S. resident differ from a citizen?
- Would investing in a convenience store qualify for an EB-5 visa?
- What are regional center regulations on finding EB-5 investors?
- What are the U.S. living requirements for the EB-5 visa?
- What is the difference between Regional Center and a direct investment?
- What is a conditional green card?
- Can investors from Vietnam participate in the EB-5 visa program?
- Can an illegal immigrant qualify for an EB-5 visa?
- Does USCIS give a receipt upon receiving EB-5 visa materials?
- How much capital needs to be initially deposited with the Regional Center?