About Angeline Chen
Angeline Chen is an EB-5 immigration attorney and the sole practitioner and founder of the Law Office of Angeline Chen, an immigration law firm based in Pasadena, Calif. The firm focuses on providing immigration counsel for families, individuals and businesses seeking to immigrate to the United States, including representation for clients experiencing employment-based, investment-based, deportation defense, and family-based immigration issues.
Attorney Chen earned her law degree from the University of Pennsylvania, an Ivy League school that ranks among the top 10 law schools in the United States. She earned her undergraduate degree in sociology, with a minor in criminology, law and society and philosophy from the University of California, Irvine, where she graduated cum laude. She has also earned a Certificate of Study from the University of Pennsylvania’s School of Business and Public Policy at the prestigious Wharton School of Business.
Attorney Chen is a member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association, Phi Beta Kappa, and the Los Angeles County Bar Association. She serves on the advisory board for Kaslem Mandala, and the board of the Foothill-Pasadena Chapter of the YWCA. She also served in the National Asian Pacific American Women’s Forum Los Angeles chapter as a national representative and board member from 2004 through 2007.
Attorney Chen speaks Mandarin, Spanish, Hakka Chinese, and English.
Answers to EB-5 23 Questions Answered
- How quickly must 10 jobs be created in an EB-5 direct business?
- How is eligibility for EB-5 determined?
- How can my investment funds be used in EB-5?
- How can multiple investors within a family apply for EB-5?
- What options are available for EB-5 investors with children over 21?
- What are the SEC regulations on advertising an EB-5 project?
- How can buying a business qualify me for an EB-5 visa?
- What is the first step in the EB-5 process?
- How am I affected by other EB-5 investors in a pooled project?
- How can I start a Regional Center from India?
- How can I introduce investors to EB-5 projects?
- How long does I-526 approval take for a direct investment?
- Do I need to declare taxes on an EB-5 investment that was gifted from my parents?
- Can an EB-5 Investment be made in a 501(c)3 non-profit?
- What kind of attorney do I need to create an EB-5 Regional Center?
- Will I have to go to an embassy interview to get an EB-5 visa?
- Is there an age limit for the EB-5 Visa Program?
- Can I use a gift to get my EB-5 visa?
- Can my wife and I used combined funds for the EB-5 Visa Program?
- Do you have to live near the EB-5 Regional Center that you invest in?
- How long does it take to get a green card from the EB-5 program?
- Do I have to maintain U.S. residence to get an EB-5 visa?
- Can I bring my family to the United States if I get an EB-5 visa?