About Abhinav Lohia
Abhinav Lohia is the deputy managing attorney for Davies & Associates, LLC’s Chicago office, and also the chair for the firm’s India and Southeast Asia practice. In addition, he is a member of the global investor and business practice, and serves on the Global Advisory Board. Attorney Lohia has expertise in investment and business immigration, with a focus on EB-5, E-2, L-1, and E-1 visas. This includes working with investors to make qualified U.S. investments for EB-5 green card purposes, and also helping investors establish U.S. businesses, affiliates, and subsidiaries for L-1 and E-2 visas.
As of July 2015, Attorney Lohia had received no denials on his visa applications filed. He has successfully assisted Pakistani, Bangladeshi, and Indian investors and businesses to expand their U.S. presence. He frequently visits clients in areas such as Bangalore, Mumbai, Delhi, and Kolkata, has worked with clients in all major Indian metropolitan areas, and was previously stationed in Davies & Associates’ Dubai office.
At Davies & Associates, Attorney Lohia works with the firm’s corporate and tax lawyers to regularly file EB-5, E-2, and L-1 applications. His representative EB-5 experience includes: helping a Punjab-based client to open a trucking business in California and receive an EB-5 visa; assisting a Mumbai-based firm to open a factory in Mississippi in order to obtain EB-5 visas for its investors; and working with H-1B visa professionals located in the United States to obtain their EB-5 greens cards through regional center and direct investments.
With active Bar admissions to the State of New York and the Republic of India (Delhi), Attorney Lohia is dual licensed to practice law in both the United States and India. He earned his L.L.B. from Amity Law School, GGSIPU in Delhi, and his L.L.M from George Washington University School of Law in Washington, D.C. He is a member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA), the New York State Bar Association, the Bar Council of Delhi, India, and TiE United. Attorney Lohia is fluent in Hindi and English.
Answers to EB-5 51 Questions Answered
- What is the possibility of getting F-1 approval after submitting the I-526?
- What are the salary and employment requirements for an EB-5 visa?
- What are my green card options if my EB-2 application is still pending?
- How can my wife and daughter apply for EB-5 if I am on an L-1 visa?
- How can a direct EB-5 project utilize indirect/induced job creation?
- How many jobs must my EB-5 project create?
- How will the changing EB-5 regulations affect removal of conditions?
- How do the EB-5 processing time priority dates work?
- How can an EB-5 investor change from consular processing to AOS?
- When can I return funds gifted for an EB-5 investment?
- Which option gives me a better chance of earning an EB-5 visa?
- What are the most important documents to review before an EB-5 investment?
- How do I do due diligence on EB-5 regional center projects?
- What is the status of dependents after I-526 approval?
- When can I get my EB-5 investment back?
- How many other EB-5 investors will be in a regional center project?
- What are the sourcing requirements for the EB-5 admin fee?
- How much of my wealth do I need to prove for an EB-5 visa?
- Who can get a green card with the main EB-5 investor?
- How much money must I have to make an EB-5 investment?
- How will a prior overstay affect an EB-5 application?
- What is Form DS-260 used for?
- What does filing a Mandamus do for an EB-5 petition?
- How can EB-5 investors from China get green cards faster?
- How many projects do EB-5 regional centers offer?
- Who should be the main EB-5 applicant?
- How would an F-1 visa refusal affect I-526 consideration?
- What is the EB-5 project management fee?
- What are some reasons people apply to the EB-5 program?
- How can we count indirect EB-5 jobs?
- What happens if my EB-5 investment will not create jobs?
- Which EB-5 professionals will a regional center provide for me?
- What counts towards the EB-5 investment amount?
- What does 40 percent growth mean in an existing EB-5 business?
- What does it mean if an EB-5 regional center is government-affiliated?
- How are EB-5 investors actively involved in a regional center project?
- Who decides if our EB-5 green card interview was successful?
- Where should the EB-5 attorney I hire be located?
- How does USCIS regard employee turnover in an EB-5 business?
- How can my parents apply for an EB-5 visa using my funds?
- What happens if an EB-5 investor gets a job in the regional center?
- When is an EB-5 regional center required?
- How will applying for an L-1 visa affect my I-526 approval?
- When will our children qualify for resident tuition rates through EB-5?
- What is the average time until consular processing post-I-526 approval?
- When can an EB-5 investor begin working?
- What is the most challenging part of the EB-5 process?
- How can I transfer funds into a different EB-5 project account?
- What forms need to be filed in the EB-5 application process?
- How are investments directed to an EB-5 regional center?
- When must an EB-5 applicant move to the United States after DS-230 approval?