What to expect from USCIS when it comes to minor EB-5 applicants, third party money exchangers, prior filing inconsistencies, bridge financing and material change. ...
About Bernard P Wolfsdorf
Bernard P. Wolfsdorf is an EB-5 immigration attorney and a managing partner at Wolfsdorf Immigration Law Group, an immigration law firm based in Santa Monica, Calif. with an office in New York City. Attorney Wolfsdorf has been designated as a certified Specialist in Immigration and Nationality Law for the State Bar of California for over 20 years.
Wolfsdorf Immigration Law Group employs 18 lawyers and almost 50 professionals, and is known worldwide for its excellence in providing value and top-quality global immigration representation.
Attorney Wolfsdorf is one of three California attorneys to be selected by Chambers USA as a “Star Individual,” and he was also rated in the top tier of Chambers Global World’s Leading Lawyers for Business. He has been consistently rated as “AV Preeminent” by Martindale-Hubbell and was selected as the “2012 Lawyer of the Year for Los Angeles” by U.S. News’ Best Lawyers in America. He has also been recognized as the best immigration attorney in the world by the International Bar Association, the American Bar Association research partner, and Who’s Who Legal from 2010 until 2012. Attorney Wolfsdorf earned these distinctions by receiving the most votes from more than 500 of the top immigration attorneys.
Attorney Wolfsdorf presently serves on the American Immigration Lawyers Association's EB-5 committee and is a past president of AILA.
Answers to EB-5 1098 Questions Answered
- How can I return to the U.S. with an expired EB-5 visa?
- When could there be an EB-5 retrogression for Indian applicants?
- How could the travel ban impact my eligibility to get a green card through EB-5?
- How is the return and profits of my EB-5 investment distributed?
- How will a high job turnover rate impact my direct EB-5 application?
- How will submitting I-829 earlier benefit my EB-5 application?
- At which stage of the EB-5 application can I add my spouse?
- How do multiple investors maintain active roles in a direct investment?
- How can I invest in EB-5 with currency from my home country?
- When do project offering documents for an EB-5 project need to be updated?
- How can I use my company that support my H1-B visa for EB-5 direct investment?
- What is USCIS''s view towards legal medical/recreational marijuana-related EB-5 projects?
- What criteria does USCIS use to adjudicate I-829 applications?
- How can I make both my wives dependents on my EB-5 application?
- How can I get my investment capital back with a pending I-526?
- What happens if some investors receive the return of their original capital contribution while other investors’ funds are redeployed?
- How could the proposed EB-5 regional center program comprehensive reform impact EB-5 investors?
- What is the cost and ideal structure to form a regional center?
- How can I use Chinese real estate as collateral to a U.S. bank for my EB-5 investment?
- What are the securities requirements for a company to attract direct EB-5 investments?
- How do I structure my company to quality for a direct EB-5 investment?
- What is the process for USCIS to review the response to an RFE?
- How can I use cumulative gifts as source of funds?
- How can I get my parents eligible as EB-5 dependents?
- What are the advantages of a government supported regional center project?
- How can I prove EB-5 source of funds with a mortgage secured by inherited real estate?
- How can I change the location for consular interview?
- How can I invest in two different businesses/projects to qualify for EB-5?
- How can an EB-5 dependent obtain a conditional green card separately from the main applicant?
- How can I apply for EB-5 if I have a pending I-130?
- How do different categories of projects influence regional center designation?
- How can I remain in status and be free to travel outside the U.S. during an I-829 appeal?
- When should I apply to adjust my status through I-485 if I have a pending I-539?
- How can an adopted child by an EB-5 dependent spouse be qualified as child of the main applicant?
- How do I maintain my immigrant status after my I-526 is approved?
- How can I receive gifted funds for EB-5 from an unrelated person?
- How can I use the capital from own company for EB-5 investment?
- What is the processing timeframe for EB-5 cases in projects with expedited exemplar approvals?
- What are USCIS requirements on the marital status of EB-5 dependents?
- How can dependents keep their green cards if the main EB-5 applicant pulls out of the process?
- How do I structure a business to get it approved as an EB-5 project?
- What investment vehicles are considered “at risk” by USCIS?
- What are the job retention requirement for the I-829 processing period?
- How can I apply for EB-5 if I overstayed my F-1 visa?
- How can my dependent spouse be included in my I-829 if his I-485 is still pending?
- How would EB-5 be impacted if there is a government shutdown?
- How does reinvesting my EB-5 investment affect job creation numbers?
- What impact does the travel ban have on EB-5 Investors?
- If my H-1B has been denied, what is the next best immigration option for me?
- How can a direct EB-5 investor partner with a regional center without working through the regional center?
- If the DHS changes to the EB-5 Program go through, what will be the options for investors filing through Regional Centers or in TEAs?
- What are the chances I can return to H-1B status if my EB-5 I-829 is denied?
- What can an investor do if she loses her passport and attached I-551 stamp while traveling overseas?
- What is the best next step when you find out your I-526 application was submitted with mistakes?
- How do EB-5 investors manage direct EB-5 projects?
- How will a force majeure impact an EB-5 petition?
- How should I go about moving my EB-5 project after receiving my conditional green card?
- How can an employee of an EB-5 project track the USCIS approval process?
- What EB-5 source of funds documents should I gather to account for wealth earned from my online store?
- How can I redeploy my EB-5 funds without affecting my I-829 approval?
- What are the green card residency requirements while EB-5 investors wait to get their conditions removed?
- What happens to approved I-526 petitions if the EB5 program sunsets on Jan 19, 2018?
- How soon can I file for EB-5 if I am on an H-1B?
- How does the EB-5 Program view 401k as a source of funds?
- What happens if the JCE does not maintain the required jobs for the EB-5 Program?
- Who writes the business plan for an EB-5 direct investment?
- How can I help my parents apply for the EB-5 Program?
- How can I successfully apply for EB-5 when I am currently living in the United States, but out of status?
- How would USCIS count jobs in the case of a direct EB-5 investment in a real estate and construction project?
- What does it mean when your Priority Date is current but visa numbers are unavailable?
- How long does the I-485 take to be approved?
- What happens when an F-2 applicant applies for the EB-5 Program?
- What is a 221(g) in the EB-5 process?
- What is the fate of EB5-5 after December 22, 2017?
- How can an equity investment qualify as an EB-5 investment?
- How do regional centers calculate interest rates for individual investors?
- How can a principal EB-5 applicant transfer the application to a family member?
- How long does it take to process the I-131 travel document?
- What should I do if I-829 form has not been submitted by my attorney when the conditional green card expires?
- How do I withdraw my I-526 petition and investment funds so I can pursue EB1A?
- What broker fees will we have to pay to present our project to EB5 investors?
- What are the responsibilities of the entrepreneur who finances part of his business using EB-5?
- How does an F-1 student visa holder file for their EB-5 immigrant visa once the I-526 is approved?
- How long does the EB-5 process take if conducted in the United States, as opposed to staying in my country of origin?
- When is the best time for Chinese national applicants to add their children to their EB-5 petition?
- How do conditional green card holders become citizens?
- How will traveling affect the Consular Processing stage of my EB-5 application?
- What happens if a conditional permanent resident resides in the U.S. for five years and then receives an I-829 denial?
- I received a NOID on my EB-5 application. What happens now?
- What happens if my EB-5 visa expires before I can enter the United States?
- When does the “5-year path to citizenship” in the EB-5 Program start?
- How can I invest in two separate urgent care centers as part of one EB-5 project?
- When can we expect a change in the minimum investment amount for an EB-5 direct investment?
- How can I ensure that my prepaid shipping label for the I-526 Approval Notice will remain valid throughout the 2-year processing period?
- How can I make the new commercial enterprise qualify for the Targeted Employment Area EB-5 investment amount if it is not currently located in a TEA?
- How often should I update USCIS of changes in my chosen EB-5 Project?
- What is the difference between an EB-5 project with exemplar approval and one without it?
- How does retroactively adding a derivative to an EB-5 application affect the process?
- How and when do you get a physical conditional green card in the EB-5 process?
- How should a spouse derivative prepare for their partner’s EB-5 visa application?
Verified EB-5 Investors
EB5 Investors Magazine and EB5investors.com Articles
When investors should and should not use a lawsuit to speed up a decision of a green card ...
With hundreds of EB-5 projects in the market to choose from and with permanent residency in the U.S. on the line, selecting the right regional center and EB-5 project to invest in can be an important, yet often intimidating, task....
For several months, the possibility of retrogression has weighed heavily on the minds of Chinese investors. Bernard Wolfsdorf explains the backlog, the likelihood of retrogression, and key considerations to keep in mind when working with clients with child derivatives. ...